PC SHARE YOUR MAP SEED [PC 1.3.4 & beyond]

I have a question, that is to do with mods, but I don't know where to put it, so i'll put it here.
Do mods that modify world-gen (Calamity, Thorium, that type of thing) affect seeds?
Edit: I seem to have found the answer myself, no it does not unless a structure generated by the mod overlaps the interesting feature of a seed. Just ignore this.
Edit 2 (Electric boogaloo): A vanilla seed in a modded world will have the same worldgen, except for changes that the mod adds, from my experience. A modded seed put in a vanilla world may be completely different, though (Cannot verify as haven't tried a modded seed in a vanilla world.)

Last edited:
I have a question, that is to do with mods, but I don't know where to put it, so i'll put it here.
Do mods that modify world-gen (Calamity, Thorium, that type of thing) affect seeds?
Edit: I seem to have found the answer myself, no it does not unless a structure generated by the mod overlaps the interesting feature of a seed. Just ignore this.
Edit 2 (Electric boogaloo): A vanilla seed in a modded world will have the same worldgen, except for changes that the mod adds, from my experience. A modded seed put in a vanilla world may be completely different, though (Cannot verify as haven't tried a modded seed in a vanilla world.)
Depends at the content of the mod. If you like you can create a mod which generates a total different world. But the mods I checked so far all create there content after the end of vanilla world gen. They overwrite existing structures. There might be some exception for mini biomes. But for most mods the vanilla seed and the modded seed look very similar at most parts. However the seed function is bugged. There are some seed for vanilla which are unstable. They can generate slightly different worlds each time you generate the world. In most cases minecart tracks, giant trees, hives, enchanted sword shrines are at different location. Also the dungeon can have different variations with the same seed but you can generate the exact same variation again after some trials. Sometime also the location of an evil biome is different. This can also lead to reduced count of pyramids or living trees.
At the other hand there are stable seeds which always look equal no matter how often you generate it.
Somehow those kind of variations and if a seed is stable or not can be different in the vanilla version and the t-mod version (without any mods).

But in most cases you can find a variation of a seed in vanilla to be equal to a variation of a seed in the t-mod version (as long no mod changed world gen).

(bugged) World gen can also depend at the worlds you generated before. E.g. generate a mid size world first and after this generate a small world. You end up with some floating islands missing their chest cabins.

on the west is a living tree with a hole and a room, if u go to the hole u will find an easy cavern entrance with hermes, if u pass the desert theres a pyramid with the bottle.

pretty cool and neat seed right?

Depends at the content of the mod. If you like you can create a mod which generates a total different world. But the mods I checked so far all create there content after the end of vanilla world gen. They overwrite existing structures. There might be some exception for mini biomes. But for most mods the vanilla seed and the modded seed look very similar at most parts. However the seed function is bugged. There are some seed for vanilla which are unstable. They can generate slightly different worlds each time you generate the world. In most cases minecart tracks, giant trees, hives, enchanted sword shrines are at different location. Also the dungeon can have different variations with the same seed but you can generate the exact same variation again after some trials. Sometime also the location of an evil biome is different. This can also lead to reduced count of pyramids or living trees.
At the other hand there are stable seeds which always look equal no matter how often you generate it.
Somehow those kind of variations and if a seed is stable or not can be different in the vanilla version and the t-mod version (without any mods).

But in most cases you can find a variation of a seed in vanilla to be equal to a variation of a seed in the t-mod version (as long no mod changed world gen).

(bugged) World gen can also depend at the worlds you generated before. E.g. generate a mid size world first and after this generate a small world. You end up with some floating islands missing their chest cabins.
Good to know. Thanks for clarifying.

While fooling around with silly seed names, I've accidentally stumbled on a really unique one.
conk (large)
Yep, just conk, all lowercase. It features on the left side: three pyramids that poke out of the sand with all items, four floating islands with all items, one of them is reachable off the top of a hill with jumping gear, the other two are right next to each other over the jungle, the jungle comes before the desert, there's also a living loom near spawn. On the right side, there's all corruption biomes (crimson spawns on the left side of the jungle, right above the temple) and floating lakes.
I have also found water walking boots at one point, as well as flower boots and a fiberglass fishing pole in the jungle. There's also a lava charm in the marble under the temple.
The only downside is that the jungle is smack dab in the path of a post-WoF evil/hallow strip, which might make things tough with Plantera, though the temple on the left side of the jungle might be safe.

Also, odd terrain geometry at places, like a perfectly rectangular cliff on the left side.
It's a decent map for mods like Calamity or Thorium which add biomes under the ocean, as nothing particularly noteworthy is there.

View attachment upload_2018-7-9_14-12-29.png

EDIT: fixed a couple of things and added a picture.

Last edited:
This is a nice map with lots of interesting features:
jigglypuff (Large, Crimson, Expert)

Features: Lots of living trees, one on a hill; strange ocean development on right-hand-side of map; underground pyramid near antlion nest; jungle with a large open cavern; fairly flat land; 15-20 ocean chests obviously scattered around the map and 2 obvious enchanted sword shrines, both not fake.

I found a seed with 2 pyramids:
Large, Expert, Crimson

==/11&£$%⚡⚡⚡

One has the pharaoh suit, and one has the sandstorm in a bottle.
Go right to find both, the left has a living tree. Dungeon to the right.

I found one that has 3 living trees one has an underground house with a cloud in a bottle and there is a corrupt island which is weird because its a crimson world.
The seed is: GoodSeedPlz (Large, Crimson, Normal)

This one turned out kind of interesting... My biggest complaint being that the spawn point is in the snow biome...

Seed: Hyrule
World Type: Large, Crimson, Expert

Notable features:
3 pyramids, 2 visible at surface, 1 visible in main entrance of ant-lion nest
3 tree of life, one of which is hollow and it's roots extend into the ant-lion nest, and one that is the smallest I've ever seen.
4 enchanted sword shrines, 1 with enchanted sword
7 floating islands, 3 of them sky-lakes, on the other 4, 2 of them have chests with "Massive Starfury" (yes both with same modifier, according to TEdit), one with Intrepid Shiny Red Balloon, one with Warding Lucky Horseshoe
4 patches of crimson, one in the jungle, one on far edge of jungle, one at edge of ocean jungle-side, one between dungeon and ocean

Changing this to a Corruption world, most of these features remain the same, except that 2 of the enchanted sword shrines now have enchanted swords in them... Not sure if this is controlled by Seeding? Also, the dungeon seems to be quite a bit larger in the Corruption version...
:sigh:Dude. the shrines are random. The seed has nothing to do with it. It just depends what the game wants to do.

:sigh:Dude. the shrines are random. The seed has nothing to do with it. It just depends what the game wants to do.
It has. The seed sets each sword shrine to a predefined position and set it as fake or with enchanted sword. You can generate a world with same seed 100 times with the same shrine location and amount of enchanted swords at each world gen. Only if you break the enchanted sword (which is not a fake one) it will be random if you get the normal enchanted sword or Arkhalis.
But current version of Terraria has some bugged world gen. Some seed generate multiple slightly different worlds. With this you can have different sword shrine locations and amount for one seed. But often not more than two variations possible.
So they bound it to the seed but due to bugs in can have a variation for some seed but this is not intended afaik.

Last edited:
I went over to my ocean an this was there

upload_2018-9-22_16-52-54.png

Top of spoiler

Then i pulled up TEdit and i saw this

Here is the seed for the world: 2020764112

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-22_16-51-16.png
    upload_2018-9-22_16-51-16.png
    281 KB · Views: 1,241
I went over to my ocean an this was there

Then i pulled up TEdit and i saw this

Here is the seed for the world: 2020764112
Also found some of those, like small expert, 100161724. But you got a very extreme form of missing ocean.
A seed also needs the world size and to be exact also the difficulty and evil biome if chosen. As far as I know this seed also will only work at PC and not Console.
There is also a thread about "special" seeds (for PC):
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/share-your-map-seed-pc-1-3-4-beyond.51428/
Hi @skellyman4, I moved your post into this thread about sharing map seeds. @Unftf, I brought your reply with it. :)

I don't know how to generate world seeds, but I just generated the strangest world I've ever encountered! I was just trying to dig dungeon brick. It's not too unusual for me to spawn in the snow biome, or right next to the desert, but I just made a large world where the spawn point map center was a jungle biome. Furthermore, travelling right a few dozen blocks, the jungle biome merged abruptly into snow. Never seen anything like it!

It's a corruption world. Four large living trees, one of which goes through a corruption chasm, and a pyramid.

Last edited:
Fun seed for a small, crimson normal world. 1224689814
unknown.png

Right side dungeon is merged with a sky island and the left side ocean contains 5 water chests.
I only explored the surface/ dungeon

So I just made ONE world for my singleplayer playthrough and came across this REALLY unique seed. Lots of interesting generation (and loot!)

Seed: 1096926727, Vanilla, Expert, Corruption, Large. Haven't tried with crimson or normal yet, but it's probably still fine with them.

Features: 4 Sword Shrines on surface (ALL fake for me, but it's different for everyone.)
A pyramid in an absolutely TINY desert. SO TINY that the pyramid is basically 70% of it. The pyramid also digs into the jungle. It has arcane sandstorm in a bottle.
An open-topped granite biome in the jungle (I believe due to a minecart rail)
A Living Tree with Loom.
The Right side ocean is only 10 blocks deep the entire way, and is going to be overtaken by corruption.
There is a marble biome digging into the underworld, also with a minecart rail in it.
Free Waterbolt Before Skeletron.
3 Islands and 1 lake on both sides. One of the lakes will literally overflow with 1 more bucket of water...

Screenshot_631.png

OH! And my PERSONAL FAVOURITE, EXTREMELY RARE FEATURE GEN:

A Living tree CUT OFF by an UNDERGROUND HOUSE in THE SURFACE:

Screenshot_632.png

Other weird features:

Screenshot_633.png Jungle House in Marble Biome.png The Worst Corruption EVER.png The Most Useless Underworld House.png How did that get there!.png Granite Dungeon.png

There's more such as a completely vertical 3-layered house but I'll not put them all here. I must say, this is a sure weird seed.

Back
Top Bottom