PS4 SHOULD I BUY TERRARIA NOW ? ( After the 1.03 update )

The PS4 version is the equivalent of the PC with all settings on high. It has a stable performance(mostly), but it still has a few glitches that may be glaring to you when experiencing it.

If you would like a more stable, updated version, then the PC is the way to go. However, you can get the PS4 version if your computer isn't superb enough to process Terraria effectively, then PS4 may suit your fancy.

If I were you, I'd get the PC version. It controls a lot smoother, has less glitches and stability problems, and it has more content(PC is 1.3.5, Console is only 1.3.0.7). But you can get the console version if you want, it isn't too unplayable as it once was and I can find some enjoyment out of it. Just know that it is still being worked on for stability fixes and just acknowledge that you may encounter a problem or two in your Terraria experience on console. (It wasn't as bad as it was a few months ago, but there are still some safescreen and "invisibility problems" running wild, just to name a few.)

The PC hardware requirements can be found on the store pages here and here. IMO, you'll get better performance with the Recommended specs. For this game, RAM is a crucial factor (the more you have, the more likely the game will run smoothly).

There's no reason to assume that the PS4 graphics are better than on PC; they should be equivalent if the PC has a decent video card. There is 4K support in the PC version if your video card/monitor supports that.

i say always get games on what you personally prefer, you'll enjoy them more if you don't let people sway you to their own preferred platform, instead of yours.

after all, you'll be the one playing it, not them.

so get it on whichever platform you personally enjoy more.

Couldn't agree with the above post more. I personally prefer the larger screen that I get from console vs. PC so that's how I play. You are smart to get others input though.

If you want to use mods, get PC. If you want (pretty) good controls, and don't have good reflexes with a mouse, get PS4.

Back
Top Bottom