Sean the Soldier [Expert, Hardcore, Gun only]

Vege

Official Terrarian
Sean the Soldier is a hardcore character in an expert world. The challenge for him is to complete the game (AKA kill every boss) without dying, and only using guns.

All intentional damage must be done with guns.
Guns are defined as all weapons that are affected by the shroomite mask's buff. This involves, among all bullet-using weapons,
  • The coin gun
  • The candy corn rifle
Terrain damage may not be used to intentionally damage enemies. This means traps, lava, sand, and such.

NPCs can be used as a source of damage (although highly inefficient), as you are not the one killing the enemy.

I start off, naked and afraid. Because terrarians don't start off with guns, I'm effectively unarmed. My only option is to avoid and block off enemies.
POVPOjE.png

Bradley, helpful as he is, saved me from a pesky blue slime who happened to be eating a recall potion. That may come in handy.

And the night sets. I have created a square shack for NPCs and I to live in. (RIP Bradley, by the way. He didn't last long.)
I have nothing. I love it.
kfiXDtg.png

Sure enough, an angry vulture just came dashing at me. The potion was of use after all.
y8rc04B.png

Sigh... another night spent hiding away. I really need to get myself a gun. However, to do so I need to either smash an orb, or be lucky in jungle shrines. I prefer shadow orbs. I just need bombs for that...
iEm1gdE.png

LOOPHOLE ALERT!

You know how the demo-man spawns when you have an explosive in your inventory? Bomb fish work! #LifeHacks

I also got myself a frog leg. Nice!

Wk7NbfD.png

This guy is a massive troll -_-

I went through all the fish getting enough bomb fish, and guess what he decides to do? Sell a revolver. I didn't even have enough money; I had to sell my mining helmet!

Ah well.

f1KkdVl.png

I am now ready for bosses. I've ventured into the jungle, I've spelunked into corrupt chasms, I've jumped boulder traps.
cT5yJk7.png

By the way, this ice hut generated with 4 anvils. Huh.

9IaZ1Bx.png

I feel fantastic. The goblins are no competition. (Spectre boots will be nice to have.)

me57GwA.png

Let's warm up a little ;)
Man vs Slime. This is almost picturesque.
rW4tYL1.png

Here's the real deal: Man vs Eye. (Yes, I'm using the easy method. This IS hardcore, so I can't afford to die.)
29AMh1A.png

Aye, eye down. :^)

J6oXHMl.png

I will now take on all the pre-hardmode bosses, since I'm now at that level.

Let's begin: Eater of Worlds (I luckily got ancient scale mail to help with this; meteor armor is fine but more defense is always good)
Lng4fkA.png

Next off: The queen of the bees. Sadly, none of her drops are useful to me in a gun-only run, but the witch doctor's leaf wings are vital unless I get frozen wings early on in hardmode.
1WvMaKC.png

And then: Skeletron. This fight, I felt, was the best skeletron fight I've had in a while. I guess that the greatly increased mobility helped with that.

e9IZ8bV.png

Instead of a trophy room, I'm showing off my kills with planter boxes. :^)
kmH6suZ.png

And here's my current gear, which is surprisingly powerful.
Fi5rlZA.png

I don't like ancient shadow armor; made regular shadow armor instead.
fHJuue8.png

Let us devote this time to prepare for the deadly Waffle. First, we'll delve into the dungeon for the essentials for the fight.
AUwvUWQ.png

After almost being overwhelmed by bones and dying, I'm here. And I've yet to find a handgun.
YQy01Fu.png

Here it is, the loot from our trip to the skeletons.
ppI2G3p.png

Next, we'll continue on... deeper than ever before. Enter the Hellevator.
6mxJHD3.png

HELL.
ct7a8kv.png

Upon scavenging the hellish landscape and diving into burning magma, I managed to gather together some materials for the future...
aErLYh9.png

I have the blaster.
3m45hu8.png

Now all we have to do is build a platform and wait... We only have one shot at this. It's victory or death.
qWq94Db.png

GjeAi7O.png

GP4jTky.png

KOxrBMN.png

vlWaVSf.png

OJCuQiy.png

Ed0pjd1.png

pdwUl0X.png

oRystQE.png

a1NKXj0.png

KpNQHoO.png

jtsG2Mz.png

Last edited:
What do you plan to do if the Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts don't drop a musket/Undertaker? I'm pretty sure the Arms Dealer won't spawn before you obtain these, so will you wait for the Traveling Merchant to sell a Revolver? Or does the Flare Gun count as a gun as well?

What do you plan to do if the Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts don't drop a musket/Undertaker? I'm pretty sure the Arms Dealer won't spawn before you obtain these, so will you wait for the Traveling Merchant to sell a Revolver? Or does the Flare Gun count as a gun as well?

The great thing about this is, that the first orb you break ALWAYS drops a musket! Otherwise, this run would be considerably harder; you'd have to wither fish for crates or get yourself a lot of bombs and recall potions (to run away from the Eater).

One of the Orbs isn't surrounded by Ebonstone? Or did the Traveling Merchant actually sell you a Revolver?

Nope, I got bombfish. A little anticlimactic, but easier than going down in caves in search of bombs & dynamite.

Well, as long as you progress anything is fine xD

I did expect something different though: "I don't need bombs! I just use a different type of bombs!" :D

I am now ready for bosses. I've ventured into the jungle, I've spelunked into corrupt chasms, I've jumped boulder traps.
cT5yJk7.png

By the way, this ice hut generated with 4 anvils. Huh.

9IaZ1Bx.png

I feel fantastic. The goblins are no competition. (Spectre boots will be nice to have.)

me57GwA.png

Let's warm up a little ;)
Man vs Slime. This is almost picturesque.
rW4tYL1.png

Here's the real deal: Man vs Eye. (Yes, I'm using the easy method. This IS hardcore, so I can't afford to die.)
29AMh1A.png

Aye, eye down. :^)

J6oXHMl.png

I will now take on all the pre-hardmode bosses, since I'm now at that level.

Let's begin: Eater of Worlds (I luckily got ancient scale mail to help with this; meteor armor is fine but more defense is always good)
Lng4fkA.png

Next off: The queen of the bees. Sadly, none of her drops are useful to me in a gun-only run, but the witch doctor's leaf wings are vital unless I get frozen wings early on in hardmode.
1WvMaKC.png

And then: Skeletron. This fight, I felt, was the best skeletron fight I've had in a while. I guess that the greatly increased mobility helped with that.

e9IZ8bV.png

Instead of a trophy room, I'm showing off my kills with planter boxes. :^)
kmH6suZ.png

And here's my current gear, which is surprisingly powerful.
Fi5rlZA.png

I don't like ancient shadow armor; made regular shadow armor instead.
fHJuue8.png

Back
Top Bottom