tAPI Shockah's tweak mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the lack of replies, I had a busy weekend at college.

Do you plan on making an advance crafting menu like you did for tconfig?
Not really, there is no need for that now, as vanilla Terraria now has a "big recipe list".

When I was messing around about to start up playing
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MPlayer.MidUpdate()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(Action[] ts)
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.MidUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
That showed up
Do you understand how to rebuild mods? I don't really feel like explaining it now (I'm having an headache at the moment, will probably just head to bed in a sec...), but if you do:
After you extract the FCM Standard source, open the ModInfo.json file, add an "includePDB": true property, rebuild, now try to crash it. It should give a more meaningful error now.

Hi shockah!
do you know if your mods are compatible with a system of leveled terraria?
i think your mods are great and they really improves the game experience
they also add a bit of rpg style with the suffixes i love them so much man!!!! :redspin::redspin::redspin:
tAPI itself isn't compatible with any other non-tAPI mods, so that's a no. And no, it's not possible to make them work together.

Ok, a little thing with Enchanced Tooltips. There is no info on bait power showing for every bait and fishing rod.
And lastly a question: There are seven items for shop option, so that means i must have 7 accesory slots from the begining to actually achieve 15 with this option?
EDIT: I'm waiting for HP+ and Boss Bars :3 (yeah last one seems to be pointless, but having big boss bar is just epic), and also for stacks up (100x op but fun ;p), shake off buffs and world+. Keep up with your work, it's great.
I guess I forgot about changes to tooltips regarding fishing since 1.2.2.
There are 8 NPCs selling the items. That basically means if you set the option in mod options menu to 0, you'll start with 0 slots and get the maximum of 8 slots. You can never go over 15 slots with that though.
Health Up! still needs some more thought.
Boss Bars... meh. Last time I tried to do something cool with it, I failed miserably. We'll see...
Stacks Up! - I myself would only like the "fix stacks" option from it, basically turning x99/x999 stacks into x100/x1000. But I guess it shouldn't be hard to do...
Shake Off Buffs - I totally forgot about this one. I hope I can somehow code it in a better way than it was in tConfig.
World+ - nah. I don't want to add another type of fireflies to the vanilla ones. I'm not happy with how they work, but still. Also their looks didn't really have the Terraria feel, and it's not possible to make them fit.

just can't use your mods in multiplayer, just tell me, how i get a crash log?
Well... You know... If you get a crash, you get the crash log. You don't otherwise lol

I can confirm enabling Shockah.Base r3 causes tAPI to crash when selecting host and play
I don't think we ever supported host & play. Use the server software.

Testing with dedicated hosting software
hosting works, however upon attempting to join, the client crashes. tested with the world created both in the client and by the server software.

Using tAPI 12. no crash log appears.

Do you understand how to rebuild mods? I don't really feel like explaining it now (I'm having an headache at the moment, will probably just head to bed in a sec...), but if you do:
After you extract the FCM Standard source, open the ModInfo.json file, add an "includePDB": true property, rebuild, now try to crash it. It should give a more meaningful error now.
Well... I went ahead and extracted. Put that part at the end, then I rebuilt. The error is just gone now. Going into empty slots does not give me errors, nor does trying to put something in the prefix slot anymore. I don't know how but yeah, the Error is just gone for me now.
Edit: Oh I counted my chickens too early. I tried to change the suffix of an item and this happened.
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.CanGetSuffixes(Item item)
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.ItemSlotSuffixFCM.AllowsItem(Item item)
   at TAPI.UIKit.ItemSlot.OnLeftClick(Boolean& release)
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.ItemSlotSuffixFCM.OnLeftClick(Boolean& release)
   at TAPI.UIKit.ItemSlot._LeftClick()
   at TAPI.UICore.PostDraw()
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.<.cctor>b__1e(InterfaceLayer layer, SpriteBatch sb)
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Action.OnDraw(SpriteBatch sb)
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Last edited:
Sorry to throw another bug report your way, but when bringing up the Prefixes menu, I got this thrown at me:
Code:
System.ArgumentException: Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. x: '',  x's type: 'Prefix', IComparer: 'Shockah.FCM.Sorter`1[Terraria.Prefix]'.
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.RunFilters()
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.Refresh(Boolean resetScroll)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.OnOpen()
   at TAPI.Interface.Open(InterfaceAnchor anchor)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MBase.<OnAllModsLoaded>b__6()
   at Shockah.FCM.LittleButton.Draw(SFrame frame, SpriteBatch sb, Vector2 pos)
   at Shockah.FCM.FrameFCMButtons.OnRender(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Shockah.Base.SFrame.Render(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Shockah.Base.SFrame.RenderAll(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Shockah.Base.ILFrames.OnDraw(SpriteBatch sb)

I have these loaded:

Code:
ShockahBase r3
Accessory Slots+ r1
FCM Base r2 & Standard r2
Bridge <-> Item Suffixes FCM r2
Item Suffixes r3

Testing with dedicated hosting software
hosting works, however upon attempting to join, the client crashes. tested with the world created both in the client and by the server software.

Using tAPI 12. no crash log appears.
So it was determined there is a problem with API mods on the tAPI server. It should be fixed in r13; for now you'll have to stick to singleplayer.

Well... I went ahead and extracted. Put that part at the end, then I rebuilt. The error is just gone now. Going into empty slots does not give me errors, nor does trying to put something in the prefix slot anymore. I don't know how but yeah, the Error is just gone for me now.
Edit: Oh I counted my chickens too early. I tried to change the suffix of an item and this happened.
Code:
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.MItem.CanGetSuffixes(Item item)
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.ItemSlotSuffixFCM.AllowsItem(Item item)
   at TAPI.UIKit.ItemSlot.OnLeftClick(Boolean& release)
   at Shockah.ItemSuffixes.ItemSlotSuffixFCM.OnLeftClick(Boolean& release)
   at TAPI.UIKit.ItemSlot._LeftClick()
   at TAPI.UICore.PostDraw()
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.<.cctor>b__1e(InterfaceLayer layer, SpriteBatch sb)
   at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Action.OnDraw(SpriteBatch sb)
Try doing the same thing I told you to, but with Item Suffixes this time. Basically, any mod that crashes. It really helps to debug stuff.

I might have to consider pre-building PDB files with subst path if that continues...

Sorry to throw another bug report your way, but when bringing up the Prefixes menu, I got this thrown at me:
Code:
System.ArgumentException: Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. x: '',  x's type: 'Prefix', IComparer: 'Shockah.FCM.Sorter`1[Terraria.Prefix]'.
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.RunFilters()
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.Refresh(Boolean resetScroll)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMPrefixes.OnOpen()
   at TAPI.Interface.Open(InterfaceAnchor anchor)
   at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MBase.<OnAllModsLoaded>b__6()
   at Shockah.FCM.LittleButton.Draw(SFrame frame, SpriteBatch sb, Vector2 pos)
   at Shockah.FCM.FrameFCMButtons.OnRender(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Shockah.Base.SFrame.Render(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Shockah.Base.SFrame.RenderAll(SpriteBatch sb)
   at Shockah.Base.ILFrames.OnDraw(SpriteBatch sb)

I have these loaded:

Code:
ShockahBase r3
Accessory Slots+ r1
FCM Base r2 & Standard r2
Bridge <-> Item Suffixes FCM r2
Item Suffixes r3
Now that's odd... Any specific thing you did? Or was it just opening the prefix menu?

Just opening the prefix menu. Everytime I tried, it the me out of the world and threw that log at me. I just checked to see if maybe it was conflicting with other mods and that's not the case. Don't know what could be causing it.

at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MPlayer.MidUpdate()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(Action[] ts)
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.MidUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

I think that error has been covered, Mythunderrock.
(That said, it is stupidly annoying to crash any time you select an empty slot... or place the last item from a slot. BLEH.)

EDIT: Just realized I wrote terror instead of error. Whoops.

Last edited:
Are your mods compatible with other mods that change the gameplay and add new items/weapons etc.? I've tried it with the Grealm mod and it crashed several times.

No idea if you are already aware of it, but when using both Accessory+ and Suffixes, the suffixes don't work on the bonus accessory slots.
Will this be fixed / bridged? As it is a bit of a shame. :(

Edit: Recompiling mods it seems that when recompiled mod icons are gone. Something I'm missing?

And a suggestion for Accessories+
Right now only 8 slots are sold from vendors, so to reach 15 we have to start with 7. There are still various vendors remaining, perhaps raise the slots sold by 2 or more?
Alternatively, which I personally think would be even better, is instead of being sold have em dropped by bosses? There are currently 12 bosses in the game (excl. King Slime), so that would work well too. Perhaps being an uncommon drop?
(Just throwing out some idea's here, probably most of which you already took into consideration.)

Edit2: Mod Settings (Insight display style, Accessory+ Initial slots) don't seem to save. I've edited the version in ModInfo.json but this didn't make a difference. Running tAPI r11 atm, because of an (known) error in r12, maybe that has to do anything with it?

Last edited:
Are your mods compatible with other mods that change the gameplay and add new items/weapons etc.? I've tried it with the Grealm mod and it crashed several times.
The funny part is, it crashed because of the COMPATIBILITY CODE @Grox The Great used. I think he fixed the issue since then though.
Most tAPI mods should be compatible with each other.

No idea if you are already aware of it, but when using both Accessory+ and Suffixes, the suffixes don't work on the bonus accessory slots.
Will this be fixed / bridged? As it is a bit of a shame. :(
Uhhh... I forgot about this. XD
I'll fix it when I get to working on my mods again.

Edit: Recompiling mods it seems that when recompiled mod icons are gone. Something I'm missing?
Might be a tAPI Builder issue not packing the icons? Not sure yet, will have to look at it.

And a suggestion for Accessories+
Right now only 8 slots are sold from vendors, so to reach 15 we have to start with 7. There are still various vendors remaining, perhaps raise the slots sold by 2 or more?
Alternatively, which I personally think would be even better, is instead of being sold have em dropped by bosses? There are currently 12 bosses in the game (excl. King Slime), so that would work well too. Perhaps being an uncommon drop?
(Just throwing out some idea's here, probably most of which you already took into consideration.)
The boss-drop idea was the alternate one. Also I didn't want a player to have too many slots.

Edit2: Mod Settings (Insight display style, Accessory+ Initial slots) don't seem to save. I've edited the version in ModInfo.json but this didn't make a difference. Running tAPI r11 atm, because of an (known) error in r12, maybe that has to do anything with it?
Yes, it was a tAPI r11 issue.
Also, you do realize there are some parts of my code that basically REQUIRE r12?

The funny part is, it crashed because of the COMPATIBILITY CODE @Grox The Great used. I think he fixed the issue since then though.
Most tAPI mods should be compatible with each other.
thanks! after some manipulations with the loading order i've managed to make them work together. btw, great mods! i'ts a pity that tapi mods require new worlds and new characters :(

Uhhh... I forgot about this. XD
I'll fix it when I get to working on my mods again.
You... forgot? Didn't see that one coming. Guess it happens to the best.
Here is to hoping working on your mods comes sooner then later. Been enjoying the heck out of this. <3

Might be a tAPI Builder issue not packing the icons? Not sure yet, will have to look at it.
Unzipping the mods, there seem to not be any icons. Nor does the ModInfo file point to any. This is something I found strange in itself, did you do it differently by any chance?

The boss-drop idea was the alternate one. Also I didn't want a player to have too many slots.
The idea wasn't meant to raise the slot cap. Just raising the amount obtained while playing, allowing the player to start with less. Oh well, as said, just ideas.

Yes, it was a tAPI r11 issue.
Also, you do realize there are some parts of my code that basically REQUIRE r12?
Yes, more specifically FCM if I'm not mistaken(If any others, I did not run into anything). Problem was with r12 I was getting an error on startup preventing me from using it at all. Tried various things fixing it, and though solution was posted tuesday, I was already down to running r11 at the time (and didn't see the solution till now, finding out r13 was out).
Running r13 now, though. So everything *should* be solved with that, tAPI issues itself, anyway. :)

It seems that item suffixes have no real effect, except ones that add defense. The corresponding value of the weapons won't change even with a suffix adding damage or crit chance.

I've been playing with them for a while now, yes, they do work. But make sure of 2 things:
- Switch away and to the weapon again, to force recalculation. I know at least the tooltip often won't update till you done that.
- If you are using Accessory+, I've posted a few posts above that slots past the first 5 are not working with suffixes. Please go up to read more about that if you want. :)

Something I noticed however, that doesn't work, but I'm not sure what the cause is.. Is melee speed. It doesn't seem to do anything(at least with Muramasa). I will look into figuring out what is causing this, whether it is tAPI or a Shockah mod. If even either of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom