Mac Server Join help

J-King

Official Terrarian
So I set up a server using the TerrariaServer file, selected world, max players, port forward, pass, and set it up, I got it running by using 127.0.0.1 on my own Mac, then used ipify.org to get my IP address, sent it to my friend and all it said on his end, after he correctly imputed my ip, was connecting to ##.##.##.## for at least 3 minutes before we just cancelled it, we tried over and over but with no luck, we both have terraria 1.3.5.3 and an iMac running osSeirra, plz help we tried servers on both ends but same “connecting to ##.##.##.##” message. any help to be able to connect to one of our servers is appreciated.

So I set up a server using the TerrariaServer file, selected world, max players, port forward, pass, and set it up, I got it running by using 127.0.0.1 on my own Mac, then used ipify.org to get my IP address, sent it to my friend and all it said on his end, after he correctly imputed my ip, was connecting to ##.##.##.## for at least 3 minutes before we just cancelled it, we tried over and over but with no luck, we both have terraria 1.3.5.3 and an iMac running osSeirra, plz help we tried servers on both ends but same “connecting to ##.##.##.##” message. any help to be able to connect to one of our servers is appreciated.

You are most likely not fully port forwarded, you can use the portforward website to find your router to assist you in getting your pc open for hosting game servers.

You are most likely not fully port forwarded, you can use the portforward website to find your router to assist you in getting your pc open for hosting game servers.
so despite saying yes to port forwarding in the terrariaserver terminal app thing I still have to do that?

so despite saying yes to port forwarding in the terrariaserver terminal app thing I still have to do that?

It is possible your LAN IP is being used by another device, which is like saying "Putting two houses on a single lot" with the same address. won't work. Try changing the reserved IP and make sure your firewalls are off.

It is possible your LAN IP is being used by another device, which is like saying "Putting two houses on a single lot" with the same address. won't work. Try changing the reserved IP and make sure your firewalls are off.
K thanks a lot. Update: how would I change the reserved IP?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom