Should I use hallowed armor as a summoner?

Corsair1942

Terrarian
I'm currently wearing squire armor and I have a set of forbidden armor. I was wondering if making hallowed summoner armor is worth it since it has very low defense compared to my current gear, but it also lets me summon more minions.

It's absolutely worth it. It's set bonus lets you ignore damage once every 30 seconds, which is one of the most powerful effects in the game and basically means defense doesn't matter. I actually used it so much in my Master Mode playthrough that I was able to kill moon lord with it, and it wasn't even close.

Also, for future reference, defense actually becomes less and less important the farther you go in the game. It's Damage Reduction that really helps you in mid-lategame, and you don't play summoner for that.

Last edited:
I'm currently wearing squire armor and I have a set of forbidden armor. I was wondering if making hallowed summoner armor is worth it since it has very low defense compared to my current gear, but it also lets me summon more minions.
I used hallowed armor along with "Brain of Confusion" and "Master Ninja Gear" as a summoner to beat empress of light during the day to get the terraprism, with these three things together the chance of you escaping when you get hit increases a lot, although the damage has decreased a lot compared to the last summoner armor.

Back
Top Bottom