• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader "Shield Of The Corrupter" - A QoL mod

Eco

Official Terrarian
icon.png

Find yourself losing valuable accessory space?
Love the Shield of Cthulhu and the Worm scarf?
Wish they were together?
Wish no more, As this mod combines the two accessories together.
Keeping all the buffs they give off, It acts as a new shield.

Adds the 2 defense from the shield of Cthulhu, and adds a extra 4, Acting as if the worm scarf has the warding modifier.
Adds the 17% damage reduction from the worm scarf.
Allows the player to dash into the enemy, Dealing 30 damage.
Screenshot_4.png

Simple, All it takes is the Shield of Cthulhu and the Worm scarf at a Tinkerer's Workshop.
Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_1.png

-Changed location of crating recipe, It's now at the Tinkerer's Workshop (shown above)
-Fixed error with text/title coloring.

*ANY* feedback is amazing, As this is one of my first mods! Thanks for reading!
-Eco

Last edited:

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
Major props for putting this much detail into a thread devoted to a single item.

I'm not even being sarcastic. It's a very useful mod, and a very lovely thread. I'm definitely adding this to all of my next runs.

Is there a Brain of Confusion equivalent version, or a way to convert the Worm Scarf into a Brain and vice-versa?

Eco

Official Terrarian
Major props for putting this much detail into a thread devoted to a single item.

I'm not even being sarcastic. It's a very useful mod, and a very lovely thread. I'm definitely adding this to all of my next runs.

Is there a Brain of Confusion equivalent version, or a way to convert the Worm Scarf into a Brain and vice-versa?
First off, Thank you <3
And i'm currently thinking about making another for the brain of confusion.
Just deciding if i should combine them into one mod, Or keep them separate.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
I'm always a fan of combining a great many accessories into other accessories, myself. The more, the merrier. Sometimes five accessory slots just aren't enough. Heck, I always run with 11. 5 from the Antisocial mod and 6 from the Cheat Sheet mod. 11 slots is usually enough. Heheh.

IMHO, if people go too far with combining various items into a single accessory and ruin their fun by being too overpowered, it's their own fault for lacking discipline.

A bit of nitpicking, but you should use the Tinker's Workbench instead of an anvil, that crafting station is more in-tune with combining accessories. (People also tend to use Demon Alters for this as well)
Nice presentation here though for just a single item, in-detail and all.

Eco

Official Terrarian
A bit of nitpicking, but you should use the Tinker's Workbench instead of an anvil, that crafting station is more in-tune with combining accessories. (People also tend to use Demon Alters for this as well)
Nice presentation here though for just a single item, in-detail and all.
Was thinking about that, But i don't really know. Decided to see how a anvil would play out, But i might end up changing it.

Evil_golem9000

Terrarian
in my opinion (just found this mod btw), it should have buffed stats like lightning boots to frost bark boots but to be crafted at a mythril/orichalcum anvil

Eco

Official Terrarian
in my opinion (just found this mod btw), it should have buffed stats like lightning boots to frost bark boots but to be crafted at a mythril/orichalcum anvil
Yes, This would be a good idea, But as ShadowTiger said, This will eventually become very overpowered.
But, I might hold onto this, And make some sort of update where you can buff the stats, But it wont be much. As this is already (imo) a very powerful combination.
But, Otherwise, Thank you!

Top Bottom