Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
We played a lot since the latest update (up to 5 players) and wondered why sometimes our sentries disappear unpredictable. Yesterday a friend and me figured out that if for example we both bring up our 6 lunar portals and then i change from my sentry armor set to my miners armor set (which can only have 2 sentries), 4 of my friend's sentries disappear too.

Did the sentries disappear only for you? Or did they disappear for your friend as well?

This is an important distinction to make. If YOU changed loadouts, and your friend's sentries disappeared but only on your end, this is a client-side issue only for you, and not actually impacting the game.

If you changed loadouts, and your friend actually lost the sentries, it means the change is being communicated through the server and then back to your friend again, indicating a bigger issue.

Either way, knowing which one it was will help us track down the right solution. :)

I'm on Windows 10, and both clients (referred to as C1 and C2) and the server were hosted on my computer.
1) Both clients summon two Lunar Portals.
2) C2 switches to a new loadout with fewer sentry slots. Two of the four Lunar Portals vanish on both clients. This is already an issue, since going from full Stardust armor to nothing should only remove 1 sentry slot.
3) C1 is able to summon a new sentry without killing an old one, which means that they lost a sentry when C2 switched loadouts.
Apologies for the video quality, PowerPoint was the best option I had easy access to.

Back
Top Bottom