Should I stay... or should I go.

Zaii

Terrarian
Okay, question for ya'll.

I thoroughly enjoy building, and farting around with various blocks trying to come up with the most spectacular and appropriate housing for myself and my darling NPCs is a must.

However, I always seem to get that itch just past Hardcore after a few bosses to start a new world and re-build ALL OVER AGAIN!

Right now I've got my white stucco/marble Tah Mahal community house with a separate Museum of curiosities & trophies, specialized biomes and NPC housing, looking snazzy... yet I still want to start over.

Anyone else get this annoying/inspiring/time-consuming urge? And... do you go for it, moving everything over in a tedious inventory sweep, or hold back and force yourself to stay?

Why not just rebuilding what you have already? Expand or tears things down.

Also, if you are on PC (can't tell since no tag) and not opposed to using mod, you can just cut/paste your base with TEdit.

I firmly believe that Terraria is to be played however you want. Didn't get to the final boss but want to build some more houses for the NPCs? I say go for it. Start a new world and don't push yourself to play how you think everyone else thinks it should be played. `:)

In the meantime, showcasing your builds is a fun way to "complete" a world. Take a snapshot, post it, and consider that world finished. Or not. However you feel works best.

I know what I do, I was looking for more stories from folks with similar feels, lol.

There's something so sweet about a fresh, nicely-laid our new world that hasn't been sullied by picks, the entire map is black, unexplored and ready to be hacked to pieces, heh heh

Last edited:
I tear my old buildings down every time i have an inspiration. I just keep improving and improving until i am happy with it. Or, you could plan your base at the very beginning so it has rooms for expansion.

I have the same problem. I get some serious OCD when building in Terraria. I deleted everything and started fresh for 1.3, and I have to say that for me personally, the early game construction-wise is mostly utilitarian; create a bland centralized base for NPC's, dig a hellevator, and establish a world wide rail system to get to focal points. Only when I got a fair way into Hardmode (Plantera) did I feel I had acquired a decent amount of materials and gear to feel comfortable to build efficiently and safely, and a whole bunch of ideas opened up. My current project involves isolating a good portion of the underground jungle and outlining a Plantera arena / Life Fruit farm. Eventually I want to start a new large/expert mode world, but I'm still taking my sweet time exploring the end game while building in between as ideas come to me.

I've torn down my builds a time or two (or three) and started new worlds too. I actually just did this afternoon when I decided I wanted to build an underwater base for a new character. I'm sure it'll happen all over again too

Back
Top Bottom