PS4 Settings to change text size, please?

GabDaGoose

Terrarian
Hi,

Loving the new settings for UI size. Just wondering if you could also add the ability to change text size as well (mainly the pickup text, and text on enemies etc.)? That would make things a lot easier to read! Probably not too much to add in another slider called "Text Size" or something like that?

Thanks.

I did another thread about this, but thought of doing another one to be more specific. Since my eyesight's not the best, I find it hard to read the text. I find it was easier to read before the December 2017 patch because the typeface had a black outline; now it's just plain white, so I can't see the letters so well. It would also be really helpful if there was an option to increase the text size so I don't have to squint so hard.

I'm really grateful for the new settings to change the UI size, but I still find it hard to read the text and I'm pretty sure other people also feel this way. Thanks for listening.

Hi,

Loving the new settings for UI size. Just wondering if you could also add the ability to change text size as well (mainly the pickup text, and text on enemies etc.)? That would make things a lot easier to read! Probably not too much to add in another slider called "Text Size" or something like that?

Thanks.
I did another thread about this, but thought of doing another one to be more specific. Since my eyesight's not the best, I find it hard to read the text. I find it was easier to read before the December 2017 patch because the typeface had a black outline; now it's just plain white, so I can't see the letters so well. It would also be really helpful if there was an option to increase the text size so I don't have to squint so hard.

I'm really grateful for the new settings to change the UI size, but I still find it hard to read the text and I'm pretty sure other people also feel this way. Thanks for listening.
Hi there @GabDaGoose, I combined your two threads into one, as we discourage duplicate threads here. :)

@GabDaGoose I completely understand what your asking for. I literally just bought Terraria on steam and I immediately thought the game must not be running at 1920x1080 (my native screen resolution) because of how hard to read the text was. I still have 20/20 vision, I cannot imagine playing this if my eyesight were any worse. I would probably try and get a refund immediately. I upped the UI scale from 110% to 135% which helps, but the font is kinda horrible, either that or the way its rendered is horrible.

I have a feeling no dev will ever see this post, but it was absolutely the first thing I noticed while trying to play this game for the first time. I was literally only 1 minute into the game when this started to bug me.

Oh geez, this is the PS4 section. well I am having the same problem on PC, go figure. (found this thread on google when searching terraria increase chat size and sharpness, its the top hit)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom