Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

I was trying to get turtle shells on my mobile world. Before I even had one, I got a medicated bandage (which I had been looking for for a long time) from one of three werewolves I killed. At this point I had killed about 10+ turtles. After around 20 kills, still hadn't even gotten one shell. While trying to get to a turtle I saw, I killed a giant flying fox that was in the way. It dropped a Jungle Key Mold.

I was farming for the rod of discord and checked my inventory to see this:
IMG_0431.JPG

(The picture is blurry because I took it with my phone back in May)

I was farming for the rod of discord and checked my inventory to see this:
View attachment 179888
(The picture is blurry because I took it with my phone back in May)
Is that lucky or just frustrating that you got everything except the rod of discord? I once got a magma stone, two demon scythes, and almost two hundred living fire blocks, 2 magic daggers, a duel hook, a star cloak, and a cross necklace, before finally obtaining a single guide voodoo doll while farming the wall of flesh trying to obtain an avenger emblem (I was playing mobile, so it's crafted with all three of the basic emblems [sadly there is not a fourth yet, due to summoner not being an official class yet {do you use brackets and braces outside of math?}])
[doublepost=1502549005,1502548831][/doublepost]I was trying to craft a fire gauntlet, (or am trying because I still do not have an avenger emblem to combine with my power glove) so the magma stone was helpful

Is that lucky or just frustrating that you got everything except the rod of discord? I once got a magma stone, two demon scythes, and almost two hundred living fire blocks, 2 magic daggers, a duel hook, a star cloak, and a cross necklace, before finally obtaining a single guide voodoo doll while farming the wall of flesh trying to obtain an avenger emblem (I was playing mobile, so it's crafted with all three of the basic emblems [sadly there is not a fourth yet, due to summoner not being an official class yet {do you use brackets and braces outside of math?}])
[doublepost=1502549005,1502548831][/doublepost]I was trying to craft a fire gauntlet, (or am trying because I still do not have an avenger emblem to combine with my power glove) so the magma stone was helpful
IMG_0431.JPG
It's lucky because I got 2 rods (in case you did not notice them I circled them in the picture)

I have been playing Terraria mobile for a few years now and just got Terraria on my Mac. I had already gotten a few basic tools and thought, "Why not get an enchanted sword?" So I found a sword shrine and broke it. Got the Arkhalis first try.

On a MAGE playthrough, I get Toxicarp, Uzi, Coin Gun and Ice Sickle randomly. But alas, after 2+ hours of fishing in the hallow, still no Crystal Serpent...

I don't know if this counts as luck but I generated a new world (trying to get a cloud in a bottle) and the jungle temple spawned to where I could get in.
Screenshot_2017-08-21-13-23-23.png
Screenshot_2017-08-21-14-58-37.png
The top right was the entrance and the bottem middle was where the door was. The bottom right is where the altar was.

Arise, zombie thread!

Mine was probably that one time I got Mythical Shadowbeam Staff, Armored Armor Polish(lel) and Deadly Sniper Rifle all in one Dungeon trip.

Or when I killed a Hornet and got both the Ancient Cobalt Helmet and Chestplate?

Or how about that time I reeled in a Zephyr Fish thinking "this can't get any better" only to reel in a golden carp right after. A GOLDEN CARP.

That one time...

Last edited:
XRujU3t.png

"Oh, an Enchanted Sword. Pffft. Big deal. I've found millions of those things."

Yeah? Well, the difference between us... If I say it, I'm probably not exaggerating. I've probably ran into about a million of these things, by now. I've only ever found a fake once. ONCE. It's absurd. Could just be something about the way that Mobile works... I'll post this here just in case, though. With this one in particular though, I found ANOTHER real one literally a few blocks away.

And yet, when trying to fish up a Scaly Truffle, the game is just like "Hahahahahaha Nope." RNG, she is a fickle mistress. Sometimes, she gives you what you want... Other times, she screws you over.
*cough*Frost Moon*cough*

Last edited:
While working on a building project underground I encountered around eight lost girls. And some people say they're impossible to find...

This is a for-fun thread. Idea: post anything about when you were super lucky (or unlucky) from RNG, or even something that happened that was really lucky, unlucky, or just funny. Have fun!

My luckiest RNG moment: I went into the jungle to explore around. I killed 5 hornets and 2 of them gave me a bezoar. Wow.

On my 7th Demon kill ever: Mythical demon scythe
Luckiest moment for me, is finding 3 nymphs in a row, 2 of which were next to each other. That's about all I remember.

Holy balls, I finally got the Rod of Discord.

I was specifically grinding for it, yet I still didn't understand what I was seeing when it dropped. Wow. This is going to be so useful for building.

Edit: FIVE MINUTES LATER I GET ANOTHER ONE. Okay, now this is a post truly worthy of RNG luck. I've only killed 222 elementals on this world anyway.

Last edited:
Holy balls, I finally got the Rod of Discord.

I was specifically grinding for it, yet I still didn't understand what I was seeing when it dropped. Wow. This is going to be so useful for building.

Edit: FIVE MINUTES LATER I GET ANOTHER ONE. Okay, now this is a post truly worthy of RNG luck. I've only killed 222 elementals on this world anyway.
I've killed over 700 Chaos Elementals and STILL haven't got the RoD. I wish I was that lucky...

Back
Top Bottom