Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

5 words: Nymph banner on first kill

also not terraria related but I once got an unusual through unboxing in tf2

Bite me

I've got a plantera bulb in my own underground jungle. I'm not sure if it's good or bad luck..

P.S.
Day 418; Still no scorpions.

My Crimson spawned in a Desert, and now that I started hardmode, the Hallowed cleansed the Crimson in a way that I can get Light and Dark mummie in the same place.

EDIT, got both shards within a minute for Dao, thanks RNG

Last edited:
Gets full scarecrow vanity during first pumpkin moon but gets no other vanity till my 16th pumpkin moon

rainbow rod on first ever spectral elemental (ipod)
but now i cant find a nature's gift! i created 3 other worlds trying to get one, but no luck.
(2 minutes later) well :red: me then, i just got one.

Last edited:
I'm gonna assume that it doesn't matter if it's good or bad, so here's my bad. According to my banners, I've already killed 7,000 Lihzards and no Lizard Egg. I have fought more Plantera then I can count and yet no Axe. My brother and I were randomly fighting a Pirate Invasion and he gets the Coin Gun. But I've gotten all the Key Molds and a bunch of other stuff so I probably shouldn't be complaining.

*walking around in Hell like a happy chappy, Armoured Skeleton drops from the roof and marches towards me*

*out of nowhere, I remember that Armoured Skeletons can drop beam swords*

*Armoured Skeleton drops Beam Sword when I kill it*

Similar (but less coincidental) things have happened before; I swear I have a psychic connection with this game.

1. Managed to get enough Orichalcum to get a drill, which was a pain with all the doom turtles
  2. Titanium was somehow more common than Orichalcum
  3. Got both Ice Sickle and Frost Staff within a minute of each other
  4. first Frost Staff was Adept, found another one a day later, it was Mystic
  5. Dual Hook, Masterful Magic Dagger, and Cross Necklace within 30 minutes in the Jungle
  6. Ice Bow and Frost Flower on the same day
  7. Reforged Frost Flower to Mythical for like, 1 gold
  8. Giant Harpy Feather the moment I go for Souls of Flight
  9. Crafted Dao of Pow
  10. Not many ways to get Souls of Night in my world for Worm, moment I kill something, Mechanical Worm.
  11. Frozen Turtle Shell after I walk in Underground Snow to farm for it
  12. 3 Turtle Shells before I even had Cobalt
  13. Recently crafted The Plan
  14. 50+ Souls of Light
  15. 1 Frost Core TT.TT
  16. Can't find Stickers for Golden Shower
  17. saw mythical Pigrons
  18. Has Bezoar and Megaphone, along with The Plan for Ankh Charm
  19. CAN'T GET NAZARS FROM DAMN SKULLS

when i beat the WoF, the hallow spawned in front of the original corruption, blocking it from me. the new corruption is blocked by snow.

The two last chars I started started with legendary copper shoftswords.

As for the RNG, I get 3-4 hallow keymolds before Rod of Discord on PC. Not just the first time.
On PC, the Rod of Discord is so rare for me that it's almost useless to farm for it. It just won't drop.

On the PS3 version, virtually every powerful weapon drop or craft through my entire multi-episode playthrough was Godly or Mystic. I'm not even kidding. And if it didn't drop Godly, I reforged it 2-3 times and it became Godly/Mystic/whatever appropriate.
Godly Staff of Earth, etc.
Then I defeated Plantera first time, and he dropped a Mythical Pygmy Staff. I create a Terra Blade.. from a Godly True Night's Edge.

The PC version does not seem to drop Demon Scythes for me at all. We're talking several hours several days of straight farming.

On PS3, Blood Moons happened almost every 3rd night, sometimes several nights in a row. Then suddenly I got a Blood Moon + Eclipse + Blood Moon in a row or something.

As for the Slime Staff.. I've played Terraria for years, and that includes slime farms. Never have I gotten a slime staff.
Then suddenly I play the PS3 version in 2014, and it literally just drops casually when I'm building an arena for Plantera, by a Toxic Sludge.

Last edited:
This doesn't have too much to do with RNG specifically, but it's something I really wanted to share.

So I started a new playthrough, and I wanted to go scout the jungle to make sure it was clean and pure. In order to get there though, I had to travel through the corruption, and I was only armed with a boomerang and a blowpipe. I wasn't going to let my lack of a decent weapon stop me though, and I headed off anyway. This is what went through my head right before I died:

"I'm doing pretty well, I think I might make it to the other side!"
"Crud, I fell into a chasm and now I'm going to die"
"Wait, there's water at the bottom to break my fall!"
"...And the water pool is too deep... now I'm going to drown"
"But wait, there's a water chest down here!"
"And the treasure is... a beach ball..."
"Hold on, there's also a stack of bombs in it. I could use them to get to the shadow orb before I die a horrible painful death!"

In the end I drowned... but I also got a cool gun out of it! That's a win, right?

Back
Top Bottom