Share here your awesome tips!

S3V3N7HR33

Skeletron Prime
This thread is just for small advice, therefore I didn't put it in the guides section. Don't post big guides or trolls here please...
Share here tips you find very useful in Terraria, but most people didn't know, like:

The Blowpipe auto-fires, and can actually be a deadly weapon with Poison Darts, that are also easy to get.
The Destroyer is the easiest Mechanical Boss, and you can easily kill him with Cannonballs bought from the Pirate.
By using this, you won't need Titaniumantite armor. You can skip straight to Hallowed ;)
If you're using the Stardust Dragon on single-targets and bosses, don't use piercing weapons.
Hide in a house for total security on a Martian Madness.
You can glitch into the Lihzahrd Temple by removing walls next to the door and using teleporters.
Minishark<Phoenix Blaster, Megashark<Venus Magnum (if you have good M1 skills)
Beenades are very good with the WoF, throw them and switch to a non-piercing weapon.
Terra Blade<Influx Waver, Meowmere<Star Wrath<Terrarian with Yoyo Bag.
Don't craft a Star Veil, the stars do negligent damage and the Cross Necklace is much, much cheaper to reforge.
Snowballs are better than Copper Shortswords!
You don't need the Charm of Myths equiped all the time. If you want maximum efficiency, equip it just before drinking a potion,drink it, then unequip it.

And probabily the best one I have:
Bee/Wasp Guns aren't made for diect combat: They're fire-and-forget weapons. That's why most people think they suck.

The easiest way to get wings is by putting the Witch Doctor in the jungle at night and buying them for 1 plat in the beggining of HM. Leaf Wings are even better than Angel/Demon wings!

Don't craft a Star Veil, the stars do negligent damage and the Cross Necklace is much, much cheaper to reforge.
I actually find that the Star Veil helps to let me know when I'm taking damage. Sometimes I can't hear my character and I don't notice my health so it's good to have. (Besides if money is no object... why not right?)

- You don't have to make a farm for EVERYTHING you can. You'll drive yourself mad.
- Of 3 cavern mobs (Giant Shelly, Salamander, Crawdad) only 2 can spawn in any given world.
- Always eat your Vegetables. They're good for you.
- Enchanted Sword Shrines have a 1/3 chance of containing a real sword. Furthermore there's a 1/10 chance you get an Arkhalis instead of an Enchanted Sword when you destroy the shrine.
- Kill the Painter. He drops a paintball gun 1/10 of the time. While not super powerful it's fun to play around with. :)

Fishing is generally OP, from the Reaver Shark to Crates it provides a large amount of benefits. The only downside is bait a acquisition and fishing being pretty boring.

The Slime Mount is an excellent weapon pre-hardmode and can even be used while fishing!
Use the slime mount to fall much faster down your hellevators!

If you want mimic drops, it is best for you to "flatten" a mountain. Dont destroy the backdrops.
Bring yourself some battle potions and water candles, stand offscreen of the flattened mountain, and have fun.

Don't get Hardly Saddles at all...

Farm for Honeyed Goggles and you can kinda-ish skip wings hardmode, as now you can use weapons while mounted.
It mostly was a joke tip, considering how useless they are now.

But for real, Honeyed Goggles are really good to have until you can get wings in hardmode.

Some tips for Summoners:
  • It's good to carry a melee, ranged, and magic weapon around when playing as a summoner.
  • Using more than one kind of summon at a time can help fill in the weaknesses of others (EX: Using both Sharknados and UFOs or Stardust Dragon and Cells).
  • Although Spider armor is the only pre-Plantera summoner set; a good amount of space to run around will make the fight very easy with the use of the twins.
  • Place turret summons in strategic locations to optimize their damage outputs.
  • The Queen Spider does much more damage than the tool tip shows as it hits 3-4 times per shot. It also inflicts the venom debuff.
  • Use both the Queen Spider and Frost Hydra together to make them more effective.
  • Tiki Armor is better than Spooky Armor as is gives more minions and defense.
  • Use Ichor Flasks/ Bullets or the Golden Shower to help your summons do more damage.

To save inventory space put sand, stars, gel and bones in your ammo slots
To stop zombies entering through doors just add a 2x2 hole in front of them
Haven't got a cobalt shield? just grapple the floor/ceiling
Need a peed boost? grapple a wall and let go before you hit the wall

-Dodging and mobility are important in boss fights (specifically, Expert mode). Don't stand still too often unless you are certain you won't take significant damage. A Hoverboard (or Vortex Booster) tends to help immensely with this.
-Playing with friends is more fun than you might think.
-Alt-click items with your inventory open to favorite them. This prevents them from being quick-stacked or dropped.
-Carry around a piggy bank/safe/money trough if inventory space becomes an issue. Storing unstackable or uncommon items in these while away from home is a great way to free up space.
-Demonite/Crimtane bars sell for more money than the ores themselves do. Remember to craft them into bars before selling them for more cash in your pocket.
-You don't NEED Vampire Knives to play Melee.
-If you're not restricting yourself to one class, having a summoned minion handy is always nice for a little extra damage and protection.
-Hellwing Bow, Phoenix Blaster, Demon Scythe, and the Water Bolt are all great weapons for dealing with the Wall of Flesh if you're having trouble.
-On Expert mode, a bridge across the underworld is advised for fighting the Wall of Flesh. Otherwise, water-walking potions can be used instead of a bridge, as the wall's speed is more tolerable in normal mode, allowing you to bypass obstacles quickly enough. Don't try this if you are not confident in your mobility.
-Keep a Well Fed buff active as much as you can, it's long-lasting and beneficial.
-Titanium's Shadow Dodge is extremely useful if you are fairly skilled at avoiding attacks. It will save you from most mistakes you happen to make.
-Remember to re-apply your Crystal Ball/Ammo Box/Bewitching Table buffs!

The Slime Mount is an excellent weapon pre-hardmode and can even be used while fishing!
Use the slime mount to fall much faster down your hellevators!
You can also defeat the Eater of Worlds with it by staying underground and having the slime constantly jump on him. Seriously try it. Easiest expert mode boss ever.

With enough patience, breaking altars in Hardmode can be skipped completely. Just fish up as many Crates as your sanity will allow before defeating the WoF, then open them once HM starts.

With enough patience, breaking altars in Hardmode can be skipped completely. Just fish up as many Crates as your sanity will allow before defeating the WoF, then open them once HM starts.

Until someone decides to get loot from a Pirate Invasion. They require an altar to be destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom