Shotte's drawings, sketches and doodles

Jill

Official Terrarian
Note: OP needs some updating. Go to the end of my thread if you want to see some new drawings, for the time being. c:

Before I even begin, I'll just say: welcome to my art thread! I like to think there's some cool things to be seen within it, but here's a number of amazing art threads that you might not necessarily have seen before! I really enjoy their content, and maybe you will too. I think any artist likes to think their stuff has at least been looked over, which is why I think it'd be great if you guys checked out their threads too!

Cynnacle's pixel scenes.
Samrux's smooth pencil drawings.
Vladimier's genius digital art.
Brutallama's amazing spriting.
Darthmorf's banners (check out his art thread as well!).
ThatOneRobloxHater's pixel art.
Szaila's digital chibis and monsters C:!
Razleth's 50% watercolour, 50% digital, 100% awesome characters.
Chris Conlon's fantastic terraria fan art.

Of course, if you're curious about what's in this thread, or if you've checked out all of these guys before - do go ahead and read on!

Footnote - Oh, and I would've included Suweeka, Zoomo, Scarecrow, Milt64966, Sir Cutswood and Daimera of course (among others), but they're getting loads of views already - don't get me wrong, as well they deserve to!

Oh, and before you say anything, let me introduce you to the No.#1 (and only) rule of this thread!
Circumference: a word to never be used in this thread
Math: a subject banned from this thread.

Everybody take heed of these words!

~~~
Hello, everyone!

So; I really appreciated the comments and pointers I got from you guys over the last few days on TO. I'd hope that could continue, ideally, so the obvious solution is to re-post my new stuff here.

I'm not very impressive art-wise, but I like to think I'm improving by the day. I'll be shooting some new drawings onto here and onto the similar thread on TO every few days, I'd hope.

The time period of some of these drawings are a bit out, so just to clarify: The ones done in ink pen or ballpoint are generally the most modern ones, with everything else generally being a bit older. Just so you know what you're getting!

As for requests, I'll be happy to draw anything you guys want on a few conditions!

-Please don't expect your drawing(s) finished in a timely fashion, because I procrastinate over everything.
-I promise to do my best, but my art isn't super-duper amazing, so uhh... be prepared set your standards low...!
-Please be specific if you want something outside the bounds of Terraria, references would be a huge help.
-And, er... nothing dodgy. o_O

I'll draw in pencil, pen, ballpoint or a combo of the three, depending on what you want. I'll break out the colouring pencils upon request but I severely recommend you don't ask for this: it never turns out well.

My new usual process for requests has changed: I'll do a pencil sketch, outline it in ink pen when satisfied with the result, scan it in and then colour it in on Paint.net! However, let me know if you want anything different...

Well, thanks for reading, and now I'll post my stuff!

Shotte's Art Thread - new and improved, Mk. II!

Hey everyone, and welcome to the little place I like to dump all of my little drawings! It's been a long time since I updated the main post, but I've done so now, at last! So to any newcomers - Hi! I love to draw Terraria monsters among many other random things, in my free time at college. I've been experimenting with a great number of styles since I came on to TCF, but I realised that messing around with so many things was actually detrimental to my work - so at present, I'm focusing on my ability to nail shaded ballpoint pen sketches, of all things!

To any veterans of this thread, I've been here a fair old while now, it's true. And honestly, I would've given up the ghost months ago without you lot taking the time out simply to post a comment in my direction. Really, it makes a hell of a difference for me - so over all this time, cheers for keeping me committed to this, keeping me devoted to working on my style!

I freely admit that I'm nowhere near the greatest artist here - that's why I advertise other people's threads within mine, actually! But I think I've made major improvements - again thanks to the fantastic support, feedback and morale-boosting from you guys - and most of all, I've had a hell of a lot of fun with my drawing. Looking through my works, I hope you guys do as well.

Thanks,
MJO

Request List:
DarkDragonVG - Riki, tha pricki Heropon!
Joe - A Guinea Pig.
Zeskorion - Byron 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Feel free to make a request, even if there's a fair few on the list already. Requests are fun, and I will be happy to draw whatever you want as long as it doesn't break the forum rules! But I do reserve the right to take as long as I want to with any request - I'm not always the most efficient at getting around them, I'm afraid!

One small request: When you post your own request (haha), please provide a small number of images from Google images to use as reference (facial structure, posture, clothing, weaponry etc.). If it's an original character, then a small description would be appreciated instead. If you do not provide any reference images, I will probably still take the request - but do bear in mind that I will do my own research and use my own references. This might mean that the final product is not as suited to your tastes as you hoped.

Terraria Arts

5mcxuw.jpg

Mugshot of the vile Goblin Tinkerer, grinning as he plots to charge you 2 Plat for making your Terra Blade 'annoying'!

KSPzoKA.jpg

A WIP sketch of the Terraria Werewolf, due to be shaded. Hmm, does that make this the WereWIP? WIPwolf?!

jXGUbUv.png

Blue Armoured Bones - Elite!

ZVQyVbm.png

My idea of what the Face Monster might look like!

Non-Terraria Arts

EINFGpH.jpg

Gem-Knight Topaz, the baddest Knight in all of Yugioh!

24e3no3.jpg

Mother 3 - Lucas attacked by the Ultimate Chimaera.

0RHwPU1.jpg

Inspector Falcon Eye... the mad detective of Zexavier!

PcFZMQ6.jpg

Darthmorf's request - my attempt at rendering his character in a 'moe' style!

25p0d94.jpg

Arcana Force I - the Magician fan art~

ezFLcwQ.jpg

Commander Charisma - one of the many murderous new villains of Pokemon: Sky and Sea. Check that out if you want to and you like RP, it's setting up to be a right good time!

4SkQjrR.jpg

Mine and my friend's characters from a game up against a boss.

7OQvQiB.png

Gible pixel art.

POuj0co.png

Marrick, Eaterofeaterofworlds' very own 'Pimplord Kabuto'!

xl9p4z.jpg
o0p7k1.jpg

hZr6YrA.jpg

Edward Albee up top, Nick from 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf' in the middle, and F. Scott Fitzgerald on the bottom. Go go English Literature!

fkuxzm.jpg
NCO4arH.png

Character study: Krieg Galbatore, of Tales of Regnum. Above, a head-and-shoulders shot of our man. Below, him fully armoured and combat ready!

And now, I'll stick the rest of my works in spoilers, though do beware of some very large images - my editing laziness strikes again!

qTnAvMy.jpg

A request - a sketch of what a theoretical Guardian Statue of the Night's Edge might look like.

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_007.jpg

(Necro Armour with Ancient Necro Helmet and the Terra Blade.)

Scan_OSB14143137_22092014_page_001.jpg

(Black 'n' Purple Jim's armour, with Spectre Hamaxe.)

Scan_OSB14143137_22092014_page_003.jpg

(Crimtane armour, with Blood Butcherer. Unfinished.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_page_002.jpg

(Molten armour with Molten Hamaxe.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_011.jpg

(A sketch of the Diver Helmet with a cape and Trident. Pretty faint, whoops!)

clar2xM.png

Necro Armour, wielding the... Dark Lance? I kinda just went for it on the spear. The bizarre things on his feet are supposed to be Rocket Boots.

cXB4vkG.png

A Dragonkin warrior clad in my impression of Adamantite Armour, holding the Cutlass.

m7ZHEFF.png

Blue Armoured Bones, from Terraria.

B73Zkt8.png

"Fred" (FHRITP Guy).

LwXAMls.jpg

Commander Charisma, pictured without his battle regalia, alongside his Nidoran.

Yx5Zl8b.jpg

Trevor, Grasp of Darkness' infamous Evergreen Soldier and incompetent guardsman!

7rV1Kw7.jpg

Cayriss Sumner, a young thief who was, unfortunately, possessed by the vile Cayress Marr!

o9KAHkh.jpg

My first shot at drawing Inspector Falcon Eye. I decided to give him another try.

qgLDxLt.jpg

Doodle of the three different kinds of "Warriors of Rood".

index.php

Coloured edition of Edward Albee - courtesy of my man Darthmorf!

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_002.jpg

A very early drawing of Jordan Webster from Lone Tree High.

K84p40K.png

A young version of my character Cole mere moments from getting completely owned.

5QKAcI0.png

'Infamous' Jordan Webster, from the Lone Tree RP.

XrzFgzO.png

Cyborg Byron, also from Lone Tree RP.

fvFmVW9.png

Gyoza, a friend's character from Emil Chronicle Online.

Scan_OSB14143137_22092014_page_002.jpg

GrandisKuwagamon from Digimon.

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_003.jpg

A WIP drawing of Cole, one of my characters.

HBswumj.jpg

The Dhampir, the mythological offspring of a Vampire and a Human.

JIvhWnY.png

Just a sketch of some sorta creature I had in mind. I wrote Veni Vidi Vici on the blade-arm for some reason, which more or less says what they're all about.

njivrM8.jpg

Cayress, Marrick and Darkrai... a sketch of the terrible trio from Pokemon: Legends doing what they do best!

ZHD6TzV.png

Cayress meets up with Lily and her fool "boyfriend", Ho-Oh. As you can see, they're getting along great!

ghPjP6h.jpg

Cayress "Tha Pimp" VS the World: AKA, how Pokemon: Legends is bound to end.

2ruo5.png

Vega, outlined 'n' coloured on Paint.Net.

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_3_page_001.jpg

Vega from Street Fighter.

Scan_OSB14143137_22092014_page_004.jpg

(Stingmon from Digimon.)

Wdcog46.jpg

(Silhouette of my man Ignate from the late RWBY RP.)

Scan_OSB14143137_22092014_page_005.jpg

(Drawing of a Nomad character I wrote about once. I'll try and upload it more clearly soon.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_1_page_001.jpg

(Hawke from the Advance Wars series.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_013.jpg

(The Bipedal Walking Robot from the game Emil Chronicle Online.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_010.jpg

(The Nephilim from Grand Chase.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_004.jpg

(Sketch of Cydd from Dynasty of Data.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_005.jpg

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_006.jpg

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_008.jpg

(All early sketches of characters from Emil Chronicle Online.)

Scan_OSB14143137_23092014_2_page_009.jpg

(What I used to get up to in GCSE Maths!)

2z69heu.png

(Reve, my favourite character from Phantasy Star Zero for DS.)

209rmuu.png

(Another sketch of Jordan Webster I did 'bout a month ago, faint as hell though. Need to sort out the school scanner or something... ;-; )

xm04mu.png

(Bravier, from the late Persona 4 RP.)

x0RlPZD.jpg

(Ferroseed, the very first thing I tried to sprite.)

gMFp6O1.png

(Ampharos.)

2zycub7.png

Mainly added so I can store this somewhere. Cydd from Dynasty of Data. Main body of sprite NOT by me! Cape, background and minor changes to antennae, hair and claws are by me though.

350o1fk.png

Benefactor Jett from the Lone Tree RP - for Zeskorion.

4r43h0.png

"Scary" Meganium for InsertUsernameHere.

ukQGjwJ.jpg

My idea of Draco von Ula in the flesh! Uh, pumpkin flesh that is...

2cdu1ic.png

A rendition of Darthmorf's avvy.

Special Thanks:
  • Milt64966: For being my main inspiration when it comes to my naff art.
  • Samrux: Also a big inspiration for me. C: Another mention for producing a great plan of action for improving my sub-par artworks!
  • Kaio: For producing a really handy (no pun intended!) diagram for drawing humanoid bodies and hands, that even an idiot like me can follow!
  • Szaila: Being another inspiration, and prompting me to create this thread in the first place!
  • Razleth, Darthmorf and Eaterofeaterofworlds: For giving me much-needed feedback and great ideas for my new pieces.
  • Blue: Also deserving of a special mention for his near-constant aid and ideas to me.
  • Suweeka: Made (yet another) absolutely amazing piece of feedback for my benefit. And honestly, another inspiration of mine - even if that level of skill is absolutely miles away from mine!
  • You: For actually reading this far, wow!

Last edited:
That is one rood dude.

He's not just Rood, he's Sage Rood!

I used to be so weird/awesome a year or so ago. I made up a whole 'Rood scale' of these things, inspired by my teachers and depending on how rude they were. Sage Rood, of course, was my best friend's Dad from an alternative universe.

You'd be surprised what you can get done in Maths. :cool:

That's pretty good! You can do way better than me :)

Cheers, buddy!

Although it doesn't really make me feel more ossim by virtue of others putting themselves in the dumpster (even though I like to do that alla time - bit of a hypocrite, eh?).

What I mean to say is, I'm sure you're pretty darn good yourself. I like your avatar!

Cheers, buddy!

Although it doesn't really make me feel more ossim by virtue of others putting themselves in the dumpster (even though I like to do that alla time - bit of a hypocrite, eh?).

What I mean to say is, I'm sure you're pretty darn good yourself. I like your avatar!

Thanks buddy! I'm happy to hear that. I'm a Photoshop whiz though, so yeah, I'm a better photo-maker then drawer.

Thanks buddy! I'm happy to hear that. I'm a Photoshop whiz though, so yeah, I'm a better photo-maker then drawer.

Wow, nice!

See, I could never figure that stuff out, which is why I just stick firmly to Terra Firma when it comes to drawing. As in, pencil and paper out. xD;

Honestly, it's kind of ironic for me, but I dunno... spending such a long time clicking around just doesn't appeal, I guess. The results do generally look a lot better with the same amount of time (with good practice) though. It doesn't feel like as much of a break, trying digital art, despite everything!

Looking Good!

Cheers Milt!

Without meaning to butt-kiss or anything, I've honestly gotta say I'm a big fan of your work man! I'm really pleased to see you've moved over; and do keep up doing your sweet character and scene drawings!

Cheers Milt!

Without meaning to butt-kiss or anything, I've honestly gotta say I'm a big fan of your work man! I'm really pleased to see you've moved over; and do keep up doing your sweet character and scene drawings!
Thanks man :happy:

Back
Top Bottom