Xbox One Screen size

Mayk_08

Terrarian
I was searching on the internet and I saw that it wasn't just a problem that I had, but lot of other people experience it too. The whole terraria screen doesn't fit on the TV. Will there be a patch so you can customize it? for example like in the Sims 4, when you load up there, they immediately give you the option to customize the size of the screen

I was searching on the internet and I saw that it wasn't just a problem that I had, but lot of other people experience it too. The whole terraria screen doesn't fit on the TV. Will there be a patch so you can customize it? for example like in the Sims 4, when you load up there, they immediately give you the option to customize the size of the screen
Hi @Mayk_08 for the Xbox One version the screen size needs to be adjusted using your tv settings. Here’s what the devs on console said back when 1.3 was released:

“By default Xbox One doesn’t support an option to change this within the system settings. People have had success adjusting the aspect ratio settings on their television sets. We would recommend modifying the aspect ratio of your TV to find a setting that works for you. On older televisions there may be an option called “Just Scan” that can be toggled to fix the issue as well.

Different models of TVs will call these settings by various names - "Picture size" and "Aspect Ratio" are common. The option value you want should be something like 'Just Scan'.”

Given that, I personally do think it’d be a great addition to have an adjustment available within the game, even if there’s no adjustment available within the console settings. DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. I’m not sure if adding an in-game setting is something they are looking to add or not.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

Hi @Mayk_08 for the Xbox One version the screen size needs to be adjusted using your tv settings. Here’s what the devs on console said back when 1.3 was released:

“By default Xbox One doesn’t support an option to change this within the system settings. People have had success adjusting the aspect ratio settings on their television sets. We would recommend modifying the aspect ratio of your TV to find a setting that works for you. On older televisions there may be an option called “Just Scan” that can be toggled to fix the issue as well.

Different models of TVs will call these settings by various names - "Picture size" and "Aspect Ratio" are common. The option value you want should be something like 'Just Scan'.”

Given that, I personally do think it’d be a great addition to have an adjustment available within the game, even if there’s no adjustment available within the console settings. DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. I’m not sure if adding an in-game setting is something they are looking to add or not.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio
We have a really old TV on which you can't zoom out, just in. But we can play all games just fine, so do I have to buy a new TV just because of Terraria?

Back
Top Bottom