Share your aesthetic building techniques!

Eos

Terrarian
Simple put share images of cool building tips and such heads up idk how to hide so prepare for big pics and i hope they help ya! (no i didnt make ANY of this just stuff i personaly saved for inspiration)

1st is a circle building guide :D
2lj71c7.png

2nd is a cool way to build diagonal buildings!
Rudoboy - half tiles upward.png

This is commonly known but for those who dont a spiral staircase :D
Step.JPG

another cool build for stairs is to simply have a single wall follow the plants creating the illusion of actual stairs
klv4RAe.jpg

Now here i really like this waterfall using water wall
Beach.jpg

another example
Blue_glow.jpg

if you put wood on top of dynasty roof and flatten it with a hammer it looks much nicer imo

Cafe.png

a great way to make a rope bridge :D those arnt platforms their regular wood hit with a hammer flat
Hvo0TPt.png

anyway i hope some of these inspire you they did for me, hope to see some of your guys lil tips and tricks

would be nice to have all of this sort of stuff put together in a megathread, i remember there being one in the TO forums...

I've found making circles and ovals is easier with this site, no need for a big reference image, since you can input the dimensions you want.

I don't remember where I ran across it, but this collection of builds is super useful, as well.

For aesthetic purposes, I tend to look at textures first and then add paint to unify the color scheme. Glowing blocks partly fall into this, but I've found their glow doesn't take on the color of the paint, so their usage is situational.

I tend to use a lot of curves and bends in my builds, unless it's more mechanical. It looks very nice and creates a smoother feel.

I like working with the landscape features rather than flattening the build site and making the house "fit" the location. If that makes sense lol

Build irregular boxes for rooms then add doors, stairs etc avoiding symmetry. I find it also helps to draw the rough layout first (yes I mean on paper!)

jqWK6Hx.png

3dFEdbJ.png

Credit: Youtube Video

Reactions: ham
Hi! Don't forget to credit your sources for all of your images if they aren't yours!

Example: My Cafe.

Good tips, otherwise!

It's just got to have a couple different block types, as here is a sky shrine built by my friend @timithon, who ain't on TCF
vybg37.jpg

House Transformation!

Attachments

• Capture 2018-04-12 21_19_33.png
    Capture 2018-04-12 21_19_33.png
    97 KB · Views: 2,097
  • Capture 2018-04-12 21_14_37.png
    Capture 2018-04-12 21_14_37.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,476
Back
Top Bottom