Semi-automatic tree farm

bogdan_dm

Terrarian
0.png
How it's work: It's use lava to chop down trees, lava sensor to toggle dirt into inactive state, 1s timer with auto shut off to toggle it back. Dart trap with teal pressure pads uses because of too much lava will pour with 1s timer. Of course you have to replant all trees after harvesting.
3.png
Full-size images:
1.png
2.png
P.S. Sorry for my English)

Nice! I wanted to build something like this. Haven't experimented much with the whole lava chopping trees part. Looks fun.

Wait, is it not possible to just actuate the dirt with trees on top? Shouldn't that be enough to cut the trees?

EDIT: Apparently that's not possible. So, good job coming up with a working solution.

is it not possible to just actuate the dirt with trees on top?
Nope, tree stumps lock the blocks they are on, as chests do.

I was wondering about making an elastic band AFK tree farm, by rolling back and forth in a minecart with acorns in the hot bar, continually trying to place saplings... Might actually work if you pick back up enough of them with the wood.

Nice diagram @bogdan_dm, with the zoomed in parts. Good effort.:happy: So does it immediately actuate an entire tree terrace once the first drop of lava reached the end, so dropping the rest down below? You have to collect it together beneath? (Hope it doesn't dupe too much...)

Hmm.. lava can destroy loot if not fully dried out before actuating the blocks under, be carefull about that /

So does it immediately actuate an entire tree terrace once the first drop of lava reached the end, so dropping the rest down below? You have to collect it together beneath? (Hope it doesn't dupe too much...)
It actuates whole terrace when the all lava will pump out from the right tank. It uses transistor to activate yellow wire when lava sensor turn off. And I use 5s timer to not allow sensor turn off too soon. So no wood will burn out but in total it takes about 1 minute before you collect all items.

Back
Top Bottom