PC SHARE YOUR MAP SEED [PC 1.3.4 & beyond]

Sounds like a troll got to that list. Last I saw it, it was a legitimate list of seeds and their features.

Yup, Just can't seem to do the community a service these days. New link for the restored document. Editing is now closed on it.

That was edited by an anonymous user, Google will not do anything against me but likely will track down the user who did by their IP address and seek action against them since it is a serious offense.

Last edited:
Here's a very lucky one. (My main world is on it)
848647634 (Large, Crimson, Normal)
For some odd reason, at ~'2400 west, there is a jungle temple. At the top left corner, there is just a hole. no lihzahrd door, no temple key needed, just a hole.

Last edited:
There is a seed that has a Grantie Biome with Marble Biome on the Surface at the snow biome at the left.
Seed: 589049253
Small, Normal, Crimson.
There is a rare chance, that a Explosive Trap spawn near a the giant tree.
Capture 2017-03-31 07_28_35.png
Capture 2017-03-31 07_30_17.png

There is a seed that has a Grantie Biome with Marble Biome on the Surface at the snow biome at the left.
Seed: 589049253
Small, Normal, Crimson.
There is a rare chance, that a Explosive Trap spawn near a the giant tree. View attachment 164362 View attachment 164363
EDIT: If you are in Mac, The Granite Biome will be NOT in the Surface, but Marble Biome still exist. There is a Cave at the Left that contains some starter Chest and Good Loots.
Capture 2017-04-07 07_14_23.png
Capture 2017-04-07 07_14_23.png
On MAC: Marble Biome, No Granite Biome

Small,Crimson,1818018333

I created an account because I HAD TO POST THIS SEMI AMAZING SEED.

Crimson Biomes: Positioned at the far left before the dungeon, semi close together making it easy to contain for hardmode.
Pyramid: Pharaoh's Curse...
Dungeon: All balled up, allowing easier travel, also has the Murasma, so if you need the Night's Edge you don't need to fish! Also has all 3 wall types so that's cool.
Jungle: FLOWER BOOOOOOOOOOOTS FOR FREE B8. Not telling you where they are though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 8.32.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 8.32.08 AM.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 1,677
Large, Normal, Corruption, 127266982

the Temple's door is not in the entrance corridor.
105600_20170307124255_1c.png TEditXna_2017-04-21_11-22-49i.png

fixed bugs:

Terraria version 1.3.4.4 generated a pillar of dirt above the desert.
1344-desert.png 1.3.4.4 1351-desert.png 1.3.5.1

Terraria version 1.3.4.4 generated the dungeon differently when a seed was entered, compared to initial generation.
1344-blankseed.png generated without entering a seed, then the seed was copied to clipboard. (in this image the world has been played in, so you'll see doors opened, pots smashed, one bewitching table was taken, teleporter and wire was added at entrance.)
1344-seed-copied.png generated with seed pasted from clipboard
1351-seed.png generated with seed in version 1.3.5.1

Large, Normal, Corruption, 127266982

the Temple's door is not in the entrance corridor.
fixed bugs:
Terraria version 1.3.4.4 generated a pillar of dirt above the desert.
Terraria version 1.3.4.4 generated the dungeon differently when a seed was entered, compared to initial generation.
generated without entering a seed, then the seed was copied to clipboard. (in this image the world has been played in, so you'll see doors opened, pots smashed, one bewitching table was taken, teleporter and wire was added at entrance.)
generated with seed pasted from clipboard
generated with seed in version 1.3.5.1
Interessting attemp to compare same seeds at different version. Good idea.

I maybe also found some new type of cabin. Havn't seen something like this before
strange_cave.png
strange_cave2.png

A cabin like this in the sand of the ocean.
Seed (the version number): 1.3.5
(small, expert, crimson)
it also has a pyramid, Enchanted Sword Shrine, two giant trees (without hole :()

EDIT: I tested it again at a linux system (instead windows). There you get a different world with a dungeon entrance in forest and filled with water. So in future we might add the OS to the seed, because Win, Linux and Mac get different worlds with same seeds.

Someone know if the also happens for different versions of one OS, e.g. Win 8 and Win 10?

EDIT2: Tested some more, it's quite common. So nothing rare about.

Last edited:
A rare painting in the Dungeon (The Creation of the Guide). I haven't looked for anything else.
Seed: 27575941 (large,crimson)
27575941 (large,crimson).png

Seed: 1226078644
Small, Normal, Random. (RNG chose Crimson)

I was originally looking for iron/lead bars, in order to craft the items for the Destroyer and Skeletron Prime, but went off track when looking at this loot at the enterence of the jungle temple.

77F7B4C1719494CDC17F28BFBD232600B4FD3893

win7, 1.3.5.3, small, seed: Specular Fish Cog
dont work. Can you create a world with this seed?

----
Something else:
Shall we create a new thread for 1.3.5.3? Those seeds from most posts above don't work anymore.

EDIT: I asked a Mod without response, so I created a new one for 1.3.5.3 but it got closed by another Mod. So the answer is No :), so stick to this one.

I posted there a list of ~120 seed of maps which have a pyramid or something else interesting. All maps are small size.

Last edited:
I don't know why but recently small worlds started to generate very badly, either too high or too low, with dungeons in space or with harpies attacking your spawn point during invasions cause it's so high... spawning often in snow biome etc...

There should be some rules affecting biomes where player spawns, affecting corruption/crimson not generating near the jungle etc...

Anyone has pretty nice small corruption world without big anomalies and including pyramid?

win7, 1.3.5.3, small, seed: Specular Fish Cog
dont work. Can you create a world with this seed?
You're not providing enough information with your seeds.

You have to specify a size (small/medium/large), evil type (corruption/crimson), and difficulty (normal/expert) in addition to the seed for it to be of use to anyone else.

The table you posted in the other thread is missing size and difficulty for each one.

We're still investigating differences between 1.3.4.x and 1.3.5.x generation from seed.

You have to specify a size (small/medium/large), evil type (corruption/crimson), and difficulty (normal/expert) in addition to the seed for it to be of use to anyone else.

The table you posted in the other thread is missing size and difficulty for each one.

We're still investigating differences between 1.3.4.x and 1.3.5.x generation from seed.

I have a question. Does the seed determine if it's corruption or crimson? Because i tried to put my 9-digit phone number as seed and it was created 20 times as a crimson world... Then i created 1st random seed world and it was corruption...

I wrote above the table that all maps are small and expert. Evil type has only a small impact. Havn't seen any for difficulty. EDIT: it has e.g. like the kind of statues

And for seed: "Specular Fish Cog" (without "") I can pick any evil type or difficulty. It won't create the map. "Slime Platform Worm" and "Shadowbeam Staff Mug" also don't work (at small map, Win7, 1.3.5.3, any evil type and difficulty).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did another run of 500 small (expert, win7, 1.3.5.3, random evil type) maps. First run is in this thread. Now I only recored really good or really rare maps and those with 2 Pyramids.
If your aim is to get a Pyraimd, Giant Trees, sword shrines, Water bolt, 3 Clouds, then out of all 1000 (small, expert) maps the best maps are:

If Text seed don't work for you, try with number seed.
Number Seed | Text Seed | Cr/Co | p | P | s | S | t | t* | T | C | D | W | comment
373458486 | cleanly gibberish | R | | B | | 1 | | | 1 | 3 | G | 1 | PSTCW! Sp near Sand; Mush near
2117655219 | Crimtane Brick Ruby | B | | B | | 1 | | | 2 | 3 | P | | PSTC! B at Snow side encapsulated by D and Granite; B blocks D entrance; Sp between 2 T; close to A, Fw, Sw, UGD, C, P: P exit close to JD
1702746473 | encode simplified | R | | B | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | B | | PSTC! , high dungeon close to ocean, spawn close to t, D chest
1443056526 | imperial | B* | | C | 1 | * | 1 | | 1 | 3 | B | | T near spawn with 4 cabin 2 chests (Magic Mirror) one Sword!, water near spawn, B only Snow Side, 3 heart crystals not far away, B don't work for you, try with R
1936930810 | liberal | B | | B | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | G | | PSTC! Spawn in S close to 2 C, T trough P, B only J side; nearly no normal F
600194362 | liberty dragged | B | | C | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | P | | P blocks UGD entrance; PSTC!; spawn between t and T, A near
456431085 | Honey Work Bench Cog | R | | B | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | G | | PSTC! D water; R only S side; Sp near Fw, UGD, T; T with HC, A, at exit Hermes, 3 HC, Marble, Granit near
667683276 | Skeleton Banner Wire | B | | C | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | B | | PSTC! 3 hive near surface; Sp near UGD, B, Bsnow; near Fw, C
2141304789 | Rope Coil Chik Rope | R | | BC | 1 | | 1 | | 1 | 3 | B | | PPTC; Sp flat surface; Fw, Jw, Snow not far
107853191 | Pixie Dust M' Statue | B | | B | | 1 | | 1 | 1 | 2 | B | 1 | PSTW! Only new ores; High D, chest, near ocean; B small but 3, only Snow side; Sp between t and T, Fw near; A in T, 2 HC 3Chest near; Staff of Regrowth near P exit
1767202651 | Lavafall Wall Lever | B | | C | | 1 | | | 1 | 2 | G | 1 | PSTW!, Spawn near T t, T exit HC; B only J side; Strange hole in JD (no entrance)
246784542 | countries atheism | R | | B | | 1 | | | 1 | 1 | P | 1 | PSTW!, Spawn near T, Fw, Snow (water), A, c; T hermes exit; R only snow side
184974582 | Bat Statue Toxikarp | R | M | | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | B | 1 | pSTCW; Sp between t and T, near UGD, Snow, Altar; ocean with wall behind 4 chests, 5 statues (4 good), UGD cabin; D water;
Here some other maps, which might be usefull in some situation:

Number Seed | Text Seed | Cr/Co | p | P | s | S | t | t* | T | C | D | W | comment
1383858717 | neural lousy | B | | C | 1 | | 1 | | 1 | 3 | G | | Spawn between T and t, not far away from 3 C(all items), large forest area, B only J side; water for Forest und Snow
993304144 | allege dustbin | R | | | | 1 | | | | 3 | B | | 3 C close together near spawn (with all items)
203401839 | Destroyer Mask Lens | R | | | | 1 | | | 1 | 2 | G | | High cavern; very high JD, with chest (solar Tablet); Spawn near T, 2C, c, A, Fw, Sw, many chests, Mush biome, Snow, UGD; Granite at surface with chest
116770485 | Frozen Lantern Bench | B | | | 1 | | | | | 3 | G | | you can enter JD at 2 points without key; D entrance blocked by B; Sp near Sw, UGD, C
823673937 | fining construction | R | | | 1 | | | | | 3 | P | | 1 hive at surface, 3 slightly below; R only Snow Side; UDG near spawn
1989097551 | Hellstone Brick Ruby | B | M | B | 1 | | 2 | | | 3 | P | | 2P close together; D water, 5 high Hives; Sp close t, 2C, UGD, Fw, A
662027225 | Penguin Cage Seed | B | | | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | G | | B completly encapsulated by D; SP near T, C, Sw
261836377 | streets | R | M | | 1 | | | | | 3 | P | | Sp near Fwater. Sw, altar not far below; high ocean;
851895905 | graphs attracting | B | | | 1 | | 1 | | | 2 | G | | very high t near spawn, spawn in snow, c close to spawn
Here some maps which have some rare map creation artefacts:
This stuff happend in 1000 maps 3 times or less

651197354 | raid nodes assign | B | M | | | 1 | | | 2 | 3 | G | | Ocean on top of D; 2T close to Spawn at one side
2017732699 | Swordfish The Season | R | | | 1 | | 1 | | 1 | 3 | G | 1 | Spawn in mid of J, J contact to Snow; high D, chest
1452717027 | Spiky Ball Water Gun | B | | | 1 | | 1 | | | 3 | B | 1 | D in UGD, open, if fast you can get golden key, golden chest, alchemy and Bewitch
1225703148 | heels bias bag | B | | | 1 | | 2 | | | 3 | B | | c out of water, higher dungeon, close to ocean, D chest
819615675 | havoc brakes | R | | | 1 | | | | | 2 | G | 1 | ocean nearly out of water, forest on top
1141513013 | legitimate baffles | R | | | 1 | | | | | 3 | P | 1 | D higher, contact to C; D chest
703482751 | inefficiency | R | | | 1 | | 1 | | 1 | 1 | B | 1 | higher dungeon close to granite at surface, spawn between t and T, R only jungle side
28008670 | headlines responded | B | | C | 1 | | 2 | | | 3 | P | | high dungeon,ocean, D contact to Owater, D deep; B contact to JD; D chest
1185609032 | tip sped paranoia | R | M | | | 1 | 1 | | 1 | 3 | G | | Dungeon entrance holes
382209517 | clarified | R | | | 1 | | 1 | | 1 | 3 | P | | s in mid of T
If you don't know the meaning her some used shortcuts:

B | Corruption
R | Crimson
p | pyramid with Pharaoh's Mask (M)
P | pyramid with Bottle (B) or Carpet (C)
s | Sword shrine (fake)
S | Sword shrine (real), sometimes also used for snow Biome, or Spawn
t | giant Tree
t* | giant Tree with hole
T | giant Tree with hole and chest
C | Floating Islands, Clouds, with chests
c | Floating Islands, Clouds, with water
D | Dungeon
P | Pink Dungeon
B | Blue Dungeon
G | Green Dungeon
W | water bolt, sometimes used for water
F | Forrest
J | Jungle
O | Ocean
JD | Jungle Temple
UGD | Underground Desert
Sp | Spawn
HC | Crystal Heart
A | Altar
Fw | fishing water in Forest biome
Sw | fishing water in Snow biome
Jw | fishing water in Jungle biome
More map seeds in attached zipped html file
ResultsCompleteOutOf1000_500eachP_500eachPP_andRare_orGood_numberSeed.zip

My favourite is seed "imperial" (small, expert, corruption). It has a pyramid and a giant Tree, it only has a fake Enchanted Sword Shrine. But! with some luck Arkhalis can be your first weapon. There is one very close to your Spawn:
ESwordNearSpawn.png

EDIT: It seems that it don't work all the time for some reason the statue and enchanted shrine changed to something else. Now I only get the other stuff :(. Please write me if you get the enchanted sword or as I now the sunflower statue.
EDIT2: if I pick Crimson now instead of Corruption I get a sword shrine again but a Unicorn statue.
EDIT3: Added number seed for those where text seed has different result

Attachments

• ResultsCompleteOutOf1000_500eachP_500eachPP_andRare_orGood_numberSeed.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
I wrote above the table that all maps are small and expert. Evil type has only a small impact. Havn't seen any for difficulty.

And for seed: "Specular Fish Cog" (without "") I can pick any evil type or difficulty. It won't create the map. "Slime Platform Worm" and "Shadowbeam Staff Mug" also don't work (at small map, Win7, 1.3.5.3, any evil type and difficulty).
I think you (and others) are misinterpreting the intent of the use of world seeds with this feature.

If you've generated a world (using random seed), and it turns out to have interesting properties, you can then share the seed that was generated along with the other properties that you selected for that world (size, evil, difficulty), and another person could use that information to generate a world that is substantially the same. All 4 pieces of information are needed to do that.

If instead, you are starting with a seed plucked from thin air (a phone number, a random phrase), and seeing what comes out of that, then the results are indeterminate. It's not how the feature was intended to be used, I don't believe (perhaps @Leinfors can elaborate on that).

I did try your "Specular Fish Cog" example, with all 4 permuations of evil/difficulty, and as you found, it didn't work - the world gen hung up during the Jungle Ruins part and I had to Alt-F4 out of it. Are you saying that this phrase generated a valid world seed before 1.3.5? I searched the forum and didn't find where you had posted this anywhere. Is it not possible that that phrase (and the others you noted) simply do not translate into a valid numerical seed? I admit that I have no idea how that translation is done within the game.

Corruption and crimson have significant differences in how they are generated. They aren't just recolors of each other - they vary greatly in shape and depth, and affect large areas of every world. To say that the choice makes little difference seems counter intuitive to me.

If only the seed mattered for world gen, then wouldn't it make sense to ask for that first, then dispense with asking about the other 3 parts? I understand that Minecraft and perhaps other games will completely generate a world solely from a seed, but I don't think that's the intent for Terraria.

I think you (and others) are misinterpreting the intent of the use of world seeds with this feature.

If you've generated a world (using random seed), and it turns out to have interesting properties, you can then share the seed that was generated along with the other properties that you selected for that world (size, evil, difficulty), and another person could use that information to generate a world that is substantially the same. All 4 pieces of information are needed to do that.

If instead, you are starting with a seed plucked from thin air (a phone number, a random phrase), and seeing what comes out of that, then the results are indeterminate. It's not how the feature was intended to be used, I don't believe (perhaps @Leinfors can elaborate on that).
Ye, it's indeterminate but the result could be a map with some interesting properties. Using words was just to make it easier to share.

Are you saying that this phrase generated a valid world seed before 1.3.5?
I rephrased my post. The intended meaning was that a seed for 1.3.4 result in 1.3.5.3 in a complete different map.

Is it not possible that that phrase (and the others you noted) simply do not translate into a valid numerical seed? I admit that I have no idea how that translation is done within the game.
Don't think so, over 1000 other worked. I believe there is a bug in Terraria code somewhere. EDIT: There is an option, if the entered text is not a valid number, it gets the hashcode of this variable. This is always a valid number as a seed but doesn't need to be the same at each PC (OS). Its not the reason for not working map generation but for another bug.

Corruption and crimson have significant differences in how they are generated. They aren't just recolors of each other - they vary greatly in shape and depth, and affect large areas of every world. To say that the choice makes little difference seems counter intuitive to me.
But only in the corrupted or crimsoned area. All blocks which are neither corrupted or crimsoned at any chosen evil type are the same (so about >80% of the map are completely the same blocks).

If only the seed mattered for world gen, then wouldn't it make sense to ask for that first, then dispense with asking about the other 3 parts?
Never wrote that, only that the evil type has a much much much less impact at the world than the change of a single digit in your seed. The normal and expert version of a map is at least 99% the same. EDIT: Thats wrong, difficulty seems to have some impact see below

EDIT: I'm sorry, difficulty has an influence! Blocks seems equal but the loot like the kind of statues or enchanted sword stones (not in a shrine) are different. But there seem to be something else which has an impact.

Btw: If you like numbers more:
912559245 (small size world)
95738901 (small size world)
1140076220 (small size world)
927913056 (mid size world)
those don't work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom