Weapons & Equip Shields (New Accessory!)

LoM2

Retinazer
First of all, let me say that I literally have no idea how people manage to sprite stuff for any big project... I gave up after two poorly drawn sprites. Also I am not entirely sure how to resize them without them coming out blurry (using paint.net).

Anyways, on with the suggestion.

First of all: Only 1 shield equipable at a time. Extends to the Ankh and Paladin's shields but not the Frozen Turtle Shell. (Maybe have a extra accessory slot for shields, don't really care.)

All these shields are fairly generic.

Recipes for this are just 15 of their respective material.
Wood Shield:
2fhjPOK.png
(See, I told you I can't resize stuff...)
+1 defense

Tin/Copper:
+1 Defense

Iron:
+1 Def

Silver:
+2 Def

Gold/Plat:
+3 Def

(All of these shields are boring. They're just here for earlygame.)

Crafted: 20 x
Hellstone_Bar.png
+ 5 x
Obsidian.png

+ 2 Defense
Chance to set anything that damages you via melee attacks on fire (thinking 20-30% chance)

Crafted 1 x
Honey_Comb.png
+ 20 x
Hive.png

+1 Defense
Releases 1-2 Bees when injured (Less than normal) + Gives slowness to melee attackers

Crafted
Obsidian_Shield.png
+ 20 x
Spike.png

+2 Defense
Projects 25% of melee damage received back onto attacker.

Not actually an accessory. This functions like a boomerang but shows up on the player and increases defense when held.
Light_Disc.png
+5x
Gold_Bar.png
/
Platinum_Bar.png

+4 defense (only when held)
45 DMG when thrown. Non-piercing.
CANNOT BE STACKED
Based on a ancient throwing shield with razor sharp edges. I forget which civilization used them.

30 x
Chlorophyte_Bar.png

+5 Defense
Take 25% increased fire damage (including status effects and Cursed/Greek flames)
Take 15% reduced Water damage. Heal 1 health per 4 damage reduced.
+3 Health regen in water

10x
Ectoplasm.png
+ Chlorophyte Shield
+2 defense
Reduces magic DMG taken by 20%
Melee and Ranged DMG taken increased by 10%
+ 5% Magic DMG (to enemies)

Eye_of_the_Golem.png
+ 10x
Sunplate_Block.png
+ Chlorophyte Shield
+5 Defense
Fires a sun laser towards an enemy in the direction the player is facing. (So if I'm facing to the right, it can only target stuff on the right side of the screen.) Does 40 ranged DMG and is affected by any damage modifiers. High velocity, 15 second recharge.
+5% Crit Chance

(Turtle shells need more use, I always end up with around ten by the time I beat the mechs)
Turtle_Shell.png
+ Chlorophyte Shield
+ 6 defense
Reflects 10% of damage taken back onto enemy. Reflects 25% if used with a full set of Turtle Armor.

Crafting: I honestly have no idea. Maybe a drop from the Rune Wizard or something.
Here is bad sprite:
TMsktGe.png

+2 defense
Reflects light based projectiles from the front
(Includes lasers and solar lasers and whatnot, also rainbow rod and probably a few other things)
Before you go telling me that this is OP, it only works FROM THE FRONT. And only for some projectiles. Any attack from the top, back, or down will hit perfectly fine.

A) First, rename the one found in dungeons to "Ancient Cobalt Shield". (Thanks everyone.)
B) Crafted
Cobalt_Bar.png
x10
3 defense
Increases Melee Speed by 10%

10x
Palladium_Bar.png

3 defense
+2 regen

12x
Mythril_Bar.png

3 defense
+5% damage (Seriously, I have no idea at this point. Mithril doesn't actually have anything special.

12x
Orichalcum_Bar.png

3 Defense
Shoots flower petals upon taking damage

15x
Adamantite_Bar.png

6 defense

15x
Titanium_Bar.png

4 defense
5(?) % chance to dodge attacks. (Maybe ten? Dunno.)

This one's kinda iffy.
Titanium/Adamantite + Chlorophyte Shield
+ 30 defense
Halved jump/flight
-40% movement
Cannot Swim
Fall 30% faster

That's enough for one night. I know the last one says "titanium/adamantite shield" and I know I didn't actually make them, I'll put them on tomorrow, along with a few other ideas (Need to study for French finals right now.) . Any/all feedback is appreciated given that you're not just barfing hate at me :)

Last edited:
I like the idea. Though with 4 shields in game I wouldn't really call them a new accessory. Also I don't agree with the Giant Reinforced Shield...I mean tanks aren't very mobile so I'd gladly give up Titus (one of my chars) mobility for 100+ defence.

However though I do really like the rest. I've played a mod with these kinds of shields (Thorium) and it worked well there. I don't see why it can't be added here. I support.

Edit: Ah! Almost forgot! *pukes hate vomit* :D

I like the idea. Though with 4 shields in game I wouldn't really call them a new accessory. Also I don't agree with the Giant Reinforced Shield...I mean tanks aren't very mobile so I'd gladly give up Titus (one of my chars) mobility for 100+ defence.

However though I do really like the rest. I've played a mod with these kinds of shields (Thorium) and it worked well there. I don't see why it can't be added here. I support.

Edit: Ah! Almost forgot! *pukes hate vomit* :D
The "new accessory" was because at first I was going to put "new accessory slot" in the title... then decided nah... then decided to include it in my idea anyways...

Reinforced Shield was one I came up with as I went, so not too well thought out. I'll change some things about it later, now that I'm not half-asleep.

We really do need shields.

The sprites could be improved, but other than that, I like the names, and the idea! Support!

If you have trouble spriting, you should try and base your sprite's size on another sprite's size, and just retextrure it. Remember, terraria pixels are 2x2 normal ones. I support, but only if there are a few more.

If you have trouble spriting, you should try and base your sprite's size on another sprite's size, and just retextrure it. Remember, terraria pixels are 2x2 normal ones. I support, but only if there are a few more.

On contrair, there are 1×1 and 1×2 pixels in Terraria sprites

We really do need shields.

The sprites could be improved, but other than that, I like the names, and the idea! Support!
In my defense, this was my first attempt at spriting, and I had absolutely NO idea how to resize... :p

Anyways, I'll get around to adding the adamantite/Titanium shields I promised a while ago. I kinda forgot about those.

Yep. Been proven (by me). Screenshot adamentite armor and zoom in to 1600 using GIMP. Or screenshot a swinging excaliber and zoom in to 1600, almost all of it is 1×1 pixels.
Well, they do have to resize it INGAME for reforges and balancing and such.

Can you have more than one on at once? In vanity I mean?
Also, I think the spiked shield has a slightly unbalanced recipe, I think it should require FAR more spikes. You could upgrade it in a minute or less.

And i think they should add a slot for the shield specifically for this idea. Too many shields but you will only be able to use one. Like an extra slot next to armor/vanity.

No hardmode metal shields?

If you do, you should make the dungeon shield be called Enchanted Cobalt Shield, to prevent confusion.

Back
Top Bottom