Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

I started a new character and started digging downwards. A bat flew to a random pool of lava. It dropped the Chain Knifes. Miracukously, the Knifes didn't drop in the lava but right beside it. The Chain Knives were Godly.

I once found three Water Bolts in one Dungeon. They were all Godly as well.

I never got the Rod of Discort. Nor have I ever even seen a Truffle Worm. I also never got any of the swords from Moon Lord, I have killed him like 15 times now.

The Axe on 1st plantera kill on multiplayer
Eater of bone on first eow kill , again on multiplayer
I'm not sure if it's good luck or not but 5 blood moons in a row
And to compensate about all that I've never ever found a water bolt in the dungeon entrance.

Oh, I remember another one!
Guess what happens every single time I start building?
upload_2016-9-14_14-32-14.png

A freaking Goblin Invasion happens!

> A bat appear in underworld
> I kill the bat;
> The bat dropped a Guide Voodoo Doll in lava
> Wall of Flesh was awoken

I was playing with a few friends, and being the legitimate 12vie that I was at the time (time flies, I'm now officially a 12vie who think's he's old and mature because he's got a few extra years), I cheated in a slime staff on the 3rd day and claimed to have found it. The first enemy that the slime minion killed dropped another slime staff. I disposed of the cheated one and never told anybody that I'd replaced it.

Last edited:
So...I was trying to get the pocket mirror from Medusa.
It's taking more than an hour, and decided to up the spawnrate with a water candle.

When I got the water candle, I need to go to the Ice biome to reach the marble biome again.

3 Ice golems spawned, all three dropping an Ice Feather. before I could even go to the cave.

But that's not even the worst part, in the Ice cave. I killed 1 Ice tortoise that dropped the Frozen Turtle Shell and Ice Sickle at once.
upload_2016-9-16_16-25-20.png

I don't even know how this can happen while I actually just wanted a pocket mirror. :/

So...I was trying to get the pocket mirror from Medusa.
It's taking more than an hour, and decided to up the spawnrate with a water candle.

When I got the water candle, I need to go to the Ice biome to reach the marble biome again.

3 Ice golems spawned, all three dropping an Ice Feather. before I could even go to the cave.

But that's not even the worst part, in the Ice cave. I killed 1 Ice tortoise that dropped the Frozen Turtle Shell and Ice Sickle at once.
View attachment 139532

I don't even know how this can happen while I actually just wanted a pocket mirror. :/
uh The ice sickle drops from undead vikings not ice tortoises. But regardless the snow biome seems like it wants your attention lol.

My luck is insane! i got a slime staff on my 3rd slime kill, and cus i was new, i was about to bin it xD my friend stopped me tho :p

In the post-plantera dungeon, I'm trying to get the paladin's hammer as a melee character. I farmed over 10 paladins, which only gave me a few paladin shields. I died, then I went right back to the dungeon. First paladin I killed, gave me.... a Godly Paladin's Hammer. Then the next one, gave me YET ANOTHER Godly Paladin's Hammer! I raged so hard lol

In the post-plantera dungeon, I'm trying to get the paladin's hammer as a melee character. I farmed over 10 paladins, which only gave me a few paladin shields. I died, then I went right back to the dungeon. First paladin I killed, gave me.... a Godly Paladin's Hammer. Then the next one, gave me YET ANOTHER Godly Paladin's Hammer! I raged so hard lol
You must be quite lucky if you thought you could get a Paladins Hammer after just 10 kills. :p

You must be quite lucky if you thought you could get a Paladins Hammer after just 10 kills. :p
Well not really, it's a 10% drop chance so it's likely to drop after only a few. What was the RNG was that I didn't get any hammers but 4 shields lol... Then I just got 2 GODLY Paladin's Hammer.

From the Wiki:

But yeah, it's kinda odd luck.

meanwhile I'm 100+ Medusas further and still no sign of a pocket mirror :sigh:
Oh well you learn something new every day... as for the situation it can be expected by applying the law of RNG trolls you.
Take for instance my long quest to get a frozen turtle shell in 1.2 I killed who knows how many Tortoise's (got a bunch of banners though) however once the hallow enchached by farming area boom a Rod of Discord droped(the item desired of a previous abandoned loot quest)

And of course once I finally got the shell RNG dropped another and then another -__-

Still it is nothing compared to my 1.2 quest to obtain a Nettleburst(I love wall hack weapons they kill those spore flinging fungus bulbs) at least 50 kills later it still hadn't dropped but I could finally say I had everything else drop first -_-

Well not really, it's a 10% drop chance so it's likely to drop after only a few. What was the RNG was that I didn't get any hammers but 4 shields lol... Then I just got 2 GODLY Paladin's Hammer.
Ah...you're doing expert mode, I forgot that it buffed droprates for a sec.
Oh well you learn something new every day... as for the situation it can be expected by applying the law of RNG trolls you.
Take for instance my long quest to get a frozen turtle shell in 1.2 I killed who knows how many Tortoise's (got a bunch of banners though) however once the hallow enchached by farming area boom a Rod of Discord droped(the item desired of a previous abandoned loot quest)

And of course once I finally got the shell RNG dropped another and then another -__-

Still it is nothing compared to my 1.2 quest to obtain a Nettleburst(I love wall hack weapons they kill those spore flinging fungus bulbs) at least 50 kills later it still hadn't dropped but I could finally say I had everything else drop first -_-
Yeah...I remember how tedious it took to get my first Frozen Turtle Shell...not fun times.

Back when I first started playing terraria the Eye of Cthulhu spawned and I wasn't really prepared for it yet, during the battle I was about to die and a fallen star came and hit the Eye of Cthulhu killing it for me. I was so confused when it happened.

Back when I first started playing terraria the Eye of Cthulhu spawned and I wasn't really prepared for it yet, during the battle I was about to die and a fallen star came and hit the Eye of Cthulhu killing it for me. I was so confused when it happened.
Apparently one of my friends had a star hit the Dungeon Guardian while he was fighting it. Didn't make much of a difference, but still.

I was farming Eater of Souls for Ancient Shadow armor. It takes me over seventeen hundred to finally get a complete set, by which time I have six pairs of greaves, two helmets, and, at long last, one scalemail. I kill a couple dozen more, boom another scalemail.

Back
Top Bottom