Weapons & Equip Shadow fury - an idea for a new whip

CursedSliver

Eater of Worlds
Shadow fury, I thought of this idea a couple of days ago, meant to post it on mods as a suggestion for a modded item when 1.4 tMod comes out, but I figured might as well post it there and see what other thought about it.

Shadow fury
Base damage: 80
Knockback: 4.5 (weak)
Use time: 40 (slow)
range: 23 tiles
Ability: Hitting an enemy to tag it for 2.5 seconds
Minions hitting an tagged enemy is guaranteed to crit dealing double damage, however a crit can only happen once per 0.5 seconds, per enemy. Mining crits summons a shadow bolt, which acts like spectre orbs, except when it finds its target it stops homing and goes straight, piercing up to 4 targets with local iFrames, and deals 100% of the initial damage that summoned it (note the guaranteed crit that summons it).
Stage obtainable: Post-all mechanical bosses, from reapers in solar eclipse (credit to @whoneedsnamestbh)

The intention of this whip is that it would synergy well with single minions such as desert tiger and stardust dragon, and also boosting minions with iFrames such as optic staff, greatly increasing their ability in crowd controls. it can also be considered as an alternative to the dark harvest, and a upgrade to the firecracker.

Last edited:
Where would this come from? The stats seem to be somewhere in between the Durendal and the Dark Harvest, which might imply that it is obtained rather quickly after Plantera.

Where we really need a whip is between post-1 mech and the Hardmode dungeon, so slightly before Plantera if possible. There’s already a good whip, Morning Star, immediately after plantera and a giant gap between said whip and Durendal. Judging by it being the “shadow lash”, it could fittingly drop from Reapers (post-3 mech, pre-plantera) or Red Devils (post-1 mech, slightly after Durendal), with a base damage adjusted to compensate.

I do love the whip idea, seems really fancy. A proper upgrade to the Firecracker would be amazing, because the Firecracker lasts way too long for where its tier in the game is, and I don’t think it would be too strong since its tag is basically equivalent to pre-1.4.1.2 Firecracker.

Also, how much range would it have?

Back
Top Bottom