tModLoader Server Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to let the browser show the country where the server stands? For example to check if there are german servers online (this question came from my 10 year old son who doesn't speak english very well and he wants to play with people who he can understand ;) )

Is it possible to let the browser show the country where the server stands? For example to check if there are german servers online (this question came from my 10 year old son who doesn't speak english very well and he wants to play with people who he can understand ;) )
Hmm. I'll have to look into finding region by IP.

Alternatively, I could simply report from the server what localization setting they use, and depict it in the mod browser as a flag icon or something.

Yea, I've updated it, and now server browser is like "Wah I need the older one". It still works if I click the ! but it does have the ! there

I think google is giving up on keeping the script services available, forcing me to either find a new host (I don't know where to look offhand), pay money I don't have to upgrade my google services, or keep the current nigh-non-functional script running. I could probably afford to upgrade the google services with some patreon help or something.

upload_2018-6-10_18-50-34.png

IDK why it doesn't seems to work for me ....?

Google's hosting might have finally decided to cut out. I'm looking into new hosting options. Without any patreon support, I can't afford to pay for their yearly cloud service.

Hi, I tried to join a server and then i joined a server il be fovered at connection server. I can't try even a server! I tried others servers and won't work!
I tried. . .,I tried. . .,I tried . . .,And nothing happened possible i could be fovered and at loading mods and it send a msg, not big, it looks like we are chatting but not. You have any solution to solve this?

Hi, I tried to join a server and then i joined a server il be fovered at connection server. I can't try even a server! I tried others servers and won't work!
I tried. . .,I tried. . .,I tried . . .,And nothing happened possible i could be fovered and at loading mods and it send a msg, not big, it looks like we are chatting but not. You have any solution to solve this?
A lot of servers won't work for general connecting. My guess is their routers or firewalls do not like UPNP (AKA Terraria's port forwarding setting).

There's not a lot I can do about that, presently.

Note: Requires Hamstar's Helpers

After over a month of tedious net coding work, I've finally got this ready for basic use. Note that not all servers listed are joinable; they may be passworded, not properly port forwarded, or have other network issues or improper settings preventing freely joining.

Note for server owners: You can use the console command hhprivateserver to remove your server from the browser list, if you wish (read: Server is not broadcast at all). Don't worry, you'll be informed of this command in-game, with a bit of time to invoke it.

If you're hosting without port forwarding, you'll need to adjust the IsServerHiddenFromBrowserUnlessPortForwardedViaUPNP setting (and also probably specify the port you're using via. ServerBrowserCustomPort) accordingly.

Update: If you're getting the following error (or something close to it) after joining a server and leaving:
Code:
Hash mismatch, data blob has been modified or corrupted
    at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
    at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.FindMods()
This means tModLoader is looking for a .tmod file that hasn't finished downloading, and refuses to load the mod list. You'll have to manually delete the offending .tmod file (usually a file 0 kb in size or something), which you can find in your "Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods/" folder.

Mod source code available. Backend source code available.

Installation

Requires tModLoader (0.10+). Copy the above .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.

ServerBrowser.png

I keep getting a screen saying server busy try again later when I try to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom