Mobile "Setting hardmode" hangs

Neilk

Terrarian
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone here can assist with a Mobile world that won't convert to hardmode. I've spent around 190 hours on this world so would really prefer not to give up on it. After killing Wall of Flesh the game starts the "Setting Hardmode" process but gets stuck and never completes, it varies between 92% and 96% typically but once reached 99%.

I've included a list of the things i've tried to so far to resolve the issue and would appreciate any input/guidance from the community/Administrator's on what else I could do:

• Logged a ticket with 505games support. Advised to log a bug but otherwise unable to help. Going to log a bug request
  • Retried killing Wall of Flesh between 20 and 30 times to see if the random number generator doesn't want to make it hit 100% (It doesn't)
    • This involves spawning and killing Wall of Flesh from various sides of the map, at different times of day and killing at different positions. Not sure if this has any impact on how hardmode generates.
  • Tried uninstalling/reinstalling Terraria and deleting all files from Android system (Backed up world + player + achievements + map and restored them)
    • It probably goes without saying that i've tried restarting my device and closing all other applications
  • Tried killing Wall of Flesh with a newly created character
  • Tried removing the .map file in case of corruption or such
  • Tried removing achievements file in case of corruption or such
  • I've left the process to run overnight twice and for a few hours at other times. Most attempts have been left longer than 5 minutes
    • Once on the "Setting hardmode" 'save screen' when you exit while it's converting and another with my character just logged normally in to the world
  • Generated a new Small World and successfully converted it to hardmode very quickly
  • Installed Bluestacks and transferred world to the emulator. Killed Wall of Flesh. Tried twice. Still didn't complete.
  • Blown large parts of the V that gets generated apart with dynamite to see if the specific terrain configuration is causing issues. To be fair the V is very big and it would take a long time to properly terraform things so I only did a little bit but it made no difference
  • "Save and Exit"'d the game instantly after killing Wall of Flesh to close the UI/renderer and leave it running on the "Setting hardmode" save screen
  • Killed Wall of Flesh multiple times in the same session
  • Change various game settings (FPS limit, backgrounds, performance settings such as gore, etc)
  • Removed the world as a favourite as per a recommendation on this forum or Reddit (can't remember where)

After I kill Wall of Flesh hardmode enemies start spawning but I never receive the message "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released" nor does the hardmode achievement register. Every time I need to close the app and the world reverts to the pre-Wall of Flesh state.

Device: Huawei P20 Lite (ANE-LX1, 4GB RAM, Kirin 659 CPU, Android 9, EMUI 9.1.0)
Terraria version 1.3.0.7.9 Build 390
Small World. Crimson, not corruption.

Copy of the world is available here: Neil wld.zip

I'm completely out of ideas at this point and need to start doing stupid things like filling up huge portions of the world. I've explored every part of the map that you can in pre-hardmode and have put around 15000 torches down (according to TEdit) so I think it's failing due to the world having been explored so thoroughly, the wiki makes mention of hardmode getting stuck at 80% if too much has been excavated. I'd argue I haven't excavated THAT much of the world, just explored it all and illuminated it. That's largely the reason I don't want to start a new world as i'm heavily invested in this one.

If anyone has any idea exactly what the process is doing around the 92% mark that would help to narrow down the things I need to do to fix this (E.g. Is it hardmode mossification? Settling liquids? Looking for a stone block at the surface level to convert to hallow? Etc)

I'd be happy to receive any guidance/suggestions on what I can do to get this to trigger into hardmode. I'm really hoping there's an admin or dev here that can quickly run it through a tool and see where it's getting stuck or use an external app/tool to convert the world.

Happy to supply any information that is missing here.

Thanks for your assistance!

Regards,

Neil K

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone here can assist with a Mobile world that won't convert to hardmode. I've spent around 190 hours on this world so would really prefer not to give up on it. After killing Wall of Flesh the game starts the "Setting Hardmode" process but gets stuck and never completes, it varies between 92% and 96% typically but once reached 99%.

