Biomes & Nature Scarlestil, the Hybrid Biome!

Do you think Scarlestil should be the new Good Biome?

• No, it needs work. (Comment.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cubic.

The Destroyer
This biome is a mix between Corruption and Crimson. It is not evil like the other spreading biomes, but it isn't a happy land like the Hallow either. It could be called a Hallow alternative but I prefer that it be its own biome. It can spread over all biomes (except underworld and mushrooms), but won't destroy Mud Blocks. It is artificial only, because in order to create one you have to bring Crimson into a Corruption world, or vice versa. It is hybridism themed, and all its inhabitants are hybrids of existing enemies, along with humans.

At first sight, it can easily be mistaken for the Crimson. It has a similar color scheme, background, and surface enemy theme. However, you will begin to notice it is different when you go underground or break something. You will see that it's color scheme is red and purple, not red and yellow. It's special fire is Shadowflame. It's theme song is lively, but evil-sounding, like a Haloween song which is sang from the perspective of the things that go bump in the night. In the Cavern area, all enemies have a chance to drop Soul of Fight, which is soully (pun intended) used to craft Scarlest Gear.

Disclaimer: All enemies drop 2-3 Silver Coins unless labeled otherwise. (The label is "does not drop coins")

Yet to be sprited.
"Shadow of Life"
Same AI as the Eater of Souls and Crimera. Spawns in all Scarlest areas. It is a mix between Eater of Souls and Crimera, and that's it.
It has 50 HP, 20 Defense, 10 ATK, and no special powers.
It drops Shadow Fur, which is used to make the Deathly Fur Coat.

Yet to be sprited.
"Insomniac Slime"
A large, black slime. Spawns in all Scarlest areas. It is a mix between Mother Slime and Lava Slime. It has the same AI as most slimes do.
It has 50 HP, 20 Defense, 20 ATK, and it inflicts Darkness.
It drops Gel, just like any other slime.

Yet to be sprited.
"Impure Worm"
Same AI as all huge worms. Spawns in underground (as in underground, not caverns) Scarlest areas. It is a mix between Tomb Crawler and Giant Worm.
It has 100 HP, 30 Defense, 20 ATK, and no special powers.
It drops nothing.

Yet to be sprited.
"Cambion"
Same AI as a Demon. Spawns in Underground Scarlestil (as in caverns). It is a mix between a human and Demon.
Defeating your first Cambion unlocks the Assasin NPC.
It has 100 HP, 50 Defense, 30 ATK, and the ability to slash with a Shadow Sword that has the same ATK as touching the actual Cambion except it inflicts the Shadowflame debuff. It can fly.
It has a 12% chance to drop the Shadow Sword, a Melee weapon.

Yet to be sprited.
"Impure Elemental"
Same AI as Chaos Elemental. Spawns in Underground Scarlestil. It is a mix between Chaos Elemental and Harpy.
It has 100 HP, 50 defense, 30 ATK, and the ability to teleport around.
It drops Impure Blood, a consumable that makes all Impure Elementals ignore you.

Yet to be sprited.
"Half-Blooded Mummy"
Same AI as the zombie. Spawns in Underground Scarlest Desert. It is a mix between Foul Mummy and Tainted Mummy.
It has the same stats as a Tainted Mummy, and no special powers.
It has a chance of dropping, not one but BOTH the Light Shard and Dark Shard.

Yet to be sprited.
"Shadow Fur"
Material
Used to craft the Deathly Fur Coat.
Looks like Fabric exept with red instead of blue
Dropped by Shadows of Life

Yet to be sprited.
"Deathly Fur Coat"
Consumable
Gives either a random buff or random debuff.
Looks like a rain coat made if red fur
Crafted from 15 Shadow Fur

Yet to be sprited.
"Shadow Sword"
40 Melee damage
Very fast, auto swing (because all swords deserve it!)
Tooltip: "An Assassin could use this."
Looks like the Terra Blade, exept held backwards and is smaller, longer, and more purple
When in use, the player appears to be holding if backwards
Dropped by Cambions

Yet to be sprited!
"Impure Blood"
Consumable
You will be ignored by Impure Elementals
Looks like a red flask
Tooltip: "It might give you a spark of half-bloodedness"
Dropped by Impure Elementals

Yet to be sprited.
"Scarlest Helmet"
Equippable
12 Defense
All Scarlest gear resembles Crimtane except it is red with purple stripes
Crafted using 10 Souls of Fight, and 20 Crimtane/Demonite bars

Yet to be sprited.
"Scarlest Chest"
Equippable
17 Defense
Tooltip: "Ha, it rhymes!"
Crafted using 12 Souls of Fight, and 21 Crimtane/Demonite bars

Yet to be sprited.
"Scarlest Leggings"
Equipable
10 Defense
Crafted using 8 Souls of Fight, and 19 Crimtane/Demonite bars

Yet to be sprited.
"The Impurity" (Scarlest sword)
47 Melee Damage
Very fast, auto swing
All Scarlest weapons and tools resemble Demonite except they are red
Crafted using 18 Souls of Fight, and 26 Crimtane/Demonite bars

Yet to be sprited.
"Neutral Destroyer" (Scarlest pickaxe axe, looks like red mix between Deathbringer Pickaxe and War Axe of the Night)
32 Melee Damage
100% Pickaxe Power
95% Axe Power
Crafted using 22 Souls of Fight, and 24 Crimtane/Demonite bars

Yet to be sprited.
"Forger Of Mixers" (Scarlest hammer, looks like red mix between PWNhammer and The Breaker)
38 Melee Damage
100% Hammer Power
Crafted using 19 Souls of Fight, and 17 Crimtane/Demonite bars

Yet to be giffed.
"Soul of Fight"
Material
Used solely to craft Scarlest stuff
Looks like a Soul of Might exept it's pulse looks more like a beat than a swirl
Tooltip: "The determination of fallen hybrids..."
Dropped by all creatures as long as you are in Underground Scarlestil

In town is yet to be sprited, but I made a Sprite of her flying to her target (warning: very bad)
23190e03a29963a.png
Assassin
A Cambion wearing a red hoodie similar to the Lunatic Cultist's hoodie. It only hides her face when she is doing her job, and it only hides her wings when she is not doing her job.
Names:
Bubby, Maggie, Ana, K.D., Dex, Twilight
The Assasin NPC does just that- assassinates people. She sells Scarlest and either Crimtane or Demonite (depending on world evil) weapons and armor, as well as each boss summoner after you defeat their respective boss. In Multiplayer you can pay her to kill another player, however if they are also a Hardmode player she will either die to the target, or take very long to kill them. This role makes her great for trolling people, especially if they are in Mediocre. When she is flying to someone, she has the same AI as a Wraith, however nobody but the target can harm her. Once she reaches or is harmed by her target, she either teleports back to her house (in the event that the player used a Terra Blade or similar projectile weapon to get her to go home) or takes on the form of a Cambion and attacks the target until one of the two die. If the target defeats her, she is slain and you have to wait until tomorrow in game morning for her to respawn. Hiring her to kill is anonymous, which means if you hire her to kill someone then unless there's nobody else near her home then nobody will know who hired her. She moves in when you kill a Cambion.
Quotes:
"I don't know why the heck you would kill my father. Look at this freaking mess the Surface is!" (Reference to the fact that my OC is the daughter of the Wall of Flesh.)
"Don't tell me you want me to kill another human again."
"Um, I have Demonite if that interests you?" (Corruption world)
"Um, I have Crimtane if that interests you?" (Crimson World)
"Oh come On! You just ruined my game of Hallow Dash!" (Reference to Geometry Dash.)
"I wish you would stop bugging me when I'm posting in the Suggestions forum." (Reference to this forum itself!)
"Would you please make a quiet entrance!? You just ruined my favorite song!"
"<PlayerName>, you are not getting enough proteins!"
"[Name of Guide] doesn't know how to set Stone on fire. But I do!" (When Guide is present)
"[Name of Dryad] is super powerful, just like us! Too bad she doesn't fight for the island of [World's Name] like we do." (When Dryad is present.)
"[Name of Cyborg] reminds me of one of my favorite singers." (When Cyborg is present. Also a reference to Fandroid.)
"Man, someday I'm gonna get hired to assassinate you. Better watch your back." (During a Blood Moon)
"<TargetPlayerName> was bugging me anyway." (When you hire her to assassinate someone.)
"But, <YourPlayerName>! <TargetPlayerName> is cool!" (When you hire her to assassinate someone.)
"Oh well. <TargetPlayerName> is an easy target." (When you hire her to assassinate someone, and the target player does not have any Hardmode weapons or armor.)

Last edited:
The term for something being spreaded to by Scarlestil is "Scarlest." (Scarlestone, scarlesand, scarlestwood, etc.) But simply Scarlet sounds cool too!

Also, I mean that in order to create Scarlestil, you need to take any Crimson/corruption block and put it in the opposite world. Then, it will slowly become a Scarlestil block. (Takes 3 in-game hours in a Crimson world for Ebonsand to become Scarletsand.)

I made a Sprite for the Assassin NPC! I hope you like it, but it's terrible.
23190e03a29963a.png

Perhaps I'm better at making fan art than sprites

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom