Seriously?

God :red:ing dammit, are you :red:ing kidding me? What the :red: is the point of medium core if there exists numerous ways that players can just be :red:ed out of whatever they were carrying permanently? Jesus, my options for difficulty are :red:ing animal crossing or roguelike permadeath?
I despise mediumcore and I see no reason to ever use it. If you can't get your stuff back and/or don't arbitrarily make loads of extra gear you are going to reach a point where you have nothing and no way to fix that. You're dead and you don't want to accept it, your game is over.

I'll never play Medmiumcore. Hardcore is okay though. If you want to play with risks, then do that. At least if you die you know you're dead and that's just how it is.

Personally I never play anything other than standard death mode where you just drop money. If I was going to do anything else, it would be hardcore. Mediumcore, again, is hot garbage and I don't recommend anyone with an ounce of sanity play that way (but if you feel differently then more power to you).

My two copper.

Don’t complain. Mediumcore is optional, not mandatory. If you want to suffer through mediumcore, go ahead. If you don’t, then don’t. It’s like complaining that one level in Super Mario Sunshine is way too hard. It’s ONE level. Suck it up, and suffer through
Not sure what level you are referring to but this is a bad analogy, since Mediumcore is 100% optional and offers no benefits other than a personal challenge, where as to 100% that game I am sure you need to complete that level, whichever it is.

Minecraft has this as default
Minecraft Terraria

That said, I hate this about minecraft too. It's one of the reasons I rarely play the game. But dangers are more contained, you are not constantly struggling to survive like in Terraria nor are you grinding enemies for loot directly. They are a hazard, and one you can usually avoid.

I think that's the point of playing harder difficulties, you're supposed to not die
I mean hardcore has its place, mediumcore really doesn't. If OP means that, then I agree even if I disagree with his blind rage for choosing this feature and then getting frustrated about it.

If OP wants something different, like a mode that makes you drop more varieties of items without dropping everything, I'd be interested in seeing it. TBH I could see something like that, say drop all your consumables and ammo but none of your weapons or tools or armor. It isn't something I'd use, but I can see someone wanting more risk without just screwing your game over when you die.

I despise mediumcore and I see no reason to ever use it. If you can't get your stuff back and/or don't arbitrarily make loads of extra gear you are going to reach a point where you have nothing and no way to fix that. You're dead and you don't want to accept it, your game is over.

I'll never play Medmiumcore. Hardcore is okay though. If you want to play with risks, then do that. At least if you die you know you're dead and that's just how it is.

Personally I never play anything other than standard death mode where you just drop money. If I was going to do anything else, it would be hardcore. Mediumcore, again, is hot garbage and I don't recommend anyone with an ounce of sanity play that way (but if you feel differently then more power to you).

My two copper.
Not sure what level you are referring to but this is a bad analogy, since Mediumcore is 100% optional and offers no benefits other than a personal challenge, where as to 100% that game I am sure you need to complete that level, whichever it is.
Minecraft Terraria

That said, I hate this about minecraft too. It's one of the reasons I rarely play the game. But dangers are more contained, you are not constantly struggling to survive like in Terraria nor are you grinding enemies for loot directly. They are a hazard, and one you can usually avoid.
I mean hardcore has its place, mediumcore really doesn't. If OP means that, then I agree even if I disagree with his blind rage for choosing this feature and then getting frustrated about it.

If OP wants something different, like a mode that makes you drop more varieties of items without dropping everything, I'd be interested in seeing it. TBH I could see something like that, say drop all your consumables and ammo but none of your weapons or tools or armor. It isn't something I'd use, but I can see someone wanting more risk without just screwing your game over when you die.
Hi there @Bowser, just a tip for going forward. If you’d like to quote more than one member at once, use the +Quote button on the right.
1605273869819.png

Add as many quotes as you want, then in the reply box, use the “Insert quotes... button.
1605273935214.png

I’ve merged your four posts into one, as we discourage double/triple/quadruple posting. :)

God :red:ing dammit, are you :red:ing kidding me? What the :red: is the point of medium core if there exists numerous ways that players can just be :red:ed out of whatever they were carrying permanently? Jesus, my options for difficulty are :red:ing animal crossing or roguelike permadeath?
Seems like you haven't played Minecraft before

Back
Top Bottom