Portfolio/Multi-Topic Shape Shifting (a lot of new stuff.)

How is it so far?

• Total voters

Cubic.

The Destroyer
Just so you know, this isn't a list of threads.

This is a new class, which, as its name suggests, grants the power to polymorph. How this would be done is there are 'shifter charms' that temporarily morph the player into a monster. (Think of it as a buff, similar to the Summoner class.) I had a few ideas for sets that could work well.

Shifter's Helm
+5 Defense
+7 Polymoph Damage
"A fluffy but powerful armor used by ancient shapeshifters"
Sold by Dryad for 90 silver after defeating Eye of Chuthulu

Shifter's Coat
+6 Defese
+3 Polymorph Damage
"A warm coat of fur, enchanted to grant power to nature lovers"
Sold by Dryad for 90 silver after defeating Skeletron

Shifter's Boots
+4 Defense
+1 Polymorph Damage
"Snuggly winter boots, which are tempting to those who are without form or shape"
Sold by Dryad for 90 silver after defeating Eater of Worlds/Brain of Chuthulu

Shifter's Set bonus: +10 polymorph damage

You can also unshapeshift with the interact button, and cannot interact while in another form. You could also deactivate the buff, but pressing interact button is faster.

Charm of Cuteness
10 polymorph damage
Turns the player into a cute bunny
Bite by hitting the use button while holding the charm. Deals damage to any enemy whithin broadsword range. Cannot use any other object while in bunny form. Also adds 10 movement speed while in bunny form, making for a really fast way of getting around sans mount.
Found in surface chests

Charm of Rudeness
14 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a rude slime
Deals damage apon contact. Jumps apon attempting to move, always. Does not take damage from or deal damage to slimes (with the exception of King Slime and spiky slime projectiles.) Appears to have object you are currently carrying inside. Can use consumables. Does not take fall damage, making for a great way to explore space sans nofalldamage item.
Uncommon (50 out of 200 chance) drop from literally any slime, including King Slime.

Charm of Prettiness
17 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a player-sized Plantera (labeled as 'Turns the player into a pretty plant monster')
Fire a seed by hitting the use button while holding the charm. Unlike the real Plantera, you can't just pass through walls in the plant monster form. Can go wherever as long as it is in a cavern, cannot get too far away from the ground. It's hooks grapple blocks randomly, but stop grappling blocks with the player. Player faces whatever direction they were going in last before stopping. Can use consumables.
Found in Mud Chests in Undergound Jungle

Charm of Littleness (yes, littleness is a word.)
19 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a little demon's eye
Dash with the use button while holding the charm. Can fly up some distance but will fall (and if the player doesn't have a nofalldamage item, take fall damage) if they get too far away from a solid block. (Maybe 30 blocks) Cannot use any other item. Takes damage from dashing into a block.
Crafted at a crafting table with 5 Demonite or Crimtane bars, a black lens, 30 Ebonstone or Crimstone, and a Vile or Vicious mushroom.

Charm of Awesomeness
25 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into an awesome Pixie
Spark with the use button while holding the charm. Can fly up endlessly. Super slow, about the speed of a real Pixie. Can use any item, including other morph charms. Sparking sometimes inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Does not take damage from other Pixies. Takes damage from water.
Crafted at a Hardmode anvil with 5 Hallowed bars, 30 pixie dust, and 40 PearlStone. (cuz it's annoying to keep.)

Charm of Evilness
32 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into an evil Vampire
Simply deals extra damage. Instead of turning the player into an actual vampire enemy, it turns their hair black, skin white, and eyes red.
Uncommonly dropped by Vampires during Solar Eclipses

Charm of Happiness
44 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a happy Lamia
The player moves faster and has a Lamia tail. They can dash down opponents using the charm or simply deal extra damage with other classes of weapon.
Rare drop from Lamias after all three Mechanical bosses are defeated

"Aw. <PlayerName>, why are you adorable? You should be menacing in my opinion..." (Player is a cute bunny)
"Not like that..." (Player turned from a cute bunny to any other form after Guide said they should be menacing)
"uh..." (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to bunnies.)
"<PlayerName>, you remind me of a giant monster." (Player is a pretty plant monster)
"I'm not a vet, talking <PlayerForm>." (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to vampires.)
"Just no." (Player is an evil vampire.)
"What!? A talking <PlayerForm>!? Well, you want to buy something, so I guess the fact that you're a <PlayerForm> doesn't stop business." (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to vampires.)
"Are you here for my blood, or to buy something?" (Player is an evil vampire.)
"Ah. Isn't nature wonderful?" (Player is a cute bunny.)
"How did you get here?" (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to vampires or bunnies.)

Wip
wip
This thread is a work in progress, tell me ideas for shapeshifter sets and weapons!

Last edited:
There are actually two mods that do this: Shapeshifter (While you may not actually shapeshift, you do get special abilities depending on what boss armor you wear) and Qwerty's Random Content (Qwerty is currently creating special shapeshifting stones that actually do transform you, however there are only three at the moment: an anvil stone, a bunny stone, and an Eye stone).

I don't entirely hate the idea of a specific damage class dedicated to morphing into specific forms. It's better than the usual omni-morph staff suggestion, anyway.
Thank you!
There are actually two mods that do this: Shapeshifter (While you may not actually shapeshift, you do get special abilities depending on what boss armor you wear) and Qwerty's Random Content (Qwerty is currently creating special shapeshifting stones that actually do transform you, however there are only three at the moment: an anvil stone, a bunny stone, and an Eye stone).
Unfortunately, console users like myself and mobile users miss out on mods and texture packs. If I suggest something that's in a mod, just remember there are people who can't even download mods out there who would love to see the content they brought about.

Yet again, that's also why I somewhat like Ocram. I've always wanted to fight him, but like I said, im a console user. If only I had Terraria for my PS3...

Would the charm of prettiness make you look something like
518bbef3-34c3-11e9-8875-0dcc6802d976.gif
this?

Just so you know, this isn't a list of threads.

This is a new class, which, as its name suggests, grants the power to polymorph. How this would be done is there are 'shifter charms' that temporarily morph the player into a monster. (Think of it as a buff, similar to the Summoner class.) I had a few ideas for sets that could work well.

Shifter's Helm
+5 Defense
+7 Polymoph Damage
"A fluffy but powerful armor used by ancient shapeshifters"
Sold by Dryad for 90 silver after defeating Eye of Chuthulu

Shifter's Coat
+6 Defese
+3 Polymorph Damage
"A warm coat of fur, enchanted to grant power to nature lovers"
Sold by Dryad for 90 silver after defeating Skeletron

Shifter's Boots
+4 Defense
+1 Polymorph Damage
"Snuggly winter boots, which are tempting to those who are without form or shape"
Sold by Dryad for 90 silver after defeating Eater of Worlds/Brain of Chuthulu

Shifter's Set bonus: +10 polymorph damage

You can also unshapeshift with the interact button, and cannot interact while in another form. You could also deactivate the buff, but pressing interact button is faster.

Charm of Cuteness
10 polymorph damage
Bite by hitting the use button while holding the charm. Deals damage to any enemy whithin broadsword range. Cannot use any other object while in bunny form. Also adds 10 movement speed while in bunny form, making for a really fast way of getting around sans mount.
Found in surface chests

Charm of Rudeness
14 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a rude slime
Deals damage apon contact. Jumps apon attempting to move, always. Does not take damage from or deal damage to slimes (with the exception of King Slime and spiky slime projectiles.) Appears to have object you are currently carrying inside. Can use consumables. Does not take fall damage, making for a great way to explore space sans nofalldamage item.
Uncommon (50 out of 200 chance) drop from literally any slime, including King Slime.

Charm of Prettiness
17 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a player-sized Plantera (labeled as 'Turns the player into a pretty plant monster')
Fire a seed by hitting the use button while holding the charm. Unlike the real Plantera, you can't just pass through walls in the plant monster form. Can go wherever as long as it is in a cavern, cannot get too far away from the ground. It's hooks grapple blocks randomly, but stop grappling blocks with the player. Player faces whatever direction they were going in last before stopping. Can use consumables.
Found in Mud Chests in Undergound Jungle

Charm of Littleness (yes, littleness is a word.)
19 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a little demon's eye
Dash with the use button while holding the charm. Can fly up some distance but will fall (and if the player doesn't have a nofalldamage item, take fall damage) if they get too far away from a solid block. (Maybe 30 blocks) Cannot use any other item. Takes damage from dashing into a block.
Crafted at a crafting table with 5 Demonite or Crimtane bars, a black lens, 30 Ebonstone or Crimstone, and a Vile or Vicious mushroom.

Charm of Awesomeness
25 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into an awesome Pixie
Spark with the use button while holding the charm. Can fly up endlessly. Super slow, about the speed of a real Pixie. Can use any item, including other morph charms. Sparking sometimes inflicts the On Fire! debuff. Does not take damage from other Pixies. Takes damage from water.
Crafted at a Hardmode anvil with 5 Hallowed bars, 30 pixie dust, and 40 PearlStone. (cuz it's annoying to keep.)

Charm of Evilness
32 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into an evil Vampire
Simply deals extra damage. Instead of turning the player into an actual vampire enemy, it turns their hair black, skin white, and eyes red.
Uncommonly dropped by Vampires during Solar Eclipses

Charm of Happiness
44 Polymorph Damage
Turns the player into a happy Lamia
The player moves faster and has a Lamia tail. They can dash down opponents using the charm or simply deal extra damage with other classes of weapon.
Rare drop from Lamias after all three Mechanical bosses are defeated

"Aw. <PlayerName>, why are you adorable? You should be menacing in my opinion..." (Player is a cute bunny)
"Not like that..." (Player turned from a cute bunny to any other form after Guide said they should be menacing)
"uh..." (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to bunnies.)
"<PlayerName>, you remind me of a giant monster." (Player is a pretty plant monster)
"I'm not a vet, talking <PlayerForm>." (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to vampires.)
"Just no." (Player is an evil vampire.)
"What!? A talking <PlayerForm>!? Well, you want to buy something, so I guess the fact that you're a <PlayerForm> doesn't stop business." (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to vampires.)
"Are you here for my blood, or to buy something?" (Player is an evil vampire.)
"Ah. Isn't nature wonderful?" (Player is a cute bunny.)
"How did you get here?" (Player is in a ShapeShift form. Does not apply to vampires or bunnies.)

Wip
wip
This thread is a work in progress, tell me ideas for shapeshifter sets and weapons!
I can really agree and disagree with this. It seems that if its a buff for a limited time, people wont usually enjoy being a animal/enemy.

Defeat certain enemies x number of times, gain the ability to take on their form and use their melee/ranged/magic attack.
Sounds pretty fun to me!
I'd not put a timer on it though. Have people transform at will and stay in their form until another one is chosen, possibly with a ~10 second time-out after each transformation.

Defeat certain enemies x number of times, gain the ability to take on their form and use their melee/ranged/magic attack.
Sounds pretty fun to me!
I'd not put a timer on it though. Have people transform at will and stay in their form until another one is chosen, possibly with a ~10 second time-out after each transformation.
I can really agree and disagree with this. It seems that if its a buff for a limited time, people wont usually enjoy being a animal/enemy.
That's not how this works. You transform back with the interact button. I literally specified 'interacting with the interact button is replaced by turning back'

That's not how this works. You transform back with the interact button. I literally specified 'interacting with the interact button is replaced by turning back'
I understand what your idea is; I was giving my own swing at it. :) You are of course free to ignore it.

Your idea is actually good but knowing that you have to kill a lot of bunnies to get the morph seems sad, but highly understandable.
It's not dropped by bunnies.
Charm of Cuteness
10 polymorph damage
Found in surface chests

Your idea is actually good but knowing that you have to kill a lot of bunnies to get the morph seems sad, but highly understandable.
Well, I figured the player should only morph into specific enemies, not all of them. Morphing into a critter isn't particularly useful. :)
There are almost 350 enemies: Being able to morph into each one of them, I don't see how that's going to work.

Well, I figured the player should only morph into specific enemies, not all of them. Morphing into a critter isn't particularly useful. :)
There are almost 350 enemies: Being able to morph into each one of them, I don't see how that's going to work.
Yeah. But in the OP, it suggests that the bunny morph is kind of like a Wand of Sparking alternative for shapeshifters: it's even found in the same place.

Even if it isn't particularly useful, it seems it would be fun to be a neutral mob just to be a neutral mob, and you can use the critter morphing to troll your friends, not knowing who are unless it shows your name.

Back
Top Bottom