Good idea?

• Yay

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs workay

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
So, the goblin summoner is the only source of shadowflame weaponry, yet we don't get the ability to use its main attack, shadowflame apparitions. So I propose that the summoner should drop a shadowflame spirit staff, which allows you to summon smaller versions of the apparitions which act sort of like deadly spheres except they apply shadowflame. The staff would ideally be a fairly powerful weapon, lasting you until the deadly sphere staff. They would be an alternative to the spider staff for taking on the mech bosses as unless redirected by left clicking, they would latch on to an enemy and brutally murder it to death.

Ahaha, you don't need to reserve a post like that unless you're planning to add like hundreds of sprites. The idea is fine, and definitely makes sense considering that the new hardmode enemy is called the Goblin Summoner, and yet there is no summoning weapon to be earned from the event.

I do think, however, that I would prefer a non-piercing minion at that stage. I'd have just graduated from Imps, see, and my alternate is the Spider, which is definitely a good minion; however, the Spiders tend to interfere with themselves since they deal piercing damage. So I think it would better if the Shadowflame minions dealt non-piercing damage somehow.

Back
Top Bottom