tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

Is Cernea (and presumably the alt cold-themed Flame Razed Forest) going to be a thing, by the way? Just curious, since the Cernium stuff has been in the mod for eons, but never actually implemented. Was the idea scrapped and content just not removed, or is this still-planned-but-way-back-on-the-backburner stuff? Not asking for a release date, just curious why the stuff's been there so long but permanently unused.

Is Cernea (and presumably the alt cold-themed Flame Razed Forest) going to be a thing, by the way? Just curious, since the Cernium stuff has been in the mod for eons, but never actually implemented. Was the idea scrapped and content just not removed, or is this still-planned-but-way-back-on-the-backburner stuff? Not asking for a release date, just curious why the stuff's been there so long but permanently unused.
Cenera has been removed from the game for the time being, as she really has no purpose atm. She'll be revived at a later date

Also see this Developers incase your wondering why this biome has been an unfinished WIP for years

Am I correct in assuming the Tiridium Vault/Lunar Vault is a 4th "personal storage" akin to the Piggy Bank, Safe, and Defender's Forge?
It doesn't really state what it is, but given how lategame it is I couldn't help but craft one just to see.

Also see this Developers incase your wondering why this biome has been an unfinished WIP for years
Ahh, thanks for the knowhow! I can't help but wonder why the items have been left in, though. I mean sure the work that's been done could be saved, but I feel it makes more sense not to have that stuff in release versions, and instead keep the code and sprites in a seperate branch or something, when it's not going to actually be in the mod for an unspecified amount of time, if ever.

Am I correct in assuming the Tiridium Vault/Lunar Vault is a 4th "personal storage" akin to the Piggy Bank, Safe, and Defender's Forge?
It doesn't really state what it is, but given how lategame it is I couldn't help but craft one just to see.

Ahh, thanks for the knowhow! I can't help but wonder why the items have been left in, though. I mean sure the work that's been done could be saved, but I feel it makes more sense not to have that stuff in release versions, and instead keep the code and sprites in a seperate branch or something, when it's not going to actually be in the mod for an unspecified amount of time, if ever.
Nah it's just a chest, and the Frostmourn Tundra is pushed waaaaaaaaay back

Hey uh...
So, the Erosion can show up in the Hallow and Underworld, right?
Because looking on the wiki, and bestiary in Recipe Browser, there don't appear to be any eroded Hallowed or Underworld enemies.
But the Cloaked Alchemist still leads me to those places. Though I have yet to encounter any eroded enemies in said places.

Also I assume when he talks about the place with "sand that defies gravity" he means the desert... right? Even though sand is one of the few blocks that DOES have gravity?
That confused me a lot since I also have Qwerty's mod, and the Sky Fortress in his mod has actual anti-gravity sand. Couldn't tell if it was mod compatability or just a very confusing statement.

Edit:
Also speaking of Asthralite farming, it's excessively tedious, especially given that a single piece of armor or a single weapon from Erazor costs 2-3 battles with him, and therefore 30 Asthralite, of which you get seemingly around 0-5 per very-rare eroded enemy. Even with spawnrate/spawncap increasing potions from other mods, it's such a slow process. Not exactly a difficult one, just... Tedious. Tedious tedious tedious.

...Also, how exactly does one get or find the "Obelisk" you need to summon ... whatever the last True Mode boss is, according to Boss Checklist? Looking in Recipe Browser, there appear to be 3 or so types of Obelisk, relating to a few SoA bosses, so do I need to re-fight them or...? And does it matter which I use the item by?

Last edited:
Hey uh...
So, the Erosion can show up in the Hallow and Underworld, right?
Because looking on the wiki, and bestiary in Recipe Browser, there don't appear to be any eroded Hallowed or Underworld enemies.
But the Cloaked Alchemist still leads me to those places. Though I have yet to encounter any eroded enemies in said places.

Also I assume when he talks about the place with "sand that defies gravity" he means the desert... right? Even though sand is one of the few blocks that DOES have gravity?
That confused me a lot since I also have Qwerty's mod, and the Sky Fortress in his mod has actual anti-gravity sand. Couldn't tell if it was mod compatability or just a very confusing statement.

Edit:
Also speaking of Asthralite farming, it's excessively tedious, especially given that a single piece of armor or a single weapon from Erazor costs 2-3 battles with him, and therefore 30 Asthralite, of which you get seemingly around 0-5 per very-rare eroded enemy. Even with spawnrate/spawncap increasing potions from other mods, it's such a slow process. Not exactly a difficult one, just... Tedious. Tedious tedious tedious.

...Also, how exactly does one get or find the "Obelisk" you need to summon ... whatever the last True Mode boss is, according to Boss Checklist? Looking in Recipe Browser, there appear to be 3 or so types of Obelisk, relating to a few SoA bosses, so do I need to re-fight them or...? And does it matter which I use the item by?

Oh-ho-kay, so:
1. Underworld and Hallowed are bugged as of right now. They'll be fixed in the next patch.
2. "Sand that defies gravity" is supposed to be a reference to the sandstone/hardened sand of the underground desert. Though, a lot of people seem to get confused about that, so we may change it in the future.
3. We have no cross-content as of now, but we do have plans for Thorium cross-content.
4. The erosion system is being reworked a bit in the next update, and is already quite a bit less tedious.
5. Only the Pumpkin Obelisk is obtainable as of now, so that should give you an idea on which item to use. Read through some of Erazor's dialogue to figure out how exactly you obtain it.
Hope that answers everything.

Oh-ho-kay, so:
1. Underworld and Hallowed are bugged as of right now. They'll be fixed in the next patch.
2. "Sand that defies gravity" is supposed to be a reference to the sandstone/hardened sand of the underground desert. Though, a lot of people seem to get confused about that, so we may change it in the future.
3. We have no cross-content as of now, but we do have plans for Thorium cross-content.
4. The erosion system is being reworked a bit in the next update, and is already quite a bit less tedious.
5. Only the Pumpkin Obelisk is obtainable as of now, so that should give you an idea on which item to use. Read through some of Erazor's dialogue to figure out how exactly you obtain it.
Hope that answers everything.
Thank you for the in-depth response! Thorium cross-content is exceptionally exciting! I'm glad Erosion is being reworked. Also, I've got a few more questions...
1. Will Midnight Rhapsody be making a return, even if just in music box form? Maybe I'm alone in this but I really liked that theme (and kind of miss The Challenger even if Erazor is a way more cohesive boss with awesome animations and even though he's H A N D S O M E as the Scavenger put it)
2. Will the Pandolar's Scavenged Items feature be moved to the Scavenger now that she's a thing? I feel like that makes more sense. I know the Pandolar is technically "Pandolar Salvager" but... I dunno. Having two scalvenaging NPCs seems odd.
3. Are there any plans for Mages to get another Relic Weapon? Melee has 6 (5 depending on dark biome), Ranged and Summon have 2, even throwing has 2!
And the Eroded Prism, while extremely cool and all, has ah... Some... Rather major drawbacks compared to other relic weapons, so not having an alternative is a tad sad.
4. Is there any particular reason for the Pandolar in specific being so adverse to rotten eggs? I mean, obviously nobody would like Rotten Eggs, but why just the Pandolar?
5. If the (joke?) about Niel the Cloaked Alchemist being old Challenger is canon, will we get a battle where Erazor and Niel team up for a duo-demon battle? Maybe throw Nuba in too. Big old showdown for the fun of it!
Okay that last one wasn't really serious.

Also, if I may suggest something I forgot to mention some time ago, Primordia could use a better summon recipe. Three items all dropped from a somewhat rare enemy in addition to another item which is only dropped during a semi-random event in addition to an uneven number of bars from a recipe that gives an even number is a tad annoying.
...Speaking of Primordia, her death animation has something (presumably actual-Primordia) fleeing the construct. Will she be making a return? I may like the idea of rematching bosses a tad too much.
Oh, and on another boss-related note, heck, Araneas is terrifying. I adore how her legs are animated. It's too bad she was bugged in out multiplayer, would have been a fun boss, even though very creepy.

ANYWAY that's enough late-night rambling for now... I shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard when sleepy.

Thank you for the in-depth response! Thorium cross-content is exceptionally exciting! I'm glad Erosion is being reworked. Also, I've got a few more questions...
1. Will Midnight Rhapsody be making a return, even if just in music box form? Maybe I'm alone in this but I really liked that theme (and kind of miss The Challenger even if Erazor is a way more cohesive boss with awesome animations and even though he's H A N D S O M E as the Scavenger put it)
2. Will the Pandolar's Scavenged Items feature be moved to the Scavenger now that she's a thing? I feel like that makes more sense. I know the Pandolar is technically "Pandolar Salvager" but... I dunno. Having two scalvenaging NPCs seems odd.
3. Are there any plans for Mages to get another Relic Weapon? Melee has 6 (5 depending on dark biome), Ranged and Summon have 2, even throwing has 2!
And the Eroded Prism, while extremely cool and all, has ah... Some... Rather major drawbacks compared to other relic weapons, so not having an alternative is a tad sad.
4. Is there any particular reason for the Pandolar in specific being so adverse to rotten eggs? I mean, obviously nobody would like Rotten Eggs, but why just the Pandolar?
5. If the (joke?) about Niel the Cloaked Alchemist being old Challenger is canon, will we get a battle where Erazor and Niel team up for a duo-demon battle? Maybe throw Nuba in too. Big old showdown for the fun of it!
Okay that last one wasn't really serious.

Also, if I may suggest something I forgot to mention some time ago, Primordia could use a better summon recipe. Three items all dropped from a somewhat rare enemy in addition to another item which is only dropped during a semi-random event in addition to an uneven number of bars from a recipe that gives an even number is a tad annoying.
...Speaking of Primordia, her death animation has something (presumably actual-Primordia) fleeing the construct. Will she be making a return? I may like the idea of rematching bosses a tad too much.
Oh, and on another boss-related note, heck, Araneas is terrifying. I adore how her legs are animated. It's too bad she was bugged in out multiplayer, would have been a fun boss, even though very creepy.

ANYWAY that's enough late-night rambling for now... I shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard when sleepy.
Jesus that's a big message.. But lemme try answering it

*aherm*

Midnight Rhapsody won't return and noiseboi was a mistake.
The Pandolar keeps the salvage function, we got something else planned for the Scavenger.
Yes we have plans for magic relics but no one sprited them yet.
The Pandolar has that egg thing cuz it's funny af.
Also we pretty much see Noiseboi as a Paradox now, Neil is not the same guy.
Lastly, the thing with Primordia... You will soon see what that is.
Araneas is also fixed in the next patch btw

Jesus that's a big message.. But lemme try answering it

*aherm*

Midnight Rhapsody won't return and noiseboi was a mistake.
The Pandolar keeps the salvage function, we got something else planned for the Scavenger.
Yes we have plans for magic relics but no one sprited them yet.
The Pandolar has that egg thing cuz it's funny af.
Also we pretty much see Noiseboi as a Paradox now, Neil is not the same guy.
Lastly, the thing with Primordia... You will soon see what that is.
Araneas is also fixed in the next patch btw
I'm a tad sad MR won't be back but oh well. Can always listen to it on soundcloud.
All the rest sounds exciting as heck! But also...
Why do people call The Challenger Noiseboi? I don't recall him being all that noisy. Also am I seriously the only one who liked that battle?

I'm a tad sad MR won't be back but oh well. Can always listen to it on soundcloud.
All the rest sounds exciting as heck! But also...
Why do people call The Challenger Noiseboi? I don't recall him being all that noisy. Also am I seriously the only one who liked that battle?
Noisy as in his sprite. Also, yeah, you probably are :V He's bad because half of the time you were chasing him around, practically unable to hit him. Also, :red:ty DPS caps.

If you need help sprinting some of the weapons, such as the memento Miri, I will help, but I need to know what kind of sprite you want to make a kind of template for you to tweak if you want. This is a very helpful mod for a lot of people, such as fury for his playthroughs, and Chippygaming for the convenience.
[doublepost=1559963203,1559963129][/doublepost]What I mean is I will take your reply from what you want, and make a template for the weapon to alter as you please

Hrm... Okay so I was battling Erazor, all well and good. Brought him over to my arena, fought him a few times...
Then uh... Erazor the Fallen Monarch has arrived!
So uh...
Yeah.
The Erazor (NPC) spawned after I beat Erazor (Boss) is still there.
However a second Erazor (NPC) has now appeared in my town and taken residence in another house.

...I feel that this is not supposed to happen.
I've had a similar issue happen before where I ended up with two Mechanics... But... I have absolutely no clue if this is a vanilla bug or what.

Hrm... Okay so I was battling Erazor, all well and good. Brought him over to my arena, fought him a few times...
Then uh... Erazor the Fallen Monarch has arrived!
So uh...
Yeah.
The Erazor (NPC) spawned after I beat Erazor (Boss) is still there.
However a second Erazor (NPC) has now appeared in my town and taken residence in another house.

...I feel that this is not supposed to happen.
I've had a similar issue happen before where I ended up with two Mechanics... But... I have absolutely no clue if this is a vanilla bug or what.

Wait so now theirs two!?!?....hmmm thanks for telling me this we will investigate the issue

sounds like you forget to check if the boss exists in the NPC move in conditions. A slight oversight but it should be easily remedied.
no I did not, I am checking for the boss and NPC, but for some damn reason this still happens, so STOP telling me that I didn't add a check ugh, I am tired of people telling me this with 100 Erazors in their world

no I did not, I am checking for the boss and NPC, but for some damn reason this still happens, so STOP telling me that I didn't add a check ugh, I am tired of people telling me this with 100 Erazors in their world
First: Thinking I'm one of your discord fanboys, think again. Don't treat me that way, I didn't provoke that response from you just because your agitated.

Second: 100 Erazors?! Ok yeah something seriously funky is going on there, now I'm curious just how that could be happening.
Well uh, good luck fixing it!

First: Thinking I'm one of your discord fanboys, think again. Don't treat me that way, I didn't provoke that response from you just because your agitated.

Second: 100 Erazors?! Ok yeah something seriously funky is going on there, now I'm curious just how that could be happening.
Well uh, good luck fixing it!
I know this isn't my thread but oi, both of you calm down.
IDG gave a possible reasoning based on what he could figure. Dan, your response definitely wasn't called for, he was trying to be helpful and wasn't aware of the other incidents. That said, IDG, your response to said response was equally uncalled for, resorting to making a strawman out of the Discord crowd and indirectly insulting Dan.
I can't believe I have to say this to two experienced developers as if they were children needing to be put in a corner.

Now...
If I may offer my own potential (if hacky) solution... Instead of removing the Erazor NPC when the boss spawns, could you instead make him invisible, uninteractable, and invulnerable, turning off his AI (like what the Enigma mod does while in the Etherial Dimension) and have him follow the position of the Boss Erazor, getting "turned back on" when the Boss is defeated or otherwise despawns? This would also stop him from moving into a different house each time he's defeated if multiple are available.
Not an elegant solution, no, but it could work for now? Sorry if this has been suggested before, I just figured I would give some input on the issue.

Back
Top Bottom