I've included a list of the things i've tried to so far to resolve the issue and would appreciate any input/guidance from the community/Administrator's on what else I could do:

• Logged a ticket with 505games support. Advised to log a bug but otherwise unable to help. Going to log a bug request
  • Retried killing Wall of Flesh between 20 and 30 times to see if the random number generator doesn't want to make it hit 100% (It doesn't)
    • This involves spawning and killing Wall of Flesh from various sides of the map, at different times of day and killing at different positions. Not sure if this has any impact on how hardmode generates.
  • Tried uninstalling/reinstalling Terraria and deleting all files from Android system (Backed up world + player + achievements + map and restored them)
    • It probably goes without saying that i've tried restarting my device and closing all other applications
  • Tried killing Wall of Flesh with a newly created character
  • Tried removing the .map file in case of corruption or such
  • Tried removing achievements file in case of corruption or such
  • I've left the process to run overnight twice and for a few hours at other times. Most attempts have been left longer than 5 minutes
    • Once on the "Setting hardmode" 'save screen' when you exit while it's converting and another with my character just logged normally in to the world
  • Generated a new Small World and successfully converted it to hardmode very quickly
  • Installed Bluestacks and transferred world to the emulator. Killed Wall of Flesh. Tried twice. Still didn't complete.
  • Blown large parts of the V that gets generated apart with dynamite to see if the specific terrain configuration is causing issues. To be fair the V is very big and it would take a long time to properly terraform things so I only did a little bit but it made no difference
  • "Save and Exit"'d the game instantly after killing Wall of Flesh to close the UI/renderer and leave it running on the "Setting hardmode" save screen
  • Killed Wall of Flesh multiple times in the same session
  • Change various game settings (FPS limit, backgrounds, performance settings such as gore, etc)
  • Removed the world as a favourite as per a recommendation on this forum or Reddit (can't remember where)

After I kill Wall of Flesh hardmode enemies start spawning but I never receive the message "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released" nor does the hardmode achievement register. Every time I need to close the app and the world reverts to the pre-Wall of Flesh state.

Device: Huawei P20 Lite (ANE-LX1, 4GB RAM, Kirin 659 CPU, Android 9, EMUI 9.1.0)
Terraria version 1.3.0.7.9 Build 390
Small World. Crimson, not corruption.

Copy of the world is available here: Neil wld.zip

I'm completely out of ideas at this point and need to start doing stupid things like filling up huge portions of the world. I've explored every part of the map that you can in pre-hardmode and have put around 15000 torches down (according to TEdit) so I think it's failing due to the world having been explored so thoroughly, the wiki makes mention of hardmode getting stuck at 80% if too much has been excavated. I'd argue I haven't excavated THAT much of the world, just explored it all and illuminated it. That's largely the reason I don't want to start a new world as i'm heavily invested in this one.

If anyone has any idea exactly what the process is doing around the 92% mark that would help to narrow down the things I need to do to fix this (E.g. Is it hardmode mossification? Settling liquids? Looking for a stone block at the surface level to convert to hallow? Etc)

I'd be happy to receive any guidance/suggestions on what I can do to get this to trigger into hardmode. I'm really hoping there's an admin or dev here that can quickly run it through a tool and see where it's getting stuck or use an external app/tool to convert the world.

Happy to supply any information that is missing here.

Thanks for your assistance!

Regards,

Neil K
Hi there Neil, welcome to the forums, and thanks for this detailed message. :)

I was able to go into the world that you attached, kill the Wall of Flesh, and successfully convert the world to hardmode. The percentage raised from 0% to 100% within a minute. I’m not sure why it wasn’t working for you - I did this on an iPad Air 2, which doesn’t have as much RAM as your device, so that’s puzzling.

In any case, I’ve saved the world for you in hardmode, and put the Wall of Flesh loot in a shadow chest by natural spawn. I’ll attach it here, so that if you choose, you can place this in your Worlds file and continue the game in hardmode.

(Click to enlarge)
00F9A8EB-F923-4021-94A6-7FC97E832763.png 6BC3C684-7FFF-4D23-A706-5BBF6C6F2687.png

Attachments

• Neil.wld
    3.1 MB · Views: 83
Hello Unit One,

Thank you so much for doing this, it's extremely appreciated as I was out of options at this point. It had crossed my mind to test it on an Apple device but I don't have access to one. It's interesting to know it works successfully on Apple and not on Android. I've logged a bug report so hopefully this will get resolved at some point. If nothing else hopefully this thread assists other users whom are having the same issue.

I've loaded the world and confirmed it's working correctly. I gathered the items in the Shadow Chest, that's very thoughtful.

Thank you again for your help!

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom