Screen/Item is Flickering

Leux022

Terrarian
Whenever I have frame skip on or subtle the background flickers but if I turn it off then whatever item I am holding flickers.

I've been messing around with v-sync settings in the nvidia control panel but I'm not entirely sure what to do.

EDIT: I just discovered this is happening in League but only sometimes. Might be related might not.

Last edited:
Could you share with me your system specifications? To get this information do the following:
  • Press Windows+R.
  • Type "msinfo32" without the quotes and press enter.
  • Screenshot the window that comes up and upload it somewhere I can view it.
  • Press the "plus" button next to Components.
  • Click on "Display".
  • Screenshot this window as well and upload it somewhere I can view it.

If done correctly you should now have two screenshots that tell me everything I need to know about your system.

Could you share with me your system specifications? To get this information do the following:
  • Press Windows+R.
  • Type "msinfo32" without the quotes and press enter.
  • Screenshot the window that comes up and upload it somewhere I can view it.
  • Press the "plus" button next to Components.
  • Click on "Display".
  • Screenshot this window as well and upload it somewhere I can view it.

If done correctly you should now have two screenshots that tell me everything I need to know about your system.

http://prntscr.com/n3b2ik http://prntscr.com/n3b2ta

Okay so, with your system you should have frame skip set to off. So let's see if we can get your held item to not flicker. Let's start with doing a clean reinstall of your video drivers.

Before we do that we have to confirm whether your driver package is currently DCH or Standard. To find the type of system you have, locate Driver Type under the System Information menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Let me know if it says Standard or DCH.

Okay so, with your system you should have frame skip set to off. So let's see if we can get your held item to not flicker. Let's start with doing a clean reinstall of your video drivers.

Before we do that we have to confirm whether your driver package is currently DCH or Standard. To find the type of system you have, locate Driver Type under the System Information menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Let me know if it says Standard or DCH.
upload_2019-3-26_21-6-16.png

(included other stuff in case you needed it)

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-26_21-6-7.png
    upload_2019-3-26_21-6-7.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 133
Alright first uninstall your current drivers using the Control Panel. You screen will temporarily go black, ignore this. If you're not sure what to uninstall search "Nvidia" when in the part of the control panel used to uninstall a program.

STe7JRl.png

Secondly, download and install this driver package. When installing view each screen carefully before click next. You're looking for a checkbox that says "Clean Installation" or something like it.

After you have the clean drivers see if you still get that issue.

Alright first uninstall your current drivers using the Control Panel. You screen will temporarily go black, ignore this. If you're not sure what to uninstall search "Nvidia" when in the part of the control panel used to uninstall a program.

STe7JRl.png

Secondly, download and install this driver package. When installing view each screen carefully before click next. You're looking for a checkbox that says "Clean Installation" or something like it.

After you have the clean drivers see if you still get that issue.
So the item flashing on frame skip off is still happening but the background flashing isn't on on or subtle. The background flashing has gone away before but it has been a while and it's still okay so.

So how would you like to proceed? You want to just leave it on subtle for the time being or would you rather continue troubleshooting the item flicker?

Your league of legends issue, how does the flicker appear there?

I'll probably just leave it like this if the issue doesn't come back and it's late for me so I'll test league out tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom