tAPI Shockah's tweak mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard people say the Suffix mod, when equipped, causes a crash in Terraria and your character to be deleted. However, last night I disabled the mod and went to play my character. After a while, I got the saving error and the game crashed, with my character deleted.

So, is it entirely proven that the Suffix mod is the one causing this?

I used to have this bug before. I disabled all the shockah mods one after another ... it happened whenever I had shockahbase + another shockah mod.
Then I deleted the whole tapi folder and reinstalled all the mods (+others) - It worked flawless!

I guess that happenes when you start a character/world and enabled more mods later.

Try this:
* backupthe *.tapi files
* delete the whole tapi folder
* reinstall the *.tapi files
* start terraria

This worked for me.

Lost a character to this one:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.CanGetSuffixes(Terraria.Item item)
at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.Save(TAPI.BinBuffer bb)
at Terraria.Item.WriteCustomData(TAPI.BinBuffer bb, System.Boolean byName = True)
at Terraria.Item.Write(TAPI.BinBuffer bb, System.Boolean byName = True)
at Terraria.WorldFile.SaveChests(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf, System.String fname)
at Terraria.WorldFile.ActualSaveWorld(System.String world)
at Terraria.WorldFile.saveWorld(System.Boolean resetTime = False)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
It would seem that i crashed with a suffixed item in a chest, and saving caused the crash. That's about all i can make out from this report.
EDIT: For everyone else there are log files in your tAPI folder, under logs. This is where you can find your crash reports.

Yeah dont use the suffixes mod, it is very buggy.

If you go to C:\Users\(your user name here)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Players you can get your character back.

Look for a file named (your character name here).plr.bak and replace the .plr.bak with .plr it will restore your character to the last backup it made.

Okay, before I get any more posts stating exactly the same thing:
At the moment, I have NO TIME to work on these mods. I have work and college at the same time. Finals for this term are closing in and I doubt I'll be able to pass them without studying (which I never even had to do before college, I just somehow passed). Studying A LOT. I'm well aware of the issues. But at this point it's not only a one-line fix anymore, due to the fact I started rewriting the whole Shockah.Base to not be so annoying to use both for modders and people playing mods. It's all on a separate branch on my git repository though. The master branch has some fixes, but I never got to releasing them. If you know how to deal with this stuff, go take a look at http://github.com/Shockah/Terraria-tAPI-Mods. Thanks for your attention.

For those asking, these mods DO work with tAPI r14. I also have not been having very many problems with these mods. The only time was the conflict with GRealm, but I fixed that with his BaseMod's Mod Options.

For those asking, these mods DO work with tAPI r14. I also have not been having very many problems with these mods. The only time was the conflict with GRealm, but I fixed that with his BaseMod's Mod Options.

I think I'm the only one who asked. And what options? The only option is Accessories+ on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom