• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Shard of Desperation

LoM2

Retinazer
Alright, I'm back. It's been a while, hasn't it? Debates and stuff.

Okay, so it's late and this is more a concept based idea so I'm not bothering to sprite this. I might go do it tomorrow.

Shard of Desperation:
+ x20
Increases damage as you lose HP
-20% DMG

See description of item.

The damage decrease is to force the player to think strategically. Starts the player off with a lower base damage but as the health decreases the player can deal more damage than he could even without the debuff.

I don't have any equations set in stone for this, however I'm thinking that a player can achieve 200% of their original attack damage when they're at 1 HP. For this to be balanced the equation would probably have to be exponential, such as:

d=a(500/h)^2

Where d = damage modifier, h = current health, and a is some unset number that I do not feel like going and testing for.

That's about it. Feedback is as always appreciated, although I probably won't see anything posted until tomorrow.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Just dropping in to point out a massive flaw with your equation.

In order to achieve +100% Damage at 1 HP, a would have to equal 1/2500, which means that having any amount of health above above 10 results in having a damage bonus of less than 1%, and the only amount of health that yields more than +10% in damage is 3 or less.

Unless you can come up with a viable way to translate health into damage, this isn't going to work.

LoM2

Retinazer
Just dropping in to point out a massive flaw with your equation.

In order to achieve +100% Damage at 1 HP, a would have to equal 1/2500, which means that having any amount of health above above 10 results in having a damage bonus of less than 1%, and the only amount of health that yields more than +10% in damage is 3 or less.

Unless you can come up with a viable way to translate health into damage, this isn't going to work.
Point taken, however as noted above I am lazy and do not feel like doing math. Theoretically though if exponential growth doesn't work, putting on it a linear system should work. Maybe. Probably.

Top Bottom