PS Vita Should I get terraria for the PS Vita?

kingklutz

Retinazer
I got the mobile version and I think it's fine. Problem is I've broken my iPad and the screen is WAAAAAAY too small to play it on.

I was thinking with the screen being a little bigger and the controls my taking up the room of the screen, the question is... Should I buy as opposed to other titles like persona 4, uncharted, killzone mercenary and more. I am limited with funds so was wandering.

Oh and is the content different from mobile or is it the same?

Thanks

The one and only kingklutz ;)

I got the mobile version and I think it's fine. Problem is I've broken my iPad and the screen is WAAAAAAY too small to play it on.

I was thinking with the screen being a little bigger and the controls my taking up the room of the screen, the question is... Should I buy as opposed to other titles like persona 4, uncharted, killzone mercenary and more. I am limited with funds so was wandering.

Oh and is the content different from mobile or is it the same?

Thanks

The one and only kingklutz ;)
The content is different from mobile, it is the same as console, but if there is a power outage in you house, the PS vita is probably the best one to play. if you don't mind the bugs that is.
I am looking for the PS vita version, but it still haven't arrived to my country.

it's arrived in my country, only £12 for the vita. Wish I had the money now to buy it.

But should I get it instead of the other games I mentioned and more?

Vita version is good and all. But it does drop frames quite often, especially when theres certain effects and alot of things going on.

Vita version is good and all. But it does drop frames quite often, especially when theres certain effects and alot of things going on.

Really? Not even my outdated iPad 3 did that. Hmmmm
[DOUBLEPOST=1451729448,1451729405][/DOUBLEPOST]How bad is the frame rate drop? 25? 15? 5 FPS?

I've never experienced frame drop on the PsVita version of Terraria. However, the game is a crash fest as far as i'm concerned. It will crash, destroying all progress since your last save, about once every 20 minutes for me on average. 505 games claims they have a fix in the works, but it's been broken for over a year and nothing has been addressed yet.

I've never experienced frame drop on the PsVita version of Terraria. However, the game is a crash fest as far as i'm concerned. It will crash, destroying all progress since your last save, about once every 20 minutes for me on average. 505 games claims they have a fix in the works, but it's been broken for over a year and nothing has been addressed yet.
Really? Not even my outdated iPad 3 did that. Hmmmm
[DOUBLEPOST=1451729448,1451729405][/DOUBLEPOST]How bad is the frame rate drop? 25? 15? 5 FPS?
At this time PS Vita is suffering from regular crashes. It might be best to wait until this has been fixed. Currently 505 and Engine are having trouble with reproducing the crashes on their systems so they have yet to diagnose the cause. Thus it has gone so long without being fixed.

At this time PS Vita is suffering from regular crashes. It might be best to wait until this has been fixed. Currently 505 and Engine are having trouble with reproducing the crashes on their systems so they have yet to diagnose the cause. Thus it has gone so long without being fixed.
This.

It has the same content as the home console versions, I suggest waiting for it to go on sale/patched, its an amazing version when its working properly. If you own the original OLED ps vita, then its pure eye candy compared to playing the PC version on an LCD monitor!
..However If you need a game to play in the mean time, I suggest Persona 4 Golden. Great port in my opinion. :)

Well id love to know why I get lag from time to time. Its never ran smoothly for me. Its nothing really terrible but it definitely doesn't run perfectly. Its not just me either theres youtube videos and topics on other message boards with alot of people experiencing frame drops at some point on vita

i get lag too and its very noticeable when there are alot of things happening. i was down in the underworld harvesting hellstone the other day and the speed of the hellstone coming to the player was horrible. It happens near the spawn too. I'm not sure if it has to do with too many things around i.e. animations or whatnot but it doesn't detract too much from the gameplay. Exit the area and its fine. I'd have the lag over the crashing anyday.

I also agree with the post about the OLED screen. i own it on PC, ipad, vita and ps3,ps4 and playing it on my phat Vita is just such a treat. It looks sublime! Not easy to describe it but its like shiny and vibrant and juicy almost. I've spent 1000's of hours in this game on the Vita enjoying every minute of it.

Saying that, I would definitely not recommend the OP to buy it as it is because it is broken. Until the most basic of things, saving, works as intended it is useless, and will only frustrate you.

The Vita version is awesome and actually my preferred one of all versions. (I own ps4, Vita and pc) but like stated multiple times the game crashes on saving often wich is just annoying, especially when you just spend a lot of time on something.

Has the crashes in the ps vita been fixed yet? I am planning to get the game soon and I don't want to regret it.
For the most part, yes the frequent crashes have been addressed. It does still crash on occasion while playing in a large world, but far less frequently than it used to. It's a great game to have with you on the go and is 10x better than the 3ds version in my opinion.

Thank you! Also, has the playstation vita been updated to pc version 1.2.4, and does it get the same updates at the same time as the ps4?

The Vita has been updated to 1.2.4. Yeah, it gets content updated the same time as PS4. Since you can share characters and worlds between the two versions using the PS+ cloud, it would probably cause problems to not release those updates together.

Back
Top Bottom