Sharing the Love - Terraria Update News!

Pylons
Block Swap
Major balance overhaul including finishing & overhauling Summoner and a bunch of reworks for other items
Automatic doors
Vanity graphics changes/improvements
Enemy banners being changed and made more useful
Boss health bars
More music tracks for existing bosses, biomes & events
New UI options in-game & Overhauled main menu UI
Tooltips have background for readability
Improved Guide & achievement system doing a better job at guiding new players
Numerous visual changes & improvements
Slightly more bearable early pre-boss gameplay in expert/master through food items dropping from trees
Overhauled desert biome
& More QoL additions & Fixes

1.4 has a HUGE amount of fixes, changes & QoL additions that added up and made the game refreshing and a lot more enjoyable to play. I didn't even dive into all the other additions and new features beyond fixes/QoL. Hell, the fact that you're more concerned about the quantity of endgame bosses/content instead of the quality of existing endgame content is pretty disagreeable. Lunar Pillars on Expert/Master and Moon Lord in general are tedious and unfair respectively, and pretty unfun either way.

Meanwhile we still dont have minion attack speed and prefix crit mods (or even the base 10% crit)

It's perfectly doable without touching any minion-specific AI except for Sanguine and Terraprisma (same function), btw. By increasing number of updates and multiplying the velocities we can effectively accelerate almost any minion.

On top of that, minions following you moving around with a celestial starboard is still an atrocious mess rife with minion teleportation (they simply cannot keep up). I don't mind them being super slow when attacking, but returning minions should have their speed scale with the player or something just to make Summoner play, and also feel less awkward.

Xeno Staff also has a bug (feature?) where it will constantly fail its attack cone check if the target is moving too fast horizontally. None of the slow projectile minions have aim assist, too, which is a little weird considering how Tempest and Optic's viability can literally be fixed by giving them aim assist. Houndius Shootius also has 0 aim assist, which, combined with its slow projectile, makes it a horrible weapon that never hits.

Last edited:
It isn't endgame, it's just another fork of post-Plantera content, just like a Dungeon and Frost/Harvest moons. His drops has equal power and value, no events have been occured after his defeat before 1.3. Post-Plantera is the actual endgame of 1.2.
You pretty much just said that golem wasn't endgame because there are other post planters content, then said that he is because he is in fact, post-plantera. My point still stands.

That's the whole point. Eventually devs made Old One's Army and EoL after 1.3, so I have no idea why they added ML/Celestial content in such a way that it is difficult to associate with already existed stuff in the first place, and now avoid it, making it a dead weight

Like I stated before, it's done that way because the cultist, lunar apocalypse and moon lord are the culmination of your journey. Empress of light and ooa aren't supposed to be contenders for endgame, their supposed to be post-plantera content.

...is because it doesn't require build management and improves your performance in every way, while another armor stats improvements are narrowly focused. Same with Vortex (single helmet for all types of ranged weapon) and Nebula (damage, health and mana regen). So, what's the point to comparing it with obviously weaker post-Plantera armor sets?

Solar armor is the general most "jack of all trades" armor, and honestly doesn't even do that very well, that's why it was buffed, and why I'd still say it needs a buff, the only thing it definitely has over Valhalla knight set is the dash.

When those "obviously weaker" armor sets have an actual place in endgame, there's a problem.

at what point did they say "I DONT GET A POINT" in their post? I didnt see it

I think he was trying to say tl;dr without actually saying tl;dr, but I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom