Play as normal all the way through first, and build up your skill normal mode before attempting expert and especially master. Both expert and master are much more difficult. Even with end game armour, some master mode enemies can pretty much one hit kill you.

The items from expert mode treasure bags are very useful, but won't make a lot of difference if you don't have the experience with fighting each boss.

10 hours isn't a lot of experience (I have hundreds of hours, and still find expert/master challenging) and have only experienced two bosses. Play the game as normal, learn as much as you can for now, and then take that experience to an expert world later on.

You can have more than one world, so you can make an expert one and have a try, but you will struggle, and die, and die, and die. A lot lol.

Take your time, and enjoy the experience.

Ill go with medium core with expert mode , expert mode is balanced ,
I strongly recommend against that.

Mediumcore means you will drop all your money and ALL your items when you die. You will have to go and retrieve them with essentially no armour or weapons unless you have spares at your base.

Expert mode is not balanced. Enemies pretty much have twice the health and deal twice the damage. They take less knock back as well. Enemies will also run off with the money you drop.

It's not as simple as that. You won't even be able to one hit kill a zombie in expert mode. You'll barely be able to one hit kill a blue slime with a musket.

Also, Terraria is not like minecraft. If you die and drop all your items, you have to go and retrieve them before you leave the world or your items will be permanently lost. You cannot change to passive mode to make it easier either.

Dropping your items on the surface near spawn is no bother. Dropping all your armour, weapons and accessories in the underground jungle is an entirely different matter.

Last edited:
Well, I guess as I can't convince you, all I can say is good luck.

Once piece of advice: don't rage quit if you die. You will lose all your items in mediumcore. Permanently.

What's the hurry with getting end game items? It'll spoil the experience doing that.

"Honestly, I only want a worm scarf. Hmm maybe I'll just take a Zenith too." 30 minutes later you've beaten every boss and the game gets boring.

What's the hurry with getting end game items? It'll spoil the experience doing that.

"Honestly, I only want a worm scarf. Hmm maybe I'll just take a Zenith too." 30 minutes later you've beaten every boss and the game gets boring.
Well, you have to have some self-restraint and only take items you would have got, at this stage in the game like a lava charm, no more grinding!

It's long and challenging as it is. 10 hours experience is less than I've spent farming for just the Rod of Discord. You haven't even experienced hard mode yet.

Well, you have to have some self-restraint and only take items you would have got, at this stage in the game like a lava charm, no more grinding!
I had to wait for someone else to post before I could post this.

This is true. However, expert items are not just end game, they're end game plus. Getting them before even defeating Skeletron is game changing, not just a little help getting something you already have the ability to get yourself.

Plus a willingness to use a free item server already shows a certain lack of self-restraint. So seeing a stack of chlorophyte next to those 50 hellstone bars you need is going to be a big temptation. And once someone takes a lesser thing, invariably they'll go for the bigger things the next time.

Yeah, mediumcore is too much for a new player lol. I don't even play on mediumcore, and I have been playing for years. I have neither the time to retrieve my items, or the patience.

Don't forget, you can have more than one world. It won't cause bugs at all. There's nothing to stop you having a normal world to stock up. And practice later game enemies who are much harder.

Mediumcore is such an outdated mechanic and really isn't designed for how far Terraria has come, especially when items can take many hours to obtain. Also I wouldn't bother with Master mode as it's a joke.
I played like hour on extreme its so fun lmao i cant even get out of my house because 2 zombies can 1 tap me
That's the complete opposite definition of fun for me, when I play games I want to actually play them and not be stuck in one spot unable to do anything.

At least Oinkiness has Solar Eclipses to look forward too - that'll really be fun. My first one, in a normal world, I spent the entire day getting spawn killed. I couldn't even make it to the nurse.

That would be different, though I'm happy with separate worlds. I normally have a few on the go.

A journey mode pure building world, kept in easy mode. A journey mode "trying things out" world. My normal end game world with all NPCs in their preferred housing. An expert world with various arenas. A drunk world because it's fun. And a large mining world (basically to plow away with the drilling mount to gather resources).

I chose the world/character depending on the kind of game I want to play.

Back
Top Bottom