Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have these settings in my "serverconfig" file

autocreate=1
worldname=A Server
difficulty=0
worldpath=/opt/terraria/world/
world=/opt/terraria/world/world1.wld

Yet when I start the server it prompts me to choose the settings instead of taking what I have in the config file.
Same thing for choosing world. If I have these settings at the same time as having a world set, it will ask me to choose between the world in the "world" setting or creating a new one.
In addition to that; instead of creating a new world, or asking me if I want to create a new world, if it cannot find the world in "world" setting, the server just stops.

For the heck of it I tried this with seeds (for the worthy and such) and same thing. If I add the setting
seed=for the worthy

It just goes through the whole new world creation manually and then I end up with a new world with "1.1.1.for the worthy" seed.

I'm stumped on what to do if this a bad configuration on my part, I've just been creating the worlds locally and then sending them to the server.... but it would be nice if I could create worlds directly on the server while I do something else!

I was wondering if that was just me being silly, but apparently not. It acts like there's no config at all for me, (using the linux dedicated server). I have to choose the world, the port, everything anew. Used to work pre-update. Really annoying for dedicated servers.

I have the same problem, that reading of the serverconfig.txt file is not working correctly, such as not using the worldpath setting, not using the password setting always and not using the specified maxplayers setting when no world setting is set.
I'm using 1.4.0.5, but the maxplayer issue also happened beforeI updated to 1.4.0.5.

Back
Top Bottom