I' suggest master mode, it is harder i'll tell you that, after that try playing death mode calamity, its fun till that single goddamn zombie keeps killing you before you reach your house. but its better to play expert before that to get a feel, the mod's even incredibly hard on normal mode. ive only killed scal once, on normal, and just barely

It's definitely harder than Expert Mode, but you get used to it quickly enough. You could even try Master Mode For the Worthy (MM FTW) if you want even more difficulty changes, outside of just stat buffs (though also including them, of course). I didn't have much fun with my full MM FTW playthrough though, the FTW changes were as obnoxious as they were creative.

As the difficulty becomes higher, problems with game balance will be magnified. Playstyles that were previously possible become unusable and you won't be able to experience the entire game as intended. This may cause the game to become less fun.

Defense and damage reduction become useless as damage quickly becomes too high for the player to survive being hit. You will be forced to use mobility items because you will need to dodge almost all attacks and many bosses are changed to be harder to dodge in expert and master mode. Melee weapons become too risky to use, because at close range some enemy attacks become unavoidable.

DPS checks become more severe, since many bosses will have both more defense and more health, but you will have the same or less time to defeat them. It will be harder to get the full DPS out of many weapons with the constant demand to avoid almost all enemy attacks. Because of this you will be forced to upgrade your weapons more frequently even if the weaker ones looked cooler or were more fun to use.

It's funny, I was just telling my brother about Master Mode a few days ago (we're start multiplayer this coming Monday), making general DBZ comparisons for comedic relief. Once you decided to crank the difficulty up, you can't pull a Goku anymore, talkin'bout some... "I'm only using 10% of my power", it just doesn't work here, unless this game is your job/ religion. 😏 🤷‍♂️

There are of course the top 1% of players that find this difficulty setting to be easy or boring, but if you're a normal person, like me, it will require you to both over-prepare for fights, & then, also be on your A-game! There's no cutting corners in this Mode, if you aren't trying your very best, YOU WILL DIE... often; that's all there is to it.

If any of this sounds entertaining to you, I highly recommend Master Mode, if not, maybe try ForTheWorthy, Expert Mode instead?

Thanks that its 1.4 and not older versions , expert isnt that that that hard.
Stil hard (hardmode) but not that hard as before
Expert is difficult; why do you think it's called "expert"? Unless you're a complete legend, I wouldn't believe master mode is "not that difficult" at first glance; trust me, it's more difficult than you think.

If you already get hit somewhat rarely in Expert you shouldn't have much trouble with Master at all. I personally use the exact same strats as Expert, because Master doesn't have any new tricks so there isn't really any punishment for it.

Last edited:
Honestly, it's the Normal Enemies & the Invasions you have to worry about most. Bosses are always gonna Boss, but don't let these MLGs have you believe that the Moon Events & Pillar Events won't still kick your teeth in. 😏 🤷‍♂️

My opinion on “For the Worthy”:

Pros:

Double mining power is an incredibly powerful exclusive benefit and it is feels great to break blocks quickly early in the game.
Surface lava pools seem like a downside at first, but you can easily cover them to make them safe and use them as traps. They allow for much safer lava fishing than would be possible in a normal world without spending a lot of time relocating lava. You could make an extra for the worthy world just for some quick and safe lava fishing.

Cons:

All bunnies being explosive bunnies mean you can accidentally kill yourself by attacking. Some minions have attack always active and will trigger the bunny, sometimes killing you.
Bombs randomly spawn that destroy blocks from both pots and trees. You will constantly be putting holes in the terrain just getting wood and breaking pots.
Skeletron Prime's bombs can destroy blocks, so the longer you take to kill him the more of your world he will ruin. I had to build a large explosion-proof arena before fighting him to contain his bombs.
Angel statues randomly replacing the first item in a chest is extremely frustrating, especially if it is a chest in a biome with very few chests or has important items such as the sky islands.

All bunnies being explosive bunnies mean you can accidentally kill yourself by attacking. Some minions have attack always active and will trigger the bunny, sometimes killing you.
This also has the upside of them being incredibly easy (comparatively) to stockpile and 1-frame bosses with, though.

Not having I-frames on explosive bunnies is a bug that could be fixed in a patch.
Considering Bees don't give iframes even though they were already nerfed to not hit invincible enemies, I doubt it. The lack of iframe issue was extremely apparent on those.

So im new player , im playing terraria sience 1 month , i have like 10 hours playtime or 30 , normal mode was too easy , after 1 hour of normal i decided to switch to expert mode because its actually challanging and has loots of cool items!!!!
should i try master mode?
I dont think its hard
see like the HP doesnt matter i could be 5x more but really it would be ok
the thing that makes those difficulties harder is only AI's IMO.
The expert mode AI's are more smart and mobs are anoyying , you cant jump over them , they jump at same time when you want to , eye of clutchu is much faster , skeletron is actually a bit intense.
of course you should. depending what you wanted to do. if you simply want to have fun, go ahead and suffer from the extremely buff enemies. if you wanna flex on your friends, go ahead.
theres a few master only items but some of them are not worth it. some of them are just pets, some of them are actually good mounts. so i think you should.

Back
Top Bottom