Blocks & Decoration Sharing your music: the Boombox

cancan460

Skeletron
I haven't been on the forums for a while, but I decided to come back with a suggestion, which is probably the most fitting way for me to return. This object is something that fits very well with the general theme of the latest Terraria update. Anyhow, let's cut the chit-chat and move to the actual suggestion: the Boombox.

I took inspiration from my old Garry's mod days, where people had the capability to input songs from files on their PC and play them in-game. It was a very fun feature and allowed for a deeper level of connection between players through music. I have no idea if the coding is feasible to make this a reality in Terraria, but it seems like a fun feature so I might as well try suggesting it.

As for obtainability, it would be a device sold by the Party Girl. It's a placable interactable object.

Its usage would be as follows: one can right-click the boombox, opening an interface which has:
1. Browse computer, obviously, this is to select songs.
2. Volume slider, so people can control whether they want to hear the boombox or not.
Additionally, it could be possible to make a Settings option specifically for boombox volume.

The range of the sound would be limited, people who gradually go out of the range will slowly start to hear the sound get weaker and eventually dim out when they are completely out of it. The sound would be strong enough to cover a reasonably large area, about a screen's worth.

Last edited:
Would it be a block, an item you equipped (like a weapon or something, that your character would hold) or something else? It might be worth providing a bit more clarity as to what you mean. A method of obtaining would also be nice.

Would it be a block, an item you equipped (like a weapon or something, that your character would hold) or something else? It might be worth providing a bit more clarity as to what you mean. A method of obtaining would also be nice.
how would you censor it? what if i played nothing but DMX on a server?
Added more details.
It would probably be useful to make the object server-friendly by giving server moderators some extra control over it, too.

Back
Top Bottom