tModLoader Server Sided Characters

Already mostly done. Just in final testing phases of the current modData system, which is going bit slow because I get bored testing it. But now I have people to test it with, so that'll show if there are any bugs to iron out.
I still need to do it for Legacy Data since some mods still seem to use it. *glares at them*

Unfortunately I already found one that I cannot fix on my side.
@thegamemaster1234, ItemCustomizer gives me this error and completely breaks my modData syncing between client and server. Even in Single Player when SSC is enabled for it.
Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ItemCustomizer.UIPlayer.Save()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.SaveModData(Player player)
I suspect it does that since there is no data to save. Should at least return new TagCompound(); if there is no data.

Unfortunately I already found one that I cannot fix on my side.
@thegamemaster1234, ItemCustomizer gives me this error and completely breaks my modData syncing between client and server. Even in Single Player when SSC is enabled for it.
Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ItemCustomizer.UIPlayer.Save()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.SaveModData(Player player)
I suspect it does that since there is no data to save. Should at least return new TagCompound(); if there is no data.
just trycatch it... :s

Yea, it is. But this is a problem with PlayerIO erroring out, not my mod. SaveModData does every mod for the player, it's not a per mod thing. The moment that gets an error, the rest of the mods fail to save.

Is it intended to reset the inventory when you enable the mod? Because it seems like it. I had several things in my inventory before using this mod, and then, when I joined, I have starter stuff only. Doesn't change when disabling the mod. Luckily I tested this before the other players would use it aswell.

Edit:
"ClearNewPlayers": true
Seems like I missed this.

Last edited:
How about local synchs (playtime, inventories..)?

There is incompatibility with Terraria Overhaul's character-locations saving.

Hi, I'm using leveled mod and when I enter the game the life bar disappears, could you fix this bug? In addition the game closes ....

Fishing quests are already world specific, unless you mean the quest completion counter instead. Though, I think they are both character and world specific too.

It's been a long time since I've done any fishing in game.

Oh yeah, wrong wording, meant quest completion counter. Anyway have been fishing for awhile and cant seem to get fuzzy carrot, which is the 5th quest reward

Back
Top Bottom