Weapons & Equip Shields (New Accessory!)

I was talking about the original Cobalt Shield...
Once it's changed in name, anything after it shouldn't be named with the original. If anything it would be "enchanted obsidian shield", although it's not really enchanted, it's spiked.

Once it's changed in name, anything after it shouldn't be named with the original. If anything it would be "enchanted obsidian shield", although it's not really enchanted, it's spiked.
Okay. I will tell you what I was really trying to say.

If he adds hardmode metal shields, palladium, etc. In his suggestion the original Cobalt Shield from the game should be renamed Enchanted Cobalt Shield. It seems like the dungeon stuff is Enchanted Cobalt, so yeah. Nothing about spikes.

Okay. I will tell you what I was really trying to say.

If he adds hardmode metal shields, palladium, etc. In his suggestion the original Cobalt Shield from the game should be renamed Enchanted Cobalt Shield. It seems like the dungeon stuff is Enchanted Cobalt, so yeah. Nothing about spikes.
Old stuff that was renamed like cobalt armor is called ancient, not enchanted.

I added hardmode ore shields. I hope y'all are happy now.

Also, I literally have no idea what to do for Cobalt, Mithril, and Adamantite. They're boring, so if anyone has any ideas that are better than the ones I put down, which are generic stat changes, please do share.

Alright, the reason why you have trouble in spriting is because of the size. Use the basic Paint that comes with Windows and set the Zoom to 800 or whatever you find suitable. Then Re-size the page (By dragging those little squares) till it fits a Terraria's Item. As an Example, use Cobalt Shield's size as a base. There barely any items in Terraria that have a size lower than 20x20px. Your shield is only 14x14px, which is terribly small.

Like i said, use Paint for Spriting then allow Paint.Net to make your pictures transparent. And Colbalt Shield's size is 30x28px.

Good suggestion by the way, i love shields.

Alright, the reason why you have trouble in spriting is because of the size. Use the basic Paint that comes with Windows and set the Zoom to 800 or whatever you find suitable. Then Re-size the page (By dragging those little squares) till it fits a Terraria's Item. As an Example, use Cobalt Shield's size as a base. There barely any items in Terraria that have a size lower than 20x20px. Your shield is only 14x14px, which is terribly small.

Like i said, use Paint for Spriting then allow Paint.Net to make your pictures transparent. And Colbalt Shield's size is 30x28px.

Good suggestion by the way, i love shields.

Why not skip all that and do GIMP? Its free and easier. Plus GIMP sprites, paints, and does transparency.

Made some shields for you from wood to platinum.
Wooden.png
Copper.png
Tin.png
Iron.png
Lead.png
Silver.png
Tungsten.png
Goldem.png
Platinum.png

Why not skip all that and do GIMP? Its free and easier. Plus GIMP sprites, paints, and does transparency.
I think it is really complicated and only use it for transparency.

Last edited:
It's definitely extremely user-unfriendly, despite the large online guide by the makers. I'd only recommend it for people experienced in using graphics programs who are able to take full advantage of its many features.

Nice suggestion, but you really should balance them.Wooden, Copper and Iron should have different defence values, or they would have no sense.Also you should buff Flaming, Chlorophyte and hardmode ores shields.

if a shield is implemented, then it need to block attacks, which means setting a threshold of damage, when coming damage lower than the threshold, they are blocked with no harm (can get along with side effect), and only the damage coming from the front.

FYI, the basic wood shield should block 1 damage, then up to Titanium shield, it is so large that can block 30 damage from the front, but it is also heavy that you are slowed by 15%. Or a Tower shield maybe, it blocks 50 damage and incoming projectiles (equivalent to 100 armor... sort of OP), but you can't fly or mount with it, you are slowed to 50%, and you can push enemies back.

We obviously need the Riot Shield.
Dropped/Crafted from stuff dropped from the Tactical Skeleton. ;P

Honestly. YES. I play as full tank and, simply put, I enjoy shields. very much. my only problem with this suggestion is only being able to have one shield. and I know, logic wise, more than one shield doesn't make sense, but then again: gigantic robotic worm called the Destroyer, doesn't break the ground. and floating clouds. and more, i guess, but I've made my point.

but yeah, support, -1 shield rule, lol

Back
Top Bottom