Game Mechanics Selective looting

Owen Healy

Terrarian
I'm sure we have all been in a situation where you're exploring underground and you constantly have to clear your inventory of unwanted items so you can continue exploring. Here's my solution, so in the settings there would be a search bar where you could type in the name of a specific item and simply activate it. Now you won't pick this item up as long as it's activated. And below the selective looting search bar it would show all items activated so it makes disabling an item easy as well. I think this feature is much needed considering the amount of exploring done in Terraria. Let me know what you think below.

Sounds a little confusing to manage. In my opinion. Not only do you have to keep your inventory in mind. But also a blacklist for if you want to pick it up again.

There's a mod that does just this, and I would love to see it implemented into the game, it would greatly help with inventory management.

A specific item blacklist would be a complex but welcome thing to add. Ideally it would be in the form of an inventory item you use to change the settings, or an accessory you equip. That way it's handled in-game, like watches, rulers, and the flying pig, and you can choose to carry/equip it when you have a goal in mind, or not if you'd prefer to keep the slot.
I'd like just a blocks toggle up in the list of wire toggles in the top left. On = pick up blocks, Off = leave blocks. Mebbe a separate one for ores. That's probably the most annoying thing to fill your inventory when you don't want it.

Back
Top Bottom