Portfolio/Multi-Topic Scoob's idea bag.

Scubadog

Skeletron Prime
Some might think these are great, many will call me a lunatic, but here's the list of ideas I've written down to this day. More to come and who knows how many have already been added in the new update, but here it goes...

NPC changes:

Nurse

• Sells healing, regeneration potions, heartreach potions and the like.
  • Sells Antidote after defeating the Bee Queen (see "New items").
New guide dialogue

• You should always have a spare free room, in case someone new comes by.
  • Those glowing mushrooms almost seem alive. I wonder, what would happen if you'd spread them in the overworld?
  • Those pulsating pink flowers aren't anything like I've seen. You should be careful around them.
  • There's a legend that a pirate who had a treasure map got eaten by a shark and the map was lost...now they want it back.
  • Try holding shift when browsing a chest. You can quickly move items to and from it by clicking and you'll see some convenient looting options as well!
  • You can rename your chests by holding right-click on them.
New items:

Goldfish sub-machine gun (Uzi-like weapon with a goldfish for a body, a parody of the mini/mega-shark).

• Early to mid game weapon.
  • Incredibly high rate of fire (less damage than the Gratlingator).
  • Drops more money from killed targets (similar to gold bullets).
"Shark jaws" as a rare drop from sharks

• Used with bones and a chain to craft a grappling hook that automatically picks up items around you (works as a grappling hook as well. Another grappling hook may be used, at the expense of an inventory slot).
  • Used to craft an accessory that allows all grappling hooks to pick up items (it means you're less likely to miss out on drops, but takes up an accessory slot).
  • Used in crafting for an alt helmet for the necro armor.
  • Crafted with wood to make a shark-jaw trophy (wall decoration).
  • Used to upgrade the Piranha gun so it inflicts additional bleed (poison damage).
Potion "Antidote"

• Crafted using a bottle of water, waterleaf and a stinger.
  • Provides 3 minutes of poison immunity when used (makes the jungle easier, but you have to get the stingers in the first place).
Weapon "Simple wand"

• Wand crafted from wood with very low damage (first magic weapon in the game, so you can use magic from the very start).
  • Different tiers up to gold (less damage than the staves, which in turn are buffed, but require more to craft).
  • Crafted with about the same amount of material as a sword.
Item "Harpy claws"

• Used to craft a late game version of the Bladed glove.
Item "Piranha jaws"

• When crafted together with the Mega Shark and the piranha gun, creates a piranha gun that fires 3 piranhas instead of one (fires the piranhas one after another, so they can latch on to 3 separate targets; creates a late-game ranged weapon that doesn't rely on ammo).
Item "Name tag"

• Allows renaming items.
  • Renamed weapon PvP kills show up in the chat as such.
Accessory "Pine cone"

• Drops pine needles when player is hurt (something similar to a bunch of small spiky balls scattered around the player).
  • Rare drop from the frost moon event.
Slime ring

• Utterly useless.
  • Turns a stone block into a slime for 100 mana.
  • Has an incredibly small chance to drop from any sort of slime (higher chance to drop from the King Slime).
  • Can be bought from the wizard for 2 platinum after defeating the Golem.
Locked chest

• Crafted using any chest (sprite changes accordingly), by combining a key (the ones dungeon slimes drop), a chest, 3 pieces of chain and some iron/lead ingots.
  • Upon placing the chest, you receive the key back as well as are presented with a chest renaming dialogue. The chest name is applied to the key, so you know which key is for which chest.
  • Keys stack, adding their chest names in the collective tooltip (right click to unstack one-by-one, in case you need to deposit a certain key, for say, hiding treasure).
  • Only the person with the right key may open the respective chest. Keys can be given to others, or copied at the tinkerer's workshop by using a key and a gold/platinum ingot. Crafting consumes the initial key, but yields 2 identical new keys (mostly due to crafting implications).
New bosses:

Saltwater piranha

• Side-boss after defeating The Golem.
  • An EoC sized piranha (http://spelunky.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Bitey[1] as a general idea).
  • Summoned in the ocean.
  • Flees combat if the summoning player leaves the water for more than 10 seconds.
  • Drops "Piranha jaws".
  • Immune to the piranha gun.
  • Drops a fair chunk of different fishing bait.
  • Drops piranha scales (used to craft scaly wings).
Harpy boss

• Spawns harpies as backup, no longer does this when below 1/2 health.
  • Fires high-velocity poison feathers.
  • Swoops down on the player, picks them up and releases them in the air to inflict fall damage (initial grab does damage as well, as to not make horseshoe/wings overpowered).
  • Speed decreases with health until about 1/3 of the health is left, at which point it stops doing the swooping attack, increases movement speed drastically and changes sprite to "Enraged".
  • Drops large feather (no longer drops from normal harpies).
  • Drops harpy claws.
Truffle boss

• Golem-sized boss (side view, instead of front), with short and bulky limbs. Similar to the truffle NPC aesthetics-wise.
  • Summoned by breaking "Irradiated mycelium". Appears as a blue glowing blob with some roots, burried in the underground mushroom biome. Summoned similarly to plantera, but the mycelium appears after defeating her.
  • Allows the truffle NPC to spawn (new backstory to Truffles, as a surviving spore from the boss).
  • Has an AOE attack by blowing coulds of spores (sprite is similar to bomb explosion smoke, but blueish-green and slightly sparkly)
Misc. changes:

Leaf blower changed to ranged; updated sprite

Giant feather is used to upgrade flying items (wings, jetpack etc.) to a "Light" quality, which increases acceleration and flight duration.

• Harpy wings already come with the "Light" quality.
Map markers

• Right click anywhere on the map to place and name a marker, as well as choose its colour.
  • Click and hold left click on a marker to place it on your HUD (similar to seeing teammate names).
  • Click and hold right click to edit or delete the marker.
Chest changes

• Chest buttons (Deposit all and Quick Stack) moved below the chest inventory, instead of the side. One on each end, to prevent accidental entire-inventory deposits.
  • Framed buttons instead of just text (horizontally stretched inventory slot can be used as the background).
  • Remove "Rename" option from the chest menu.
  • Rename chests by holding down right click on them for 3 or more seconds.
  • Locking hotbar disables quickstacking from it.
  • Shift-click with a chest open moves the item to and from the chest, instead of moving it to the trash (same with shop inventories).
  • Holding shift while in a chest inventory changes the "Quick stack" and "Deposit all" buttons into "Quick loot" and "Loot All" respectively.
  • Add guide dialogue for the previously mentioned chest shortcuts.
Smart cursor options

• Click and hold the smart cursor option in the menu to access its options.
  • Toggle-able smart cursor prioritization in the options. If you start digging a certain material, it will dig that sort of material in the available range before it starts digging a new one. Releasing left-click resets this and it selects the new material when you start digging it. (Saves hassle for miners when trying to get every last piece of ore or prevents builders from accidentally destroying large parts of their builds with the top-tier tools).
  • Option for inverted auto-tool-selection. Game automatically chooses the right tool, unless you're holding the specified button.
  • Grid building option. Automatically moves in a straight line in the direction you started building. Resets upon releasing left-click.
Ruler indents

• Every 5th line is thicker, while all the others are made thinner (credit to some guy on the Terraria forums a year or so ago. My original idea was numbered indents, but this seems way better).
  • Wieldable. Left-clicking shows/hides the grid, right click changes the space of the indents (or adds/removes numbers).
New accessory combinations:

Frozen Paladin's shield (credit to /u/abcdrape for Paladin's shield idea, instead of the Ankh shield)

• Combines the Frozen Turtle Shell and the Paladin's shield
  • A percentage increase in defence. The more you have, the more you'll get. This might have to be applied to the Paladin's shield itself, seeing how little use it has in singleplayer.
Builder's tool bag

• Combines the Toolbelt, Paint sprayer, Extendo grip, Portable Cement Mixer and Brick layer plus 100 silk.
  • A combination of every building accessory in the game, to remove the hassle of switching all of your current accessories and back.
Chaos Mirror

• Teleports you to random locations as left click is held down. Operates as a normal magic mirror with the first click.
  • Crafted by combining the Rod of Discord with the Magic Mirror.
I'll add to this as I think of more things, but this is it for the time being. Hope to see what you think of these!

Cheers!

I sort of 2 long didn't read, but I read most of it and liked most of it!
You should probably add a Teleportation Potion or two to the Chaos Mirror recipe.

I sort of 2 long didn't read, but I read most of it and liked most of it!
You should probably add a Teleportation Potion or two to the Chaos Mirror recipe.

Thanks!

The thing about teleportation potions, though, is that they're so insignificant that adding them to a recipe would make it more tedious at no real difficulty increase. While it might call for a recipe alteration, to me, potions are sort of an alternative for items (e.g. the builder potion vs. the building accessories, damage modifying potions vs. reforged qualities and recall potion vs. magic mirror), with items being the more expensive, yet permanent counterpart. The devs seem to agree, seeing how there aren't really any item/accessory recipes involving potions.

That being said, perhaps the Chaos Fish could be used as a part of the recipe? It's a fairly rare fish, which is a crafting item and would make sense in the context, without the need and hassle of making the potion.

I like your creativity, I think there should be a cuthulu boss fight which is spawned by a suspicious looking tentacle which you need 30 slimy scales ( a new item drop by ocean mobs ) 1 suspicious looking eye 1 bloody spine and 15 souls of fright. Does that sound like a good idea yes or no?:):joy::joy:

I like your creativity, I think there should be a cuthulu boss fight which is spawned by a suspicious looking tentacle which you need 30 slimy scales ( a new item drop by ocean mobs ) 1 suspicious looking eye 1 bloody spine and 15 souls of fright. Does that sound like a good idea yes or no?:):joy::joy:
If your suggestion isn't specifically about the OP's suggestion or related to it please make your own thread. As it stands, suggestions for 'Cthulhu' are not allowed. Devs have heard this plenty of times and it just gets out of hand. Disembodied parts of Cthulhu (for example 'Hand of Cthulhu') are still allowed though.

Back
Top Bottom