Portfolio/Multi-Topic Shadow Assassin - New mob + equipment

AaroSA

Cultist
Alright, first of all, this is my first suggestion, and if this is the wrong section for this, tell me. I'm still somewhat newbish with things about this forum.

Currently, melee has the lowest amount of weapons to get from post-plantera dungeon. Mages have their Inferno Fork, Shadowbeam Staff, and Spectre staff and rangers have Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle and Tactical Shotgun, while melees get only the keybrand and paladin's hammer. I propose a third weapon for melees, along with its own mob and a vanity item.

(Note: All sprites in this suggestion are made by @DerpoTheMagnificent)

(Also, I'm awful at balancing things. For now, every stat in this suggestion is just to give you an idea on what it's like.)

Shadow Assassin

Starting off, Shadow Assassin is the new mob I propose will drop the melee weapon. Sprite here:

index.php

As the name suggests, he will try to assasinate you. Once he spawns, he stays still for a few seconds. If you hit him in that phase, he wont move or attack, making him easy to kill if you do. However, if my knowledge of mob spawning is correct, he spawns off screen, so you may not be able to notice him. After this, he vanishes in a puff of smoke and teleports right next to you. He will then try to hit you, and his hits really hurt. I suggest something from 100 to 200. But, once he hits you, he will teleport away, and try to do the same again. Maybe he could even have a chance of teleporting away if you hit him, like the dungeon casters? For health, he could maybe have something like 250. He can deal some serious damage, but he's not that defensive. I'm not sure on what type of wall he should spawn. Perhaps on any wall type, like Bone Lee?

He would drop the Assassin's Dagger and Bandana with a low drop rate, someting along the lines of dungeon caster weapon drop rates.

Assassin's Dagger

Now, on to the next part of the suggestion, and really, the main part of it. Assassin's Dagger is the suggested melee weapon drop for the dungeon. Sprite here:

index.php

As you may see, the weapon is extremly short. About the range of a pre-hardmode ore broadsword. The dagger's power lies in it's huge hit damage, which would probably be something around 200 to 300. This would make going close-range be beneficial for a melee character. The dagger would have an use time of perhaps 30. As I said in the start, these numbers are just to give you a basic idea of what it's like. For knockback, I'd imagine somewhere around weak or average. This would not have autoswing, but I may change that. I suppose this is somewhat similiar to the Fetid Baghnakhs, being low range but great damage, but I had this suggestion first thought out before 1.3 came out.

Bandana

This is just an idea I got later on, and thought would be a cool addition to this. Sprite here:

index.php

This would be a vanity item dropped by the Shadow Assassin, like how the Tactical Skeleton drops his helmet as vanity. The Bandana would look same on the player as it does on the Shadow Assassin. It's description would read "You know what evil lurks in the hearts of men", as a small referrence.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading! (Unless you just skipped to the end)

Seems cool, I like the idea of a powerful but short range weapon, only concern is that it might make pretty much any enemy in the game trivial if you build defense and use a star cloak...

You forgot Magnet Sphere on the list of magic weapons!:confused:(That only shows more on how OP mage is in the Dungeon)

Imo, going point blank post-Plantera is not worth it at all. Look at the Psycho Knife! We have Paladins, Crawltipedes, Martian Saucers and stuff. You may not even be able to hit some flying targets. Instead, I suggest making it a weaker Daybreak. You throw it like a Throwing Knife, but faster, and when it hits an enemy it would bounce off to other nearby enemies. Ofc lowering the damage is needed, maybe around 60 (Paladin's Hammer does 90 damage).

And yes, we need that bandana!

I'll probably make something similiar to what you suggested and have it as an optional choice, and put up a poll on which one would people like more

You forgot Magnet Sphere on the list of magic weapons!:confused:(That only shows more on how OP mage is in the Dungeon)

Imo, going point blank post-Plantera is not worth it at all. Look at the Psycho Knife! We have Paladins, Crawltipedes, Martian Saucers and stuff. You may not even be able to hit some flying targets. Instead, I suggest making it a weaker Daybreak. You throw it like a Throwing Knife, but faster, and when it hits an enemy it would bounce off to other nearby enemies. Ofc lowering the damage is needed, maybe around 60 (Paladin's Hammer does 90 damage).

And yes, we need that bandana!
I think it should stick in enemies, like the daybreak, I mean, what's the point of a throwing knife if it bounces off enemies? It would make more sense to stick in and do damage over time (like it's poisoned or something)

Back
Top Bottom