tModLoader Secret Mod : Status + Reveal

What do you want to see from this mod?

• More Town NPCs to populate the mythical cross realm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spellbook -A new GUI to allow the player to switch between spells with a custom item (Delay Release)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • A Lore Release

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Just get the Effing mod ready

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moonlight_Fae

Terrarian
Hello World! My name is Emily and this is my mod. I posted a while ago, asking for some assistance and things sort of got out of hand. I also promised this mod reveal like a week ago, so I am sorry. I am a little busy.

Background, though this is heavily inspired by FF, a lot of the Lore and stuff will coexist with a game that I am currently programming, with a similar realm title. More on that later though...

Anyway, here we go. Mod Reveal... Now

Rift.png

Welcome to Crystalline Rift! The goal of this mod is to enable the player to take on Terraria with a multitude of new classes! Though yes, the current planned classes are Mages, I have a few others to look into later.
In case you have yet to figure it out, this mod is heavily based around FF. This is just going to be a quick overview of the mod, as I have a link to a Google site [Yeah, not very official, I know] that will be updated as development continues.

So, what are the plans for this mod? Well, This is the release plan

Black and White will be released first, adding 2 New Town NPCs [Far Left and Far Right]
The player will decide to either take to the dark arts, and conquer the spells of the Elements (Fire, Ice, Thunder), or The path of the Divine Arts and master White Magic, which will allow the player new Holy options, such as light beams and Healing spells.
Quick note, I do realise that a class like this exists from Thorium, however, I looked through Thorium and made notes on what not to do. The spells are based on what you would find in the FF games and has no correlation between with the Healer class. However in the future I might see about doing something with the Radiant class with permission, but not yet.

Tanzanite and Jade will focus on Green Magic [Barrier Magic / Aura Magic still to be worked out] and Blue Magic [Monster Controlling, but more on that later]. This will be one that I will need a lot of help with, so anybody who is interested please let me know. As with the other, it will add the Blue Mage and Green Mage classes, NPCs, and Armor.

Bloodborn will add in the classes of Necromancer [Summoner Extension] and Blood Mage. This will be much later on, and focus on a new style of stuff. This may need some help as well, but it could make a very interesting set of Classes, as this will start the Dark Era of the Mod

Divinity will focus on adding in the classes of Conjurer [Summoner Extension] and Light Mage [Not a white mage]. This will again be later on, and focus on similar route to Bloodborn. Again, more help will get this released faster!

Now this is a lot to throw at you at once, I get it, don't worry. As I mentioned, I have made a small google site that will be updated with progress. In the next few days I'll have a public discord where people will be able to ask me [Or my mods] about the development of this mod. Secrecy got me in trouble the first time, and darn if it will again. So here it is. Please check the Site as that will have just basic items about Black and White at the moment, sample images will also be added + a video Let's Dev series will also be placed there within the rest of the development. Right now however, Black is almost completed and ready for a test run [Lets Dev : Black].

And for those who want proof, please look at the site before jumping to conclusions. Right now there isn't much [Just Black], but please. Thank you!

<3 Emily

[P.S, There is an amazingly talented Artist making a Banner. Yes, I realise that the site is not complete, but I am done dealing with crap, so it will be updated soon]

Crystalline Rift

Join the CrystallineRift Discord Server!

All Town NPCs by @Sora_92

I am still looking for a little bit of help with sprites and some code, just for it is a lot to take on. Let me know if anyone would be interested in assisting.

Looks pretty good in presentation, better than mine lol, just try not deflect criticism this time alright? Because your going to get a handful now that you got something to show for it; this is an early warning.
Also, the TMOD team has your back, they check everything uploaded to the browser so there won't be any plagiarism or stolen work this time around, so do be aware.

"Radiant class with permission"
You don't need permission, you only need to know the inner workings of a mod to do that. Thou Thorium is closed source and he doesn't give the source code to just anyone. Your mod reaches these goals you shouldn't have a problem here though.

Looks pretty good in presentation, better than mine lol, just try not deflect criticism this time alright? Because your going to get a handful now that you got something to show for it; this is an early warning.
Also, the TMOD team has your back, they check everything uploaded to the browser so there won't be any plagiarism or stolen work this time around, so do be aware.

"Radiant class with permission"
You don't need permission, you only need to know the inner workings of a mod to do that. Thou Thorium is closed source and he doesn't give the source code to just anyone. Your mod reaches these goals you shouldn't have a problem here though.

Yeah, sorry about not getting back sooner, because life. It is good to know that TModloader Team is checking the browser, which is nice. As for deflecting criticism, yeah. That didn't go to well.

Now, I guess I'll use this comment as an update as well,
Development is slow on this mod, but as I take it bit by bit this will be made. To provide information, right now I am working on Accessories for the Black Mage class, and a few other things.

What I would also like to state is that everything on the site that is marked as a Resprite will EVENTUALLY be taken care of, hopefully before the release of this mod. But till then, they'll remain there.

Thank you for following the Development to all the people who see this page. Feel free to ask any questions and respond to the poll.
Danke
<3
-Emily

Some tips or whatever you want to call it.

Always listen to criticism unless it's obsolete. Class's are hard to make and balance with vanilla, meaning feedback is your only source of making it work.
You also don't need permission to make a class like the Radiant Class, as any mod can really make the class. But in order for people not to hate you, add more to it than just what the radiant class has, make it unique and fun to use.

For Blood Mage, a couple mods already have pulled that off in a number of ways. Necromancy mod has the Necrotic Class which is just a more complex name for Blood Mage, but in that class it goes over the Vanilla class but Necrotic (Necrotic Melee, Necrotic magic, Necrotic Ranged, etc). Apachii's Classes adds Blood Mage also, just draining your blood to use a weapon, similar to magic. I'm curious to see how you would pull that off, as other mods like Necromancy are seeking other mod support (if im not mistaken).

Anyways, good luck!

Some tips or whatever you want to call it.

Always listen to criticism unless it's obsolete. Class's are hard to make and balance with vanilla, meaning feedback is your only source of making it work.
You also don't need permission to make a class like the Radiant Class, as any mod can really make the class. But in order for people not to hate you, add more to it than just what the radiant class has, make it unique and fun to use.

For Blood Mage, a couple mods already have pulled that off in a number of ways. Necromancy mod has the Necrotic Class which is just a more complex name for Blood Mage, but in that class it goes over the Vanilla class but Necrotic (Necrotic Melee, Necrotic magic, Necrotic Ranged, etc). Apachii's Classes adds Blood Mage also, just draining your blood to use a weapon, similar to magic. I'm curious to see how you would pull that off, as other mods like Necromancy are seeking other mod support (if im not mistaken).

Anyways, good luck!

Yeah, balancing will be an issue. I have been aware of that since taking on such a... massive task. Currently my only design for the classes is the Game I am developing [More on that later], so comparing it to Terraria is difficult. Feedback will definitely be appreciated, but what I cannot stress enough, is feedback like [And this is real from earlier]
"All I see are a bunch of Sh**ty sprites" (Insulting the Spriters)
"There is no way this mod will get off the ground".

As for the blood mage, I have an idea, but that is not for quite some time.
If you want to compare my White Mage class with Thorium's classes, Then you can think of it like this. Healer spells to affect you and your companions, and a little bit of Bard Style buff spells. Then of course there is a range of holy spells [Beams and Stars] to attack your opponents with.
Maybe be able to mix classes with thorium *Wink Wink*?

Side note, I am also attempting to reach out to an old Terraria Forums member, alas due to their inactivity on pretty much everything, I can't seem to get hold of them. If anybody knows a way to reach @Omnir either message me or get them to message me. Danke.

Any other questions from the community?

Back
Top Bottom