**REPORTED** shellphone/magic conch only teleports to one ocean

To double check, is the ocean you spawn on always on the opposite side relative to your world's spawnpoint?

If you are to the right of the spawn point, it teleports you to the left side ocean and if you are to the left, it teleports you to the right side ocean. That's how it's supposed to work. So if it is teleporting you to the right of you are right to the spawn point or vice versa, then it isn't working properly.

even when you use it at an ocean, it'll teleport you to the ocean you're already at, this bugs been around a for a few versions

To update here, the bug is still present. Though it seems I miss attributed it. The conch seems to teleport you to the closest ocean rather than the furthest.

I thought it just teleports to an ocean at a random side. I've not noticed a pattern, if there is one.

nope, it's supposed to teleport you to the farthest ocean. so if you're on the right side of the world, you'll go to the ocean on the left. if you're on the left side, you go to the right. it's like that so you can traverse to both oceans with the magic conch

In some multiplayer worlds the shellphone and the magic conch will only teleport you to one of the oceans but not the other
this has been an ongoing bug for me in multiplayer, the magic conch teleports to the closest ocean rather than the furthest.
Hi @Nox_porphyrogene I merged your two threads into one since they are for the same topic.

I'm not able to reproduce this in Mobile (which has a very similar codebase to console, but there are some things that may be different). Can you give more info. You mentioned the issue is in multiplayer. Are you the host, is it local or online, are you on classic or journey worlds, does it happen in every world with every character, can you try using other characters and worlds and see what happens, are you on a special seed, etc etc. :)

Hi @Nox_porphyrogene I merged your two threads into one since they are for the same topic.

I'm not able to reproduce this in Mobile (which has a very similar codebase to console, but there are some things that may be different). Can you give more info. You mentioned the issue is in multiplayer. Are you the host, is it local or online, are you on classic or journey worlds, does it happen in every world with every character, can you try using other characters and worlds and see what happens, are you on a special seed, etc etc. :)
The bug typically occurs when you are playing a session with someone else as the host, it's happened consistently regardless of character or world. I have only played classic when it comes to multiplayer and normal seeds

Thanks for the report Nox - thankfully, it looks like we’ve got this logged in our system. Some background:

* When using conch, it teleports you to the ocean you’re furthest away from
* Normally, the player who uses the conch should be the one whose coordinates are referenced
* On multiplayer, the local host’s position is used to determine the teleport destination for ALL players. This is what’s leading to the problem you’re experiencing, as someone else’s position is responsible for your teleport destination.

Sorry that you’re experiencing this! Should hopefully be addressed in a future patch.

Back
Top Bottom