Linux SDL2 is naughty...

Dragon4ik

Terrarian
What can I say... I have ubuntu 22.04 and Steam with terraria.

I must say right away that I am a Russian player and I need all the available layouts, but because of the problem with SDL2, I have to sacrifice one layout for a comfortable game.

Personally, I want that when playing, say, with another person, I can easily write something in a chat in Russian and continue playing. and in most cases, when playing, I have the Russian layout turned on.

and so... in Windows, when playing, I could easily move around the world of terraria with the Russian layout enabled and quickly write to the chat in my native language. But in linux, I can't just move around with the Russian layout enabled.

a small example. If I want to go to a terraria with an English layout, I go to the server with my friends and we start playing. And most of the time I write to the chat, because I don't always have the opportunity to speak in the same discord. And I open the chat, switch to the Russian layout and write what I'm doing. And having written what I wanted, I exit the chat, try to move and... nothing. And I have to switch back to the English layout in order to continue playing with some camfort...

I can just play and switch layouts during. Yes, I can. But imagine a tense situation. Do you think it will be comfortable to write to the chat at high speed?.. so there is also a micro-delay per second before changing the layout... please help me with this problem if possible...

Back
Top Bottom