tModLoader Shop Expander

this mod have one bug when you go to world every npc even friendly npcs :inclucing bunny guide modded npcs have zombie,skeleton AI they chasing me but dont does any damage in my opinion its very annoying sorry for bad english
The problem is most likely not caused by Shop Expander. This mod doesn't do anything to NPC ai.

Hey, would it be possible if you made this mod compatible with the older versions of tModLoader? Aka the ones before the steam version? I need this because I run the 64 bit version of TmodLoader, which is apparently going to take a long time to update to be compatible with the steam version and even longer to be compatible with 1.4.
I mainly need this mod when I use packs on the 64 bit version, as it's most useful there.
The mod should work fine with the old version as is. I haven't updated it in a long time.

The new version is sort of half way done. There were some complications, and then life got in the way... I don't think I'll be maintaining this mod in the future. There are some API changes planned in tModLoader, that will end up adding infinite shop support natively, so this mod will be essentially useless.

I suppose if someone feels like maintaining this just for the sake of playing on old tModLoader versions, that could work, but I don't have much interest in it myself.

When i try to use the mod on a server it replays:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (see server.log for full trace)
One or more errors occured while unloading and tModLoader must be restarted to prevent further issues.
ShopExpander was unable to unload properly. Modders must use defensive programming to ensure unloading completes regardless of any errors during loading.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ShopExpander.ShopExpander.Unload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.UnloadContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.UnloadModContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Unload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Unload()

Is there for me a way to fix that problem?

Guessing the mod is dead. Does anyone know of any alternative mods?

Although I'm not getting any issues using this mod, I'm trying to avoid outdated mods to minimise issues with my mod list.

Hey DRKV!
Are you planning to port this mod to 1.4 now that tmodloader is stable for it? It's such a useful and fantastic mod that I'd love to see it being brought to the newest version of Terraria, are there any plans for that? :)

Hey DRKV!
Are you planning to port this mod to 1.4 now that tmodloader is stable for it? It's such a useful and fantastic mod that I'd love to see it being brought to the newest version of Terraria, are there any plans for that? :)
Oh neat, tML 1.4 is finally stable? Like I said a few comments back, I wasn't really planning to work on this mod anymore. Although, now that I'm looking at the tML repo, it seems like infinite shops are not actually a thing currently. Which is weird, I could have sworn they changed how SetupShop works. So, if this is the case, I might tack together a little update, but no sooner than this summer, cause I don't really have time for it right now.

Oh neat, tML 1.4 is finally stable? Like I said a few comments back, I wasn't really planning to work on this mod anymore. Although, now that I'm looking at the tML repo, it seems like infinite shops are not actually a thing currently. Which is weird, I could have sworn they changed how SetupShop works. So, if this is the case, I might tack together a little update, but no sooner than this summer, cause I don't really have time for it right now.
Thank you for responding!
Yeah it also just recently came to my attention that there is now a stable branch for tmodloader for 1.4 because people have been asking me to port my furniture mod Terrarchitect to the newest version of Terraria. There are already a bunch of smaller mods available for download on the stable branch and a few more popular ones, like Hero's Mod.

If infinite shops are actually not a thing, it's great news that you are open to porting your mod! I feel it's essential for anyone wanting to do a modded playthrough. We've always recommended your mod to people when they check out Terrarchitect because our mod adds more items to NPC inventories and with more mods added on top of it, they could easily overflow.

If you decide to not do it after all, I might try to convince my project's coder to make a similar mod but of course I would like to leave that to you since you were the first person to make a mod in this vein.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to summer then and thank you for having created this wonderful mod. :)

EDIT: I just asked in the tml Discord. Infinite shops are planned for the API but are low priority, so it's unclear when they will come.

Last edited:
If you decide to not do it after all, I might try to convince my project's coder to make a similar mod but of course I would like to leave that to you since you were the first person to make a mod in this vein.
If you can find someone who would like to take over Shop Expander, I'm down for that too. It's open source, so anyone's free to do that at any point, really. But I'd also gladly make it official and hand over the main repo and this forum thread.

If you can find someone who would like to take over Shop Expander, I'm down for that too. It's open source, so anyone's free to do that at any point, really. But I'd also gladly make it official and hand over the main repo and this forum thread.
Oh wow, that's great. I'm gonna discuss this with my project's coder, we might be interested in taking over the mod's development in that case!

Great news folks! The mod has been updated for 1.4 by @Exterminator, who will also be maintaining Shop Expander from here on. The new version is available from the Steam Workshop here: Steam Workshop::Shop Expander The old 1.3 version will still be available from the mod browser. The new iteration also brings some cool new features, such as an API for modders to add custom pages to shops more easily. Source can be found here: GitHub - ExterminatorX99/ShopExpander: A Terraria tModLoader mod for increasing the available space in NPC shops.
And with that, I'm signing off, thanks everybody for the support and kind words. :)

would you be able to update the large world enabler mod next? trying to play 1.4 calam but im getting the errors that people in 1.3 got with their large worlds. Thanks!

would you be able to update the large world enabler mod next? trying to play 1.4 calam but im getting the errors that people in 1.3 got with their large worlds. Thanks!
Large world enabler is not mine, it belongs to @jopojelly. At one point I did give someone a special version of it, due to a very specific issue with calamity. Some older versions of calamity made large worlds slightly bigger then vanilla, and to actaully load them, it also increased the max world size. But then at some point calamity stopped doing this, and they also removed the max world size patch, so you now you can't play world that were generated using the old version. I made the special version of large world enabler to set the max world size to the bare minim for these scuffed worlds, because the regular version was causing people to run out of RAM. But with you shouldn't have RAM issues with the 1.4 version of tml, so regular large world enabler is fine, if/when that gets updated.

Back
Top Bottom