share your favorite terraria moments whit our comunity! :D

how much did you enjoy terraria over its life time (per year)

• 2012-2013

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2014-2015

• 2015-2016

• 2016-2017

• 2017-2017

• 2018-2019

• 2019-pressent

• 2011 to 2015-2016

• i dont know what to say :P

• not so much

• i liked it

• watever i just want to give multiple opinions

• Total voters

Rexus the wolf

Duke Fishron
the goal is simple, make some screenshots or write a story, all about your most threasured terraria memory

doesnt matter if its from first release or terraria 1.3.5, every version, every console, well pretty much every device is a source of our beloved game whom has grown so much over the years

my journey began on terraria mobile version 1.2.5.2 (idk the code number exactly), it had golem, duke fishron, planterra, etc etc, basicaly before the lunar update :)
i can clearly remember my brother introducing terraria to me on the phone, at first ill admit, i didnt taught much of it, but i quickly felt infatuated by the game and its desighn, around a month later our worlds flourished untill we hit an obstackle, we didnt know what the "wall of flesh" back then was, untill we accidentely killed a voodoo demon above a lava pit and tried to flee by stupidly teleporting out hahaha! XD
eventualy i reached hardmode on my own and helped my brother get uptodate in gear, but i was so insanely stupid, i forgot to take hellstone and obsidian for the pickaxe, but then i had to go all the way back to get a forge becouse we were both too stupid to do so before even realizing what the wall of flesh was and i wastoo stupid becouse i didnt do it after the damn piece of meat, but after our issues were resolved, we were quickly plagued by the mechs, spended a week killing atleast one of them (i thinkwe killed the twins back then), inside the hallowed biome, but only did we notice after all 3 mechs were downed that the corruption and hallow were spreading, we builded quite alot of square houses who in the end didnt resemble houses nor boxrooms, it was unique, it was so different when i look back at that memory
we eventualy downed planterra too, untill 2 weeks later i discovered the frostmoon and pumpkin moon event, sadly my brother got bored and left but still watched our progress increase :)
eventualy i learned of the truffle npc and made a floating mushroom biome island thingy, and i felt cozy whit it to a degree that i couldnt leave the place whitoud feeling weird, but after all this was finished and me grinding the pumpkin moon as a madmen becouse i wanted that bat scepter, turned out i didnt exactly had the right armor, and then i dicovered the auto hammer and spectre armor (wich btw are not crafted whit spectre bars back then) wich changed the tides, whit only one obstackle left, duke fishron...after 2 months of trying i finaly destroyed it XD

my latest terraria experience was whit mods

this was basicaly a short or long ish version of my first terraria experience, wich was on my phone, and i am curious to as what screenshots and or stories people will tell, i may not be on the forums that much due to real life stuff but i will sertainly look forward to seeing what happens
furthermore, this project is to celebrate both its birthday and last update once it gets released (IN LESS THEN A DAY, YEAAAAH!!!!)

these are the mods that had the most impact on my buildings
my ethernal gratitude to the creators of the following mods for making such great mods filled whit all kinds of buildin goodies :D
tModLoader - Useful NPCs (maker uses npcs from different mods but has putted em togeter for the convenience, look on this page for more info)
Tool - TEdit - Terraria Map Editor (yes i used t edit for some of the removal phaces)
tModLoader - The Spirit Mod! (didnt had too large of an inpact due to me installing it later in this worlds life (im an idiot who refuses to rebuild everything up again) but nps are npcs besides this mod looks and feels awesome so definetly check it out)

there are many more mods i used but i dont exactly remember what, let me know if you want a list of mods screenshotted and pasted in an individual message

anyway these were the mods that were the most impactfull on my npchouse build addiction, they look goofy, they look weird, but they look so unique wich makes me addore them
long live house building!!!! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_346.png
    Screenshot_346.png
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_347.png
    Screenshot_347.png
    1 MB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_348.png
    Screenshot_348.png
    896.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_349.png
    Screenshot_349.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_350.png
    Screenshot_350.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_351.png
    Screenshot_351.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_352.png
    Screenshot_352.png
    481.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_353.png
    Screenshot_353.png
    530.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_354.png
    Screenshot_354.png
    460.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_356.png
    Screenshot_356.png
    766.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_355.png
    Screenshot_355.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_23.png
    Screenshot_23.png
    728.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_24.png
    Screenshot_24.png
    619 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_19.png
    Screenshot_19.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 125
This is quite cool!
And if your birthday is today, then Happy Birthday!

Terraria is a super awesome game, and I love it a real lot as well! And I think most of us are super excited about 1.4! With all those things in the spoilers... wow, just imagine all the fancy builds with them! Vanilla only for now, but soon, maybe even combined with mods!

Also, it's a silly little thing, but I think your screenshots are among the first ones where I see some of my town NPCs appearing, Yay~! XD I wonder if it's still just Corru&Crim, and not Wacky NPCs, but, yeah, they're there!
I mean, it's silly, but that really means a real lot to see, that some like the mods I made!

This is quite cool!
And if your birthday is today, then Happy Birthday!

Terraria is a super awesome game, and I love it a real lot as well! And I think most of us are super excited about 1.4! With all those things in the spoilers... wow, just imagine all the fancy builds with them! Vanilla only for now, but soon, maybe even combined with mods!

Also, it's a silly little thing, but I think your screenshots are among the first ones where I see some of my town NPCs appearing, Yay~! XD I wonder if it's still just Corru&Crim, and not Wacky NPCs, but, yeah, they're there!
I mean, it's silly, but that really means a real lot to see, that some like the mods I made!

ohh no not my birth day xD terrarias birth day :D
terraria got released on 2011 16th of may :D wich is also terraria journeys end's release date :D wiiiiiich is the reason i made this topic, to celebrate terraria's birth day XD

as for the coru and crim npc mod, i do indeed have both the wacky npcs and the original mod :D theyre pretty awesome, but then every mod that makes npcs are awesome! :D, but corruption and crimson exclusives are honestly something that shouldve been in terraria all along, different in the end but also a nececaty in my opinion, i sincerely hope t mod loader will be updated in time and so all of the mods i have installed, ohh i cant wait to make placing em into the representative biomes means not just for role playing hihihi
hek yeah maybe you could add a face eater barkeep as the crimson girl keeps talking about haha, so much posibilities XD

also a message to every1:
today is the day, the day terraria got born, the day terraria is finished, the day of perfection we have all been waiting fo
to any and all who play terraria, let us all enjoy the glory that is 1.4!!!!

Ooh, haha, I misunderstood then? XD
I know it's Terraria's birthday. That's quite cool too!

Ah, but if you have both, then you would have two of both fangirls XD the old and the new versions of both XD

Yes. I really really love town NPCs, but when you think about them, they need to do something useful, to justify why they're there. since they take up a housing and all, so if they would be useless, not everyone would like if they move in and take up space. XD That's why I thought about, what sorts of NPCs are missing from the vanilla game or even from other mods, and that's how I came up with these NPCs, the two fangirls first of all. and then the other 3 NPCs too, who are in the mod now.

And really, I was doing a vanilla multiplayer playthrough just earlier, in a crimson world and I was a mage, and it was a huuuuuge pain I couldn't acquire a band of starpower... on modded, you could just aquire all of these corruption/crimson only things, from the respective fangirl.

I still wonder though if corruption and crimson will be valid biomes for housing?

Ooh and, yeah, she has a quote about the restaurant "crimson kitchen" XD It was actually a simple build I did back in vanilla. it's not even really fancy XD it would be funny to build an actual weird crimson restaurant though with a face monster barkeep XD lol

Well, if everything goes well, only a little time, and 1.4 is here? Looking forward to it~!

Ooh, haha, I misunderstood then? XD
I know it's Terraria's birthday. That's quite cool too!

Ah, but if you have both, then you would have two of both fangirls XD the old and the new versions of both XD

Yes. I really really love town NPCs, but when you think about them, they need to do something useful, to justify why they're there. since they take up a housing and all, so if they would be useless, not everyone would like if they move in and take up space. XD That's why I thought about, what sorts of NPCs are missing from the vanilla game or even from other mods, and that's how I came up with these NPCs, the two fangirls first of all. and then the other 3 NPCs too, who are in the mod now.

And really, I was doing a vanilla multiplayer playthrough just earlier, in a crimson world and I was a mage, and it was a huuuuuge pain I couldn't acquire a band of starpower... on modded, you could just aquire all of these corruption/crimson only things, from the respective fangirl.

I still wonder though if corruption and crimson will be valid biomes for housing?

Ooh and, yeah, she has a quote about the restaurant "crimson kitchen" XD It was actually a simple build I did back in vanilla. it's not even really fancy XD it would be funny to build an actual weird crimson restaurant though with a face monster barkeep XD lol

Well, if everything goes well, only a little time, and 1.4 is here? Looking forward to it~!

i didnt knew they could both be active at once! thad litteraly be a blessing! then id call them sisters haha!,i have them both installed,i taught activating them both would corrupt them or overwrite them (if terraria modding looks a little like skyrim modding,wich if you have done that you know that it is a mess of gliches dr hodd toward wont fix anytime soon)

also here is a seed for terraria 1.4 that makes the perfect crimson large world setting for building, nearby desert, a spot where you can use a clentaminator for an artificial hallow biome, crimson doesnt touch the jungle
etc etc
enjoy: 3.4.2.1183565866
it has a piramyd (2 i think, i quickly looked over it using tedit and different worlds)
it has some sort of sea floor **** ******* wich looks realy neat
it has an oasis, 2 crimson caves fused into 1 making it REALY COMPACT whit 1 crimson cave not far from it, it also has one crimson cave on the dungeons side wich didnt even touch the snow biome
it has an underground desert WHITOUD ANDLION MOUNTS, thats weird yes but it makes for some amayzing builds! :D
check it out for yourself and please spread the word
(this world is generated at large, crimson, journeymode (works on other dificultys too ofc) i think i forgot some details but sure watever, these are the most important ofc

also from the looks of it, aslong as its marked as a biome, (crimson, corruption and hallowed) are all biomes ofc haha, itshould be possible to assign them
since the ********** and the ***** **** and the ***** are npcs whom prefer living in the hallowed, wich means crimson and corruption have similair tags too, ohh im exited already! i wish i was good whit code... id make a werewolf town npc that spawns after getting a werewolf banner or a fishron npc who would spawn after you defeated duke fishron, basicaly freeing him of his chains haha

my apologies for replying so slow, terraria forums as you mayve known already had its quircks yesterday and it made me vomit from anger, i hate it when i have to let others waiting

i didnt knew they could both be active at once! thad litteraly be a blessing! then id call them sisters haha!,i have them both installed,i taught activating them both would corrupt them or overwrite them (if terraria modding looks a little like skyrim modding,wich if you have done that you know that it is a mess of gliches dr hodd toward wont fix anytime soon)

also here is a seed for terraria 1.4 that makes the perfect crimson large world setting for building, nearby desert, a spot where you can use a clentaminator for an artificial hallow biome, crimson doesnt touch the jungle
etc etc
enjoy: 3.4.2.1183565866
it has a piramyd (2 i think, i quickly looked over it using tedit and different worlds)
it has some sort of sea floor **** ******* wich looks realy neat
it has an oasis, 2 crimson caves fused into 1 making it REALY COMPACT whit 1 crimson cave not far from it, it also has one crimson cave on the dungeons side wich didnt even touch the snow biome
it has an underground desert WHITOUD ANDLION MOUNTS, thats weird yes but it makes for some amayzing builds! :D
check it out for yourself and please spread the word
(this world is generated at large, crimson, journeymode (works on other dificultys too ofc) i think i forgot some details but sure watever, these are the most important ofc

also from the looks of it, aslong as its marked as a biome, (crimson, corruption and hallowed) are all biomes ofc haha, itshould be possible to assign them
since the ********** and the ***** **** and the ***** are npcs whom prefer living in the hallowed, wich means crimson and corruption have similair tags too, ohh im exited already! i wish i was good whit code... id make a werewolf town npc that spawns after getting a werewolf banner or a fishron npc who would spawn after you defeated duke fishron, basicaly freeing him of his chains haha

my apologies for replying so slow, terraria forums as you mayve known already had its quircks yesterday and it made me vomit from anger, i hate it when i have to let others waiting
Ah, don't worry about late repply, I couldn't access the forums either earlier. it was just down or acting weird, which is understandable at the moment.

Did you checked that world via traveling? It's too bad there's nothing like worldgen previewer... I mean, yeah, it would spoil things, but it could be good for finding good maps for building. I generated a normal small world to try out things, and the two crimson biomes generates on the two sides of the jungle, lol XD just why?

What would such a werewold NPC do though?

Also, according to wiki (if the info is correct) there's no crimson and corruption pylon. so, if there's no such, they're probably not valid for housing either.

Ah, don't worry about late repply, I couldn't access the forums either earlier. it was just down or acting weird, which is understandable at the moment.

Did you checked that world via traveling? It's too bad there's nothing like worldgen previewer... I mean, yeah, it would spoil things, but it could be good for finding good maps for building. I generated a normal small world to try out things, and the two crimson biomes generates on the two sides of the jungle, lol XD just why?

What would such a werewold NPC do though?

Also, according to wiki (if the info is correct) there's no crimson and corruption pylon. so, if there's no such, they're probably not valid for housing either.

no pilons ofc, but if one could make one 🤔

the ww npc would sell blood moon and night related items based on how many youve accuired in one playtrough, is invulnerable to enemies and acts as a defender for npcs
fishron would sell beach themed items such as shells and sand

i presume you need a screenshot then? if so let me know and ill destroy another world just for the purpose of previeuwing it, besides i can easily generate more, doesnt hurt to be evil once in awile, destroying a world for the sake of knowledge 😹

no pilons ofc, but if one could make one 🤔

the ww npc would sell blood moon and night related items based on how many youve accuired in one playtrough, is invulnerable to enemies and acts as a defender for npcs
fishron would sell beach themed items such as shells and sand

i presume you need a screenshot then? if so let me know and ill destroy another world just for the purpose of previeuwing it, besides i can easily generate more, doesnt hurt to be evil once in awile, destroying a world for the sake of knowledge 😹
Having pylons for other biomes could be quite cool, but evil biomes probably still are places where NPCs won't move in, right? I actually didn't tested it yet, but I'm assuming that. So I think the first thing would be regarding a corruption/crimson pylon, to get NPCs to be able to move there? and who would like to live there? (besides the fangirls XD)

there aren't that many blood moon items though to have an NPC just for them?
Also, speaking of invulnerable NPCs, rather that just warewolf being invulnerable, it would be good if there would be an option to make all town NPCs invulnerable.
there are mods like that, and they're great, so you don't have to worry about a bunch of pirates or something massacres your whole town in 3 seconds.

You can send screenshots if you want. I'm curious.

Having pylons for other biomes could be quite cool, but evil biomes probably still are places where NPCs won't move in, right? I actually didn't tested it yet, but I'm assuming that. So I think the first thing would be regarding a corruption/crimson pylon, to get NPCs to be able to move there? and who would like to live there? (besides the fangirls XD)

there aren't that many blood moon items though to have an NPC just for them?
Also, speaking of invulnerable NPCs, rather that just warewolf being invulnerable, it would be good if there would be an option to make all town NPCs invulnerable.
there are mods like that, and they're great, so you don't have to worry about a bunch of pirates or something massacres your whole town in 3 seconds.

You can send screenshots if you want. I'm curious.
very well, then here is 3.4.2.1183565866 under the loop, i personaly find the 2 conjoined crimson caves very handy, once tedit works in a way it wont glich my worlds, ill be painting all crimson away, paint a small artificial crimson and corruption biome and then capsle the jungle in hallow so that the crimson cannot penetrate it

Attachments

• Screenshot_27.png
    Screenshot_27.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_26.png
    Screenshot_26.png
    484.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_25.png
    Screenshot_25.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 102
A story I have :) :
I just started this world I generated that I thought was pretty odd at first, since I spawned in a ice biome.
I decided to explore left to right like always.
the corruption on the left, well, to describe it lets say it looked like cheese.
the corruption was GIGANTIC. It almost went all the way to the ocean!
The left was just ‘ok have corrupted c h e e s e’ so I went to the right.
it was normal
normal...
so far normal...
NOT NORMAL
There was THREE SWORD SHRINES ON THAT SIDE OF THE WORLD
I felt like I was dreaming.
but then again look at the dungeon in lots of worlds.
I only broke one of the sword shrines because I thought that it would be good to stay humble (says with almost a stack of bunnies in inventory)
So moral of the story: console world gen is broken but you get profit from it sometimes

terraria on mobile and consoles before 1.3 were theultimate representation of a glichy game XD
the world was made after 1.3 lol
y srsly swooped a dozen bunnies whit bugnets?
also on console the bunnies have to be caught in bug nets

Last edited:
My first time playing, I had a little base in a pyramid. It was pretty terrible, but it was better than a shoebox. I had a reaper costume (October 2016-ish) and goggles. If I remember correctly, I had red dye, too. There was a couple of golden chests lying around, as well as some banners. I had dug out an area in the pyramid underground, serving as an arena with a few NPCs around, too.
It was the place where I first killed the Eye of Cthulhu. I was younger, so I had trouble pronouncing it until my friend told me. "Not the eye of chthulhoo again!". "I just died to the eye of chthu". "Cthulhuhuhuhu". My tactics were abysmal:

I'd literally swing a platinum sword at it, inside my tiny pyramid. God, I was stupid.

Remember, I'm on mobile, so it seemed like a good idea since everything auto-swung. It came every night, and I only defeated it to see that it just falls apart when you kill it. It was also much smaller than I first anticipated. The Eye of Cthulhu was underwhelming to defeat, but the fact it was my first boss was enough to excite me.
That ended up being corrupted, but it was a horrible world anyways. I had trashed all my plants, so I didn't have acorns to replant the fields I made. I didn't know the Dryad sold them, either.

Since then, I've gotten much better and I've played through the game several times. I'm starting my first expert world soon. Mobile was great, but I prefer console now. Anyways, maybe I can recreate that someday.

Who knew my tablet would literally kill itself with an update? tHeRe gOeS fiFtY hOuRs!

A story I have :) :
I just started this world I generated that I thought was pretty odd at first, since I spawned in a ice biome.
I decided to explore left to right like always.
the corruption on the left, well, to describe it lets say it looked like cheese.
the corruption was GIGANTIC. It almost went all the way to the ocean!
The left was just ‘ok have corrupted c h e e s e’ so I went to the right.
it was normal
normal...
so far normal...
NOT NORMAL
There was THREE SWORD SHRINES ON THAT SIDE OF THE WORLD
I felt like I was dreaming.
but then again look at the dungeon in lots of worlds.
I only broke one of the sword shrines because I thought that it would be good to stay humble (says with almost a stack of bunnies in inventory)
So moral of the story: console world gen is broken but you get profit from it sometimes

the glichier the better i always say :) afterall it makes terraria adventures interesting af! haha :D, also stacks of bunnies? y srsly swooped a dozen bunnies whit bugnets? lmao! or did they drop themselves as an item upon death much like goldfishes in terraria 3ds did?, hmmmm interesting to be honest XD

My first time playing, I had a little base in a pyramid. It was pretty terrible, but it was better than a shoebox. I had a reaper costume (October 2016-ish) and goggles. If I remember correctly, I had red dye, too. There was a couple of golden chests lying around, as well as some banners. I had dug out an area in the pyramid underground, serving as an arena with a few NPCs around, too.
It was the place where I first killed the Eye of Cthulhu. I was younger, so I had trouble pronouncing it until my friend told me. "Not the eye of chthulhoo again!". "I just died to the eye of chthu". "Cthulhuhuhuhu". My tactics were abysmal:

I'd literally swing a platinum sword at it, inside my tiny pyramid. God, I was stupid.

Remember, I'm on mobile, so it seemed like a good idea since everything auto-swung. It came every night, and I only defeated it to see that it just falls apart when you kill it. It was also much smaller than I first anticipated. The Eye of Cthulhu was underwhelming to defeat, but the fact it was my first boss was enough to excite me.
That ended up being corrupted, but it was a horrible world anyways. I had trashed all my plants, so I didn't have acorns to replant the fields I made. I didn't know the Dryad sold them, either.

Since then, I've gotten much better and I've played through the game several times. I'm starting my first expert world soon. Mobile was great, but I prefer console now. Anyways, maybe I can recreate that someday.

Who knew my tablet would literally kill itself with an update? tHeRe gOeS fiFtY hOuRs!

terraria on mobile and consoles before 1.3 were theultimate representation of a glichy game XD, i miss being a noob in terraria, i loved doing terraria whit my brother, and i love getting mauled to death by the dungeon guardian before knowing what it is and blahblah xD, as for the pyramid? thats actualy quite creative, mobile pyramids had them hidden shrines in them too 😹 wich just screams "turn this in a house"
still, it is np to misspronounce things, i called it the eye of cluthu or clitu (please donot continue on that 1 word XD i feel ashamed to this day), also the first time i explored the floating islands was in hardmode becouse i saw the terraria wiki and wings, sigh.... XD

i have added some extra screenshots, but will post them here incase y cant find em, so this message serves as a stepping stone to its master

yes i burried 2 houses in the snow, the aestetic is ment to imitate a heavy snowstorm and them little cabins in the snowy woods, or when entire vilages are burried in the snow, you know

the giant bush, well that was based on my giant bush in my modded world

but these 3 shots are from terraria 1.4, damn i love these fire thingies in the background

Attachments

• Screenshot_19.png
    Screenshot_19.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_23.png
    Screenshot_23.png
    728.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_24.png
    Screenshot_24.png
    619 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom