NPCs & Enemies Sclerepugnant - Crimson themed Spazmatism for Crimson Worlds!

Is this a Good Suggestion?

• Total voters
This is a pretty good idea, a crimson version of Spazmatism is minor but sounds like a good thing.
You have my support, I put the banner in my signature. :)

Also, have you considered making him shoot leeches? (Like the WoF) His 2nd phase really looks fitting to have it shoot leeches. (Although I guess the leeches will be useless if the fight is mostly in air :p)
EDIT: If there is a way to make the leeches not drop hearts, then do it if you can, otherwise the fight would be too easy.

Last edited:
Also, have you considered making him shoot leeches? (Like the WoF) His 2nd phase really looks fitting to have it shoot leeches. (Although I guess the leeches will be useless if the fight is mostly in air :p)
Not if they drop hearts. My GOD, if the Twins dropped hearts, I'd be so much closer to actually killing them!

Not if they drop hearts. My GOD, if the Twins dropped hearts, I'd be so much closer to actually killing them!
Oh my god, if they dropped hearts the Twins would be too easy.
I meant for the leeches to only be there for damaging purposes, and not drop hearts. :p

I approve of this idea, though I find a problem with it.

The design for Sclerepungant looks a lot more like Retinazer's than Spazmatisim's. Also, it looks really fleshy, while both Retinazer and Spazmatism have non-fleshy (minus the back bits) designs.

Also, it looks really fleshy, while both Retinazer and Spazmatism have non-fleshy (minus the back bits) designs.
Well, blame me then, I was the one who designed it. I don't know why it ended so fleshy, maybe I wanted it to look more crimson-ish, but forgot that it's actually a mechanical boss... Anyway, I still find it a pretty good sprite, and probably won't ever find any inspiration to recreate it.

I think it looks good. Has a nice biomechanoid feel to it. Though, I guess you could look at H. R. Giger's artwork for inpiration. After all, he cined the term, 'biomechanoid'.

Not saying the design is bad, it's really good! It just seems to look like it would fit better as a Retinazer variant, for some reason.

I took the sprites from this and am working on a texture pack to see what Sclerepugnant and his items would look like fully implemented.

Last edited:
I took the sprites from this and am working on a texture pack to see what Sclerepugnant and his items would look like fully implemented.
Hey there, if you need a spritesheet, here it is

Attachments

• 1-Sheet.png
    1-Sheet.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 144
If you all want to know how to say Sclerepugnant, I will sound it out for you.

Skl-er-pug-nant.

Anyway, I don't like the Crimson because it has scary sounds (i.e Face Monster sounds) and it is just all blood. But this seems good for people who do like the Crimson, and the Vision posses as a challenge to players who are bored and just want a fight.

If you all want to know how to say Sclerepugnant, I will sound it out for you.

Skl-er-pug-nant.

Anyway, I don't like the Crimson because it has scary sounds (i.e Face Monster sounds) and it is just all blood. But this seems good for people who do like the Crimson, and the Vision posses as a challenge to players who are bored and just want a fight.
I think its pronounced Skl-ere-eh-pug-nant? I think?

Also why am I tagged as NinjaAttack? @FireChaos

I think its pronounced Skl-ere-eh-pug-nant? I think?

Also why am I tagged as NinjaAttack? @FireChaos
Well, idk how you pronounce it, but as Fire says I'm the one who came up with this name (I don't remember already XD), I have my own version of pronounciation of Sclerepugnant, thought I can't describe it, well, the only thing that is for sure: "g" isn't pronounced here.

Back
Top Bottom