Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

I've gotten a Slime Staff within 2 minutes of making a slime farm on my Summoner play-through. Felt good to actually being able to attack things after not being able to for about an hour.

First Paladin I kill one morning dropped a Paladin's Hammer and the first Paladin's Shield I ever got had the Warding prefix.

First day on 1.2, solar eclipse on the 2nd sunrise. 4 broken hero swords and a Death Sickle. Needless to say, I switched to my hallowed melee gear nigh instantly.

Two voodoo demons at the same time?!
MYbBPT2.png

I'd have to say that my RNG luck is pretty good (albeit annoying);
Farmed crimson for key, that took about 3 days of 3 - 4 hour sessions. About 2 days after I get the key and the vampire knives molds are introduced, so going out to check all the new stuff I pass the crimson and on my first kill the mold drops.
A similar scenario would be when I crafted my beautiful Terra blade after days of trying to get hero swords and solar eclipse events. After crafting i ended up getting 3 more hero blades despite struggling to get even one most of the time.
So me being me i decided to craft more Terra blades and make more keys and just give them to my friends who were having a hard time getting them.

A lucky day one.
first i spawn on one of thoose lifted up pieces of land, wich is great for building (to me at least).
under the lifted bit is 3 wooden chests. one spear, a boomerang and another boomerang.
i then find a close to surface cabin with aglet and claws.
the hole where the cabin was became my mine, where i quickly find a magic mirror.
lots of ore, giving me a good helm, greaves and weapons.

end of day one.

3rd kill of Plantera, I got 'The Axe' :happy:

EDIT: Been playing Mobile Version and my first giant worm kill I got the apple :) Not 100% sure if its rare or not but I'm happy!

Last edited:
During my Moon runs, I obtained a Candy Corn Rifle and Elf Melter, both of which were unreal. Which makes me chuckle because this was on my Summoner, not my ranger.

First ice tortoise kill gave me a frozen turtle shell. And I even said to myself before I killed it, "What if this one turtle gave me a frozen turtle shell? That'd be awesome".

EDIT: Believe it or not, but the third pirate captain kill gave me a coin gun. No joke

So, I'm trying to get a shadowbeam staff on Mobile

I farm for about 30 minutes, I get a Damaged Shadowbeam staff. I go to the Goblin Tinkerer, won't reforge;(:dryadcry::merchantcry::nursecrying:;(.

2 hours later, Godly Shadowbeam staff:passionate::dryadpassionate::merchantpassionate::nursepassionate::passionate:.

My brother logs on, goes in to the dungeon, Shadowbeam Staff on first Kill!?!?:mad::dryadmad::merchantmad::nursemad::mad:

uuuum...I bought the game, created my char, my world, I enter to the world and the starting sword was legendary...yeah a legendary copper sword...slimes didn't have a chance, it took a while for me to realize what "legendary" means...I think I still have it, because when I look at it is like: awww!

PS: almos forgot, first wall of flesh, legendary pwnhammer, demon altars didn't have a chance...I had my revenge after almost being killed by one

Last edited:
On my current play through, my first day in hardmode spawned in a Pirate Invasion, after countless deaths and being spawncamped inside of my own house, I found a lucky Cutlass from a captain, and then I proceeded to slaughter the rest of the invasion and I got a Discount Card and a Lucky Coin before it ended.

RNG treats me like I killed it's pet dog, spat on it's grave, and suddenly bought him a bag of dog food the next day.

So yeah, I needed help to get most of my items from people luckier than me.

I have like 2 frozen key molds just by playing through the game, no farm or anything. On that particular playthough i havent even beat a mech yet :p just got 2 molds by wandering around in the underground ice biome

ok, so im in 1.1,(version changers FTW) and i have shadow armor, so i go to the jungle. die.(mediumcore) i get my iron gear, and boom. blood moon. i survive that. RIGHT after the blood moon:

a goblin army is approaching from the west!

WUT
so i run off to the jungle,(to my right, or east) and get to my stuff. there's an army of mobs. i hide in a little tunnel, shooting at them. when it seems clear, i go for my stuff.

SPLAT

a ton of mobs were just offscreen. i grabbed my stuff and tried to jump down a hole to safety, but the stupid plant had to deal constant upward knockback to me, so no falling. i died. and my spawn was not in my house, about one screen to the left. so i got killed constantly by goblins as i spawned. raged. deleted the world. haven't played terraria since.(waiting for 1.3 to start again, i need a break.)

Back
Top Bottom