Other Art See Yourself in Minecraft: Pixel Art of Your Characters and Other Terrarian Entities!

Daikonradish

Steampunker
Greetings, everybody! After a long amount of time and doubts, it's high time I finally posted a thread about this stuff I make and here it is!
kdcROYP.png

ar_zpshlouhvfe.png

Introduction/Background
I started making pixel art of Terraria characters, both mine and others, using MC blocks in Garry's Mod sometime around late 2014 or so. Whew, times have changed since then! Starting just before February of this year, I went around and gathered candidates for these pieces (they go by so many names). That time, I got busy and took it upon myself releasing a few pieces here and there. Since then, I got stuck regarding which Player is next in line serving as a White Wool Wonder (because white wool is my block of choice as I engage in this activity).

Originally, I called this project "Player a Day, Once a Week" since I made a work per day (usually on the weekends) on a weekly basis.

divider.png

Hiatus
Eventually, I was able to regain my sense of direction... And end up in another hiatus then. In this case, I experimented with my works whether they involve something other than someone's character or a substitution for white wool, mayhaps two Players alongside each other (appropriately dubbed "Pair Players").

I just wanna let it out to you guys that this post would mark the day I would leave that next big hiatus and get stuff done; ensuring that I would be on track as I get to work. Sit back, bring your beverage of choice and let the good times roll as I keep 'em coming! Thank you all for teaching me that the world is my canvas and I'm going to put it to good use.

"When I help others, I help myself."

kdcROYP.png

Pieces for Specific Users
There comes a time when I choose to make some pieces for a user and this is where I keep them for convenience. Variations on a piece denote themselves with an indented bullet point.

• Ms. Helena Vala
    I_zpsahkug7uz.png
    • Helena with Boris (both of which seen prior to 1.3)
      toggle.png
  • Acelynn
    2016-02-06_00001_zpshoxcak5l.jpg
  • Mr. Quar and Steef
    20160627180636_1_zpspiine07w.jpg
  • Hydrate
    Hydrate.png
  • Celeste
    Celeste.png
  • 20160810213119_1_zps8kdomo37.jpg
    • 20160810223954_1_zpsfquq58ft.jpg
  • cerise.png
  • jasmine.png
  • Oh look! A CC entry! (Entry for CC#47, collab between me and Duna, technically)
    1002.png
  • Sona
    penchant.png
  • Akayim
    purple.png
  • Nora Wilbark's Head
    Noras_Head.png

kdcROYP.png

Pieces by the Month
Here's everyone else... I'll move them to the section prior if they recieve multiple pieces.
  • 2016-02-14_00002_zpsjihsuyzz.jpg
  • 2016-02-17_00001_zpsnjtfraki.jpg
  • 20160326164206_1_zps5fhdp4jj.jpg
  • 20160326194157_1_zpsujqasvvb.jpg
  • 20160327192619_1_zpsiiojdnrf.jpg
  • 20160401224908_1_zps2mvqgq6o.jpg
  • 20160401214123_1_zpswxg7qnpd.jpg
  • 20160409173904_1_zpsc9z28hfd.jpg
20160508165737_1_zpss2twf4rg.jpg
  • Superstar.png
  • Something_done.png
    • True_radish_ensemble.png
  • ont.png
  • tonka.png
  • finishrequest.png
    • huehue.png
  • chrybday.png
  • current.png
  • sunflower.png
  • Silvyne.png

• ark-e.png
  • mysteryqueen.png
  • jumpdontbump.png
  • floaty.png

kdcROYP.png

Requests and Such
So...
  • Please provide a capture (or any PNG image for that matter) of your requested character. Make things easier for both me and you regarding faithfulness regarding the source material (not just the stuff you see in gMod :D).
    • Any images of your characters from the Console and Mobile versions of Terraria are exempt from this expectation, so don't fret. I mainly handle PC characters, so I let that out for them.
  • Not all pieces will be made using the same blocks; keep in mind that I will experiment every once in a while.
  • I may merge requests by way of Pair Players. I do so because I feel that it would be nice seeing certain characters together. They might not get the chance whether they come from the same version of the game or not!
  • Considering that I expect delivering you guys and gals your pieces, I may not approach everybody's requests in an orderly fashion.. In that case, refer to the last point.
    • Also, if it takes a while for me approaching your request, that's because I find some days better working with certain characters, just so you know.
Once again, thank you guys and have a good day/night! `:happy:

Last edited:
These are all really great diekon. You have a knack for making these - they're all so proporational and spot on, and I don't know how you get the hair to be so accurate. Really really nice.
As simple as they look to be, I take my time to ensure that the placement of blocks is accurate and so are the colors they take. Overall, I have quite a lot of fun making these arts for you guys; from the processes to satisfaction, it'll motivate me to keep going. `:happy:

I got something done!
Something_done.png

I felt as if I owed a few users one (these arts). @Ufeia is one of them. I felt bad I didn't thank him [properly] for that gem lock teleporter tutorial (which I'm sure will come in handy for some people).

September is the month where I get stuff done! `:happy:

I got something done!
Something_done.png

I felt as if I owed a few users one (these arts). @Ufeia is one of them. I felt bad I didn't thank him [properly] for that gem lock teleporter tutorial (which I'm sure will come in handy for some people).

September is the month where I get stuff done! `:happy:
Nice :p now when will you have EVERY FRAME OF MY PROFILE PIC DONE?!?!!1 Lol jk XD you don't need to do it. I don't expect you to because of how insanely screwed up my profile pic is XD

ont.png

Whoo wee, my CC entry did a toll on me. Anyways, treat yourself to @Granger's GreenTea and @XenoCat's summoner character. I like it when I make pieces like these and it only takes me at least a half-hour's worth of work.

No matter how I look at them, making these pieces in general is fun!! `:happy:

It's been quite a while, going around making weapons and stuff. So, the thing is, I came across this gnarly retrowave based map that'd be perfect for pixel art and I gave it a go! Here we are, people!
sayonara.png

Credits
Player: @MClark
Star Wrath variant: @ThatOneKrazyChick
Do keep in mind that I used null blocks for this piece because I think it'd suit the environment well and how it somehow emphasizes the blues despite the original Player's palette containing various shades of blue green. Otherwise, I may have the azure touch.
index.php

Last edited:
It's been quite a while, going around making weapons and stuff. So, the thing is, I came across this gnarly retrowave based map that'd be perfect for pixel art and I gave it a go! Here we are, people!
sayonara.png

Credits
Player: @MClark
Star Wrath variant: @ThatOneKrazyChick
Do keep in mind that I used null blocks for this piece because I think it'd suit the environment well and how it somehow emphasizes the blues despite the original Player's palette containing various shades of blue green. Otherwise, I may have the azure touch.
index.php

EDIT: This year's pixel arts (unless I make a Player for a specific user) will reside in this post now! I sure know it's gonna be happy!
  • destined.png
  • sayonara.png
Coming soon!
Hey, that's really cool!! Thanks for that!

Hey, that's really cool!! Thanks for that!
Believe me, I've longed for a time when I got a chance to have a Player wield your super cool Star Wrath variant. I'm very glad you liked it! `:happy:

EDIT: This year's pixel arts (unless I make a Player for a specific user) will reside in this post now! I sure know it's gonna be happy!
  • destined.png
  • sayonara.png
  • heatofthenight.png
  • bests.png
  • Get_Along.png
  • ballade.png
  • art4peeps.png
  • potatopan.png
  • Gremolata.png
    • Liberty.png
  • tweedledee.png
  • Swiss_Chard.png
  • Newy_Clay_1.png
  • Maury.png
  • Daily.png
  • Bleu.png
  • Satisfaction.png

Last edited:
Hey I was wondering if you could do my character?
I sincerely, humbly apologize for the numerous delays brought upon these requests. Something's been itching me to handle these requests, so I've addressed them for once! Oh, this was quite fun. Once more, I'd like to thank anyone and everyone requesting, observing, criticizing, and making these pieces possible.
Satisfaction.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